American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of the League

+6
Nickjl87
GoingCommandoAZ
Endless_Reverie
dabarber1974
PRE_-CISION-_
illmatic717
10 posters
Go down
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

State of the League Empty State of the League

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm
I've been a terrible commisioner especially this past week. For the last 3 weeks I've been slacking BIG TIME and I apologize to everyone because there are so many good guys here that I've been letting down. When i created this job I was working a make-ends-meet job and I lucked into a great career opportunity and have been working A LOT of hours at 2nd shift with a 40 minute commute. I also began seeing someone and i've just been exhausted. I've let a lot of people down here and for that I am sorry. You have no clue how bad I feel about letting this league slide from what I consider an elite-type of level. I put in a lot of work jsut to get things rolling and there's a lot of great guys here who have busted their ass to make things work because we all know these arent the smoothest or easiest things in the world.

Not being active the last week especially is unacceptable on my part completely. Between work and the new girl it actually puts into perspective for me how dedicated a lot of people at AALOA and GSL are considering they have all these things and more and find time for Madden. Right now, I just can't do it as a commish. It isn't an insane amount of work, but it's too much for me right now and I just feel depleted of energy when I do come home to do writeups and cool stuff that adds to the league experience for everyone.

I want to step down as commish if someone wants to take the reigns. I can't use the computer or my phone at work because I am working with fighting teenagers for 10 hours and my attention can't be diverted like that. If someone wants to take the reigns as commish, I will give you the duty of advancing every 2-3 days and take a seat way in the back. I again really apologize to everyone because when I started this league I had a ton of free time and those who know me from aaloa know i'd spend hours in chat every single night almost but right now it feels more like a chore and im just worn out. I'd say someone like Endless, or Talk, or Commando, Squirrel, etc would be great to run things. It's really just advancing, recruiting from time to time, and dealing with complaints and issues. Text me if that's what someone wants to do and I'll transfer the duties. Sorry again and I feel very badly.
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 241
Swagger : 3
LocationPennslyvania
Fave NFL Team : St Louis Rams
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Lions

State of the League Empty Re: State of the League

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm
Life > video games, hope you find the time to come back at some point

I don't want to see GSL end after just one season especially considering its the only league where im my favorite team. I hope some of the guys you mentioned step up for the job and I offer my help as needed to keep things going
dabarber1974
dabarber1974
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 41
Swagger : -1
LocationTN

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 pm
i helped run many lgs as you know i would be more than happy to set up for you. I have thought of you as a stand up guy from the start and thank you for being honest.
Endless_Reverie
Endless_Reverie
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 198
Swagger : 1
Locationvirginia

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 pm
hey man Life takes precedence. I hope everything works out best for you. I'll definitely support whatever decisions guys have, so I want to see the league last many seasons into the future.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:55 pm
Sorry ill, but I'm gonna have to ask you to quit your job. It's only fair to all of us. Rolling Eyes

Take care of the personal life before online gaming life. I'm happy to help out in any way that's needed.
Nickjl87
Nickjl87
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 127
Swagger : 2
LocationEdmonton,Ab,Can
Fave NFL Team : Titans/Seahawks
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon/Miami

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm
No doubt keep it going ill do what's needed as well
Crakajak24
Crakajak24
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 31
Swagger : 0
LocationTexas

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm
I also would like to take over. I have ran leagues. I have the time and resources to run a great league and when you are ready to take over again By all means this is your baby I would step aside
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 134
Swagger : 2
LocationBK

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 am
Damn.....ill....but you got to take care of your personal life and get things in order before any and all video games. With that being said if the guys don't mind....I wouldn't mind running things until you're ready to come back.....been doing a lot of recruiting lately. Let me know.
Flaharty
Flaharty
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 102
Swagger : 1
LocationLivonia, MI
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 pm
Hopefully the new commissioner can keep things going smoothly like you did. This is my first ever league and it's been exciting. You were a good commish and hope everything works out for you.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm
Well guys, several people have texted me and there's such an amazing group of committed ballers here. I want to give the nod to Talk to take things over. For me, being a commish an stuff has never been an ego type of things and the only reason GSL exists is just to provide a venue where like-minded people who love football and SIM MADDEN can join together and get some quality games in while bullshitting around about Madden, NFL, and life in general. Talk has really done a lot the last few weeks when I've dropped the ball.

Again I realize there's no excuse for not being around and doing things I need to do as commish and frankly it's just not fair to all the people who put in the dedication and make time for this league for me to half-ass things and keep convincing myself that the next week will be better and I'll have more time.

So that being said, I'd like to apoint Talk the commish of GSL. He has recruited a ton even when I didn't ask for help and has gone out of his way so many times to make this league active and fun for everyone. I think there's a handful of guys here who are capable of running a league so it's definitely no slight towards guys like Craka or Barber or Commando, etc.

I am also leaving things open as far as commish goes. For instance, if Talk wants to be commish and have that title and do certain things, but he wants to let Commando do advances since he is west coast, that's fine. I'll let you guys decide those things. It's really just a matter of labels and semantics.

I'm still gonna be around and hopefully more often but I am just too depleted of energy right now and it isn't fair to all of you guys. I'm trying to work my way up the company ladder and if I can nail down a caseworker supervisor position in the next 6 months I'll have a lot less stressors and more time. I am going to put Talk as the commish on the PS3 and you guys can decide what works best for advances or recruiting. Again I am really sorry to everyone and never invisioned myself in this career position so early but I thank everyone for doin all of the little things that sometimes fly under the radar to make things fun.
dabarber1974
dabarber1974
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 41
Swagger : -1
LocationTN

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:03 pm
Awesome lets get these playoffs rollin then boys
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:49 pm
I agree. I feel Talk will do a good job and deserves a shot.
mission8
mission8
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:50 pm
Even though he is a cowboys fan Very Happy
Crakajak24
Crakajak24
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 31
Swagger : 0
LocationTexas

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 pm
I agree i think talk will do a great job and thank you ILL for mentioning Me and the other people that could run this league. I hope you get to that ladder and start climbing
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 am
Congrats on the job ill. No apologies needed at all. Take care of personal stuff, that always comes first no matter what.

We were talking about this in chat the other night and it might help out to have someone help out to take the pressure off of a single person being commish. I think it would help out a lot, especially if Talk gets busy or has something going on a certain week. I'm happy to do the advancing or whatever is needed to help out. I'm always on a computer for work and like ill said, being on the west coast might be helpful for those late advances. Either way, the league is in good hands. Let's get this baby rolling again!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum