American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

State of the League Address Empty State of the League Address

Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 am
Wassup fellas.  As the title states I wanted to guage the pulse of the remaining members to see where we wanted to go from here.  Hopefully everyone is still into the game and wants to continue the Dynasty in some shape or form, but I wanted to get some feedback as to how we wanted to proceed.

We are approaching the end of Season 5 (2017 season) and before we go any further I wanted to get your thoughts on continuing this Dynasty, starting a new Dynasty with updated rosters, recruiting new members, etc.

Continue with the current Dynasty

As I mentioned I am more than happy to continue with this Dynasty, and in fact, even if we move on I think I will keep this one going even if the advances are slower.  Some of the pro's to keep this Dynasty is that we've invested 5 seasons (well, you guys have, lol), we're at the point where the rosters are all CPU generated, we've finally built our teams to our liking thru at least 4 season of recruiting, etc.  Some of the con's are the inflated team ratings amongst the elite teams.  Also, while you still have the ability to change teams via Coaching Carousel you don't have your choice like you would if we started over.  You could drop and rejoin but you lose your Coach XP, risk getting the XP glitch, etc.

Starting A New Dynasty

The crew at Operations Sports have alreayd created a Dynasty Roster file that has eliminated the senior graduates and early entrants to teh draft that will no longer be playing next season as well as created the incoming freshmen.  This may also be an option and one that can be started now or down the road (say closer to the start of the actual college football season).  Starting a dynasty from stratch, especially if we wait until the real season draws closer may help in recruiting additonal users.  Maybe even lure back some of the past members.

Just End It Now

Of course the other option is to just end things now due to lack of interest, lack of users or because you're moving on to the PS4 exclusively.

My thoughts.

I am still enjoying this game (especially now that the job has calmed down and I have time to play perdiodically) but I would like to eventually start up a new dynasty with updates rosters and even potentially recruit users to try and get a full league again (if possible).  With that said, I will continue to keep this current Dynasty running even if its just me (part of the beauty of the game is that you can have multiple dynasties all feel different due to the variety playbooks and teams).

Let me know your thoughts.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

State of the League Address Empty Re: State of the League Address

Fri May 16, 2014 5:26 pm
Already posted some of my thoughts in the other thread, but here's where I'm at:

I do want to play at least one more season with this dynasty, and I would like to eventually start over with new rosters (and, hopefully, more people), so that answers the immediate question. I don't have a PS4 and don't really feel the urge to get one for a while because I have a lengthy backlog of PS3 and Vita games that I'm perfectly happy with for now. Given that, I may or may not play Madden at all next year, leaving NCAA as my main football fix next fall.

Now -- all that said, I am quickly losing interest in football in general, because it's just that time of year. So, that kind of leads me to two thoughts:

1. I may not play past next season of the current dynasty.
2. Personally, I probably won't want to start over with new rosters for a couple months at least. (Thinking end of July/early August is when I usually get the football craving again.)

So... that's my two cents. Smile
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri May 16, 2014 7:04 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:Already posted some of my thoughts in the other thread, but here's where I'm at:

I do want to play at least one more season with this dynasty, and I would like to eventually start over with new rosters (and, hopefully, more people), so that answers the immediate question. I don't have a PS4 and don't really feel the urge to get one for a while because I have a lengthy backlog of PS3 and Vita games that I'm perfectly happy with for now. Given that, I may or may not play Madden at all next year, leaving NCAA as my main football fix next fall.

Now -- all that said, I am quickly losing interest in football in general, because it's just that time of year. So, that kind of leads me to two thoughts:

1. I may not play past next season of the current dynasty.
2. Personally, I probably won't want to start over with new rosters for a couple months at least. (Thinking end of July/early August is when I usually get the football craving again.)

So... that's my two cents. Smile

No doubt and I totally agree.  As I stated I going to keep this Dynasty running regardless, but I think ultimately I want to start up a new one with modified rosters and try to recruit some more users.  With that said, I think a little break is good.  I have to say that after I took 2-3 months off due to work ... once the job calmed down, the NFL draft talk started getting  heavy again (and I don't play madden) I was really looking for that football fix again and it was fun jumping back on NCAA.

I was thinking of eventually starting the new Dynasty around end of July or beginning of August when the NBA playoffs are done, baseball is at its real boring mid point, college football talk gets heated up again and the NFL teams are reporting to training camp so everyone is looking for that football fix again.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:57 pm
What's going on everyone?

If and when you guys decide to start over with updated rosters I would like to hop back in if that's OK. I'll be stuck on Ps3 for the foreseeable future.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:58 pm
What's going on everyone?

If and when you guys decide to start over with updated rosters I would like to hop back in if that's OK. I'll be stuck on Ps3 for the foreseeable future.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:15 pm

No doubt and I totally agree.  As I stated I going to keep this Dynasty running regardless, but I think ultimately I want to start up a new one with modified rosters and try to recruit some more users.  With that said, I think a little break is good.  I have to say that after I took 2-3 months off due to work ... once the job calmed down, the NFL draft talk started getting  heavy again (and I don't play madden) I was really looking for that football fix again and it was fun jumping back on NCAA.

I was thinking of eventually starting the new Dynasty around end of July or beginning of August when the NBA playoffs are done, baseball is at its real boring mid point, college football talk gets heated up again and the NFL teams are reporting to training camp so everyone is looking for that football fix again.

I'm on board with the option of keeping the old dynasty going and then starting over in August with updated rosters. I think the lack of an NCAA football offering from EA will bring people back to 2014. Heck I even load up NCAA 2013 sometimes to play and I have no problem finding an opponent to play ranked games with online. I am shocked that people still play that version. Once the NFL training camp opens and college football kicks off I see people itching to play NCAA14 again. Also it will help with my modified xp glitch. I don't get all the possible points that I could be getting so it's slow rolling trying to move up the coaching skills tree. 

I am planning on staying with the PS3 as well so that's contributing to my decision and I think it would greatly improve things if we found some more players to join.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:36 pm
Would totally join in if I'm welcomed back for the restart  Laughing  , the xp glitch bummed out my NCAA binge.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Sounds good fellas.  I'm definitely up for a reboot as well.

I think the plan will be the following:

- Finish out this season of NCAA14.

- At that point I think we will have some guys taking a break to enjoy the Summer and just get away from the game for awhile (myself included).  I will keep the Dynasty open and advance the week for those that want to keep playing and see the fruits of their recruiting. I can also transafer the Commissioner duties if that suits you better. 

- At some point later this Summer I'll download an updated roster file and create a new Dynasty.  I'm thinking of creating and starting the new Dynasty sometime in late August/early September.  This will give everyone at least two months off, Summer will be ending, school/college will be starting up and the buzz about both the college/NFL seasons will be in full swing.

I'll throw out some feelers for new players to at some point to try and get a full house for the new Dynasty.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum