American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 2: Playoffs: Divisional Round Open Empty Season 2: Playoffs: Divisional Round Open

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:27 pm
Week advances on Thursday night.

Dolphins @ Browns
Seahawks @ Bears 
Bills @ Broncos
Vikings @ Cowboys
Sick_Wid_it12
Sick_Wid_it12
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 161
Swagger : 2
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Texas Longhorns

Season 2: Playoffs: Divisional Round Open Empty Re: Season 2: Playoffs: Divisional Round Open

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:43 pm
I'm nervous! Haven't played a good player in a while!
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Season 2: Playoffs: Divisional Round Open Empty Re: Season 2: Playoffs: Divisional Round Open

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:43 am
Does anyone have some info about the Browns' style of play? There's still no scouting report written about them and they seemed to be dominant during the 15-1 regular season.

Can someone who played him during the season shed some light on what to expect?
Sick_Wid_it12
Sick_Wid_it12
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationTexas

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:34 pm
Hippo played me he retired, x-nike he also retired, steelpitt as well and edj played me in a test game.
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Madden 11, 25 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 11, 25 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 320
Swagger : 4
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Denver Broncos
Fave NCAA Team : UNT Mean Green

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:28 pm
Broncos over Bills 35-28.

Bills get opening kickoff, embark on looooong drive ending with short TD run to go up 7-0. Mariani takes kickoff past the 50 and into Bills territory. I forgot I'd changed my depth chart around to avoid injury in week 17, so The Great Os is at QB and drives the Broncos inside the 5 where Hillman scores on the ground, 7-7. Bills take next drive and the Broncos have no answers on defense again and Bills eat up tons more clock and eventually score to go back up 14-7. Denver gets another good KR up around their own 40. PA bomb time, Beybey is 1 on 1 but the ball is under thrown terribly. Bills CB is run off the route though by the user, leaving Thomas all alone to make the catch and run it in, 14-14. Bills take over with a few minutes left in the half but Manuel throws ball right to user MLB playing coverage and Watson runs it in for the TD, 21-14. The Broncos D cannot stop the Bills from tying it up at the half though on a Stevie Johnson catch, 21-21.

Broncos punt to open the 2nd half and Bills start driving. Broncos on 2nd down dial up a zone blitz and Manuel tries to squeeze it past CB Webster in user coverage but he snags it. The Broncos drive and on 2nd down Freeman fires an out route to Thomas who catches it and makes one guy miss and is gone, 28-21. The Bills would not be denied though and utilized passes out of the backfield to Spiller and tight, contested throws on post routes to receivers and they would eventually run it in again from short yardage, 28-28. Broncos drive a bit midway through the 4th but a blitz rocks Freeman as he was waiting for a deep middle route to develop and Broncos punt. A couple plays later Manuel rolls out and instead of throwing it away tries to toss it straight ahead to the TE but LB Mitchell was spying him and jumped up to pick it off. The Broncos converted a couple 1st downs, forced the Bills to burn a time out, and eventually Freeman ran it in on the option for a 35-28 lead with about 1:50 left and Buffalo holding on to 2 time outs.

They would drive a bit but eat a lot of clock up with run plays and around midfield would have a 4th and 6 and fail, sealing the game for Denver. GG. Both QB's were pretty assy in this game with wildly inaccurate throws. I was having some fits with my man coverage assignments, the motion and shifts would make my guys go crazy and end up with receivers with no defenders covering them. I had to reset the plays a lot and 3 times I accidentally flipped the play instead but luckily for me they were all run plays. I really hope EA finally fixes this next gen, it's been an issue for like 2 years now.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:08 am
Hey Sick, are you saying everyone who played you quit afterwards??? Should I be worried about my future in the league?

Very Happy
Sick_Wid_it12
Sick_Wid_it12
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationTexas

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 am
Hahaha no lol I guess no ones ever done a scout on me
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:47 pm
Dolphins over Browns, 41-7

Ryan Tannehill threw an INT on the very first play of the game. After that everything else went our way...
Brent Grimes got us the ball back with a pick in our own endzone and our offense started to work better after mixing up the playcalling a bit. Mike Gillislee ran for 3 TDs as he was forced into a workhorse role after an injury to Ahmad Bradshaw early in the game (starter Lamar Miller got injured last week against the Jaguars and is on IR). Ryan Tannehill was on target for most of his throws, acting more like a game manager than a true playmaking QB. Offensively I did a good job mixing up the playcalling but the key to the game were the Browns' turnovers (4 INT, 2 lost fumbles) and that they couldn't stop our running game.
I was up 24-0 at halftime, so I played the game conservatively in the second half (a lot of runs mixed with some PA passing and some save short passes). League MVP Logan Thomas was under constant pressure from Dion Jordan & Sergio Kindle (replacing Cam Wake who is on IR). Although Thomas wasn't sacked (he could elude a lot of sacks) he was forced out of the pocket, disrupting his reads. Our DBs came up big, blanketing their WRs all game and getting 4 INTs. Special mentioning should go to FS Chris Clemons who had a career day (2 INT, 1 FF).

@ Sick: you had some really tough breaks in our game. You had to overcome 6 turnovers (at least 3 of them were not your fault). Keep your head up high after a great season. I know you haven't played your best game today and can do much better.

On a sidenote, our recent injury slump continues. Our best CB Brent Grimes joins Cameron Wake, Lamar Miller and Brian Hartline on IR. LB/DE Koa Misi could return next week but will have to battle for playing time after youngsters Jelani Jenkins & Sergio Kindle played really well as his replacement.
Sick_Wid_it12
Sick_Wid_it12
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationTexas

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 pm
I hope you take it all brother go dolphins hahaha I had tough breaks mostly fumbles and that fuckin pass rush i need to draft lineman i knew that would come back on me but that's no excuse you played crazy good you took me off my game eliminated my bell cow (t rich) and forced me out of the pocket every play it was still fun playing you. (Great changes in your game after the first quartee i couldnt come back! Like I said congrats and I hope you keep it in the afc if I could transfer my whole team to yalls division I would! Good luck man.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:11 am
Bears over Seahawks. Coach EDJ pulled a Jordan and gutted through a terrible flu bug like Jordan did. He looked a little something like this on the sidelines.
Season 2: Playoffs: Divisional Round Open Original
It was a close battle. On a 3rd and goal in the 2nd half, Jay Cutler found nobody to throw to, and scrambled left to throw the ball away. An anxious Seahawks defender lit him up after the throw though giving Chicago a second chance inside the 5. Russell Wilson answered on the next play though busting a huge run.

Chicago remained calm and answered with the go ahead touchdown. On the Seahawks last drive of the game, they stall at the 17 on 4th down and Chicago runs out the last 3 minutes on the clock.

Seahawks 17
Bears 24
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:32 am
Those new logos/avatars are terrible, I liked the others better... No offense to anyone.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:00 pm
burnum81 wrote:Those new logos/avatars are terrible, I liked the others better... No offense to anyone.
I put a post under the miscellaneous forum, but I'll reiterate here that I was hitting storage issues with the forum and have deleted a bunch of them since I'm a cheapskate and won't pay for storage. You're free to use your own. All custom ones were left alone. Not sure how the forum stores those, but they weren't showing up as admin.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:08 am
Ok, I understand that. Nobody expects you to pay for storage. In that case I have no problem with the 'lesser' avatars.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum