American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 2: Week 16 Open Empty Season 2: Week 16 Open

Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:06 am
Season 2: Week 16

Slipknot - The Devil In I

Well. If you watched Aaron "Brett Favre" Rodgers square off with Jay "Apparently he's Tom Brady now" Cutler yesterday, you were in for a treat. Heck of a showdown. The difference in the game was Rodgers' two picks. One very early, and then the second interception during the Packers' final drive of the game down by four. It also helped that the refs gave Bears WR Marquess Wilson the ol' college one foot in bounds call to help seal things on a third and long.

In Playoff news the Chiefs have clinched home field advantage with two weeks left in the regular season. While the '72 Dolphins have already uncorked their champagne of perfection, the Chiefs have still not technically lost. I think I speak on behalf of the league when I say, "Fuck you mission."
 Upset - Eli
With that out of the way, BigSteve and his Colts, and the CPU Ravens from beyond the wall are in. If the Colts win out, they get the AFC's second seed. Otherwise, they need a win, and a single Ravens loss to accomplish the same thing. The CPU Jets have a two game lead in the East, but still need one more win to clinch the division. AFC Teams still in the hunt for wildcard spots include the Broncos, Texans, Chargers, Raiders, and Bills.  You'd have to think the Bears beat the CPU Broncos, but the Chargers facing the tough Ravens is no guarantee. And who knows if illmatic will be done eating his momma's home cooking to get at things. The Chargers also have Plusch next week who is fighting to snap a losing skid. The CPU Bills and Raiders might slip in yet giving the AFC only two users in the playoffs. What in the actual fuck.

On the superior side of the conference line, the Eagles, Bears, 49ers, and Buccaneers have all locked in playoff births. The Eagles have a one game lead on home field advantage and a bye week. The other three teams, sitting at 11-3 are battling for the last bye week at the moment. But nothing is set in stone, all 4 have chances at both spots.  The Packers and Panthers lead wildcard bids. The Saints, Seahawks, and even the Vikings despite their 5 game losing streak still cling to hope for playoff chances. The Packers and Saints have the toughest road with two user games left in the way. The 49ers have the easiest road to win out with 2 CPU games left. Everyone else has 1 of each.

For a league with so many CPU teams, the playoff races are pretty fascinating, even this late in the season.

Highlight(s) of the Week
Click to Reveal the Goodness:
Create your best highlights via Twitch, YouTube, or Share Factory and let me know where the video is so we can share them.

User Games
   CPU Games
Buccaneers vs SaintsBroncos vs Bears
Eagles vs VikingsJets vs Texans
Lions vs Packers49ers vs Browns
Ravens vs Chargers
Jaguars vs Titans
Colts vs Patriots
Steelers vs Chiefs
Panthers vs Falcons

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Game of the Week
   VS      
The NFC South is the most heated battle in the league at the moment. The Buccaneers are guaranteed a playoff spot, but the Panthers are still just two games back. The Saints at three games back after a three game losing streak, need to win out to make it to a wildcard matchup.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Season 2: Week 16 Open Empty Re: Season 2: Week 16 Open

Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:12 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Maaaaaan Wilson's feet weren't even close to coming in on further review. Shit. Down 7 with 1:40 a TO left would've been interesting...until I threw another fucking pick probably. Need these 2 games at Lambeau to get in and get that WC.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:44 pm
Packers may have clinched a Wild Card spot with strong win vs Lions at home. Typical EA disconnected the first game which was a 45-15 Packers rout w/ about 2:15 left before the disconnect that saw Rodgers throw for 5 TDs & Eddy Lacy run for 140 yds. 

All that went down the drain for the 2nd game vs the auto-piloted Lions as the Packers won 35-7.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:13 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The Chargers lose to the Ravens in OT 36-30. 

This one was tough to swallow for San Diego fans. With a playoff spot on the line, the Chargers blow a 23-7 lead in the 4th quarter to drop to 7-8 on the season. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, Ravens LB Elvis Dumervil gets a pick-6 off a sack and they convert the 2-pt attempt. With under 3 minutes left, the Ravens forced 2 fumbles and returned them for TDs, converted a 2-pt conversion, and took the lead. 

As they were trying to run out the clock, however, Chargers LB Jarrett Johnson forced his own fumble and returned it for a TD. Tie game.

QB Mike Kafka, who took over for an injured QB Joe Flacco, then led the Ravens on a game-winning drive that was capped by a TD by TE Dennis Pitta.

Damn, I really thought I had this game. The Chargers are now looking forward to next season.

Here's the video. There's a long pause in the middle cause I went to go eat: 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:42 pm
Hey folks, I didn't anticipate New Year's Day festivities. Advance will be tomorrow night for a full 72 hour weekly cycle.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum