American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

College Football Replay Empty College Football Replay

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:37 pm
Wassup fellas.  As a way to pass the time between league games, get some practice vs users and just play some games in general I wanted to gauge interest in "College Football Replay".  Basically we would play some of the matchups from the current college football schedule.  It can be big schools, little school, uneven teams, etc.  Its not mandatory, but just a way to play some games between league games.  Also, with so many different teams, different playbooks and different styles this gives you a chance to explore them or just use a team other than your Dynasty team.

If anyone is interested just post in this thread and the game that interests you.  I'll be on around 10PM EST if anyone is up for a game.

Here is the link to this week's schedule:

This Week's College Football Schedule

Here are some possible interesting matchups to re-create:

Florida vs LSU
Texas vs Oklahoma
Navy vs Duke
Miami (OH) vs UMass (a matchup of two winless teams, lol)

There are obviously others.  If anyone wants to run one, let me know.

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a lower level teams game like Miami (OH) vs UMass or Troy vs Georgia State.

Last edited by Steel Pitt on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

College Football Replay Empty Re: College Football Replay

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:46 pm
Sign me up. I'll find a matchup that interests me. But if anyone finds one, I'll jump on if I'm free. I have a bye week in Madden, and already played Week 3 in NCAA. So these next couple nights are golden.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:02 pm
These are the games that I want to play

Temple @ Cincinnati
Oregon @ Washington
Hawaii @ UNLV
Boise St @ Utah St.

Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:09 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:These are the games that I want to play

Temple @ Cincinnati
Oregon @ Washington
Hawaii @ UNLV
Boise St @ Utah St.

I'm cool with those, plus I don't think we've played this year (maybe once in August).  If you see me on, send me an invite.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:32 pm
Anyone want to try:

Miami (OH) vs UMass
Troy vs Georgia State
Middle Tenn State vs North Texas
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:24 pm
I'm free to try one of those matchups tonight.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:28 pm
College Football Replay TroyInstant ClassicCollege Football Replay 433px-Georgia_State_Panthers_Logo.svg
Pitt and I squared off. I was Troy, Pitt was Georgia State. Yet another epic matchup that goes into overtime.

Georgia State busted out to a 10-0 lead before Troy clawed back to make it 10-17 GSU at halftime.  The 3rd quarter was a slugfest until busted coverage opened up for Troy and a 72 yard TD pass to tie it up at 17. In the 4th quarter, both teams traded TD inside the final 3 minutes. With 90 seconds to go, GSU was within borderline field goal range. A poor option pitch went backwards and out of bounds and a 2nd down sack forced a bad throw on 3rd down. Troy used a time out to get the ball back with the punt. The Trojans go nowhere, so GSU calls time out with less than 30 seconds to go but goes nowhere.

OVERTIME

Troy loses the toss, goes on offense first, and gets inside the 5 yard line. Play 1, Wildcat Option. Play is wide open for a TD since Pitt was in Aggressive Option Coverage, but the pulling linemen stopped the jet ball carrier. Play two is a quick dump off in the flats that goes nowhere. It had a chance if the RB could break a tackle. Play 3 is the Z Spot rollout pass. QB is buying time and the corner route is wide open in the corner of the end zone just standing there. QB can't even throw it that far (less than 15 yards?) or accurate enough for the WR to get a chance. Field Goal.

GSU marches right inside the 5. On 3rd down, they call the same X/Z Spot route combo, easy TD. (Insert Tebow Tears here). Nothing worse than losing to the exact same play that could've won the game for you. Salty. 30-27 Panthers.

GREAT GAME PITT!
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:04 am
the_EDJ wrote:
College Football Replay TroyInstant ClassicCollege Football Replay 433px-Georgia_State_Panthers_Logo.svg
Pitt and I squared off. I was Troy, Pitt was Georgia State. Yet another epic matchup that goes into overtime.

Georgia State busted out to a 10-0 lead before Troy clawed back to make it 10-17 GSU at halftime.  The 3rd quarter was a slugfest until busted coverage opened up for Troy and a 72 yard TD pass to tie it up at 17. In the 4th quarter, both teams traded TD inside the final 3 minutes. With 90 seconds to go, GSU was within borderline field goal range. A poor option pitch went backwards and out of bounds and a 2nd down sack forced a bad throw on 3rd down. Troy used a time out to get the ball back with the punt. The Trojans go nowhere, so GSU calls time out with less than 30 seconds to go but goes nowhere.

OVERTIME

Troy loses the toss, goes on offense first, and gets inside the 5 yard line. Play 1, Wildcat Option. Play is wide open for a TD since Pitt was in Aggressive Option Coverage, but the pulling linemen stopped the jet ball carrier. Play two is a quick dump off in the flats that goes nowhere. It had a chance if the RB could break a tackle. Play 3 is the Z Spot rollout pass. QB is buying time and the corner route is wide open in the corner of the end zone just standing there. QB can't even throw it that far (less than 15 yards?) or accurate enough for the WR to get a chance. Field Goal.

GSU marches right inside the 5. On 3rd down, they call the same X/Z Spot route combo, easy TD. (Insert Tebow Tears here). Nothing worse than losing to the exact same play that could've won the game for you. Salty. 30-27 Panthers.

GREAT GAME PITT!
Great game indeed.  I'm not sure if we've ever played a game that wasn't decided until the final 2 minutes.

FYI - I never touched the Option Defense Gameplan.  It was set to balanced all game ... so that was all CPU keying on the QB.

It was nice to use different teams and playbooks, although I was hoping Georgia State's offensive PB would be a little more exotic.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 am
I also had a good game on Tuesday vs Truth as we played Boise State vs Utah State.

GG again Truth.

Btw - who is the WR on Boise State because he was fast.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:23 pm
Anyone want to try the Red River Rivalry (Texas vs Oklahoma)? or maybe LSU vs Florida?
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:38 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Anyone want to try the Red River Rivalry (Texas vs Oklahoma)? or maybe LSU vs Florida?
Im up for either of those. I'll send you a message you on PSN
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:I also had a good game on Tuesday vs Truth as we played Boise State vs Utah State.

GG again Truth.

Btw - who is the WR on Boise State because he was fast.
Idk but that dude changed the whole game. I had the momentum until the long TD catch & run before halftime. I don't know how he sliced through the secondary liked that without anyone touching him.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum