American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

NFL Team Vent Thread Empty NFL Team Vent Thread

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 am
I can't believe it. I thought Norv Turner was gone but he's only wearing a Mike McCoy disguise. 

Shotguns out of 3rd and shorts... Abandoned the run game with a 2 TD lead in the 4th.

And WTF is up with Brian Cushing's Flying Superman Pick-6... 9 out of 10 times that isn't an INT. He's so roided to the brain, he's flying around like Superman.

This one is tough to swallow. I'm done.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

NFL Team Vent Thread Empty Re: NFL Team Vent Thread

Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 pm
Once again, just like every single week...

-ATL gets a huge lead
-ATL plays ultra conservative and takes foot off the gas
-ATL allows inferior team right back in the game
-ATL barely holds on to win

So frustrating. I realize there are worse problems, but this is getting old. Still, I will take a win, but go for the throat when you can.

Also our DE and FB are out for the season. Two really unsung but really important guys too.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 am
I know nobody ready but I want to vent.

We should have beat the Dolphins.

No disrespect, but that was a game I watched and said "Wow, we shoulda won that one." It started with seemingly dominating the first half but only leading 13-10. We were just pounding the rock but couldn't convert 3rd downs, credit to Miami. The real killer was the fumble on the punt return though. No clue what he was seeing, but that was a killer just like the Julio fumble in Week 1. 

Then our kicker, Mr. Reliable misses a chip shot to go up 6. Honestly it was just like every ATL game of the past 2 years. There was 4ish minutes left and setting up to be another Matty Ice last minute drive for a game winning FG. But Bryant missed an easy one.

And I am convinced Mike Smith is Les Miles. Terrible, terrible clock management that I bitched about Week 1 as well. Had we converted the 4th down VS the Saints to take the lead, Smith left way too much time for Brees to make a drive by calling timeouts for the defense. Then against Miami, they are driving to score and we let them run the clock down when we need to score a TD to win. It just made no sense.

Not feeling good so far about Atlanta. Still think we will get in the playoffs but SO many injuries so far. Weatherspoon, Bierman, and our FB are out for the year and Roddy is clearly still hurt. Jackson being out doesn't phase me because I have always said Snelling is honestly a starter quality back. Offensive line is not good. It gives me hope seeing Green Bay take the SuperBowl with all of their injuries a couple years ago though.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:53 am
illmatic_216 wrote:I know nobody ready but I want to vent.

We should have beat the Dolphins.

No disrespect, but that was a game I watched and said "Wow, we shoulda won that one." It started with seemingly dominating the first half but only leading 13-10. We were just pounding the rock but couldn't convert 3rd downs, credit to Miami. The real killer was the fumble on the punt return though. No clue what he was seeing, but that was a killer just like the Julio fumble in Week 1. 

Then our kicker, Mr. Reliable misses a chip shot to go up 6. Honestly it was just like every ATL game of the past 2 years. There was 4ish minutes left and setting up to be another Matty Ice last minute drive for a game winning FG. But Bryant missed an easy one.

And I am convinced Mike Smith is Les Miles. Terrible, terrible clock management that I bitched about Week 1 as well. Had we converted the 4th down VS the Saints to take the lead, Smith left way too much time for Brees to make a drive by calling timeouts for the defense. Then against Miami, they are driving to score and we let them run the clock down when we need to score a TD to win. It just made no sense.

Not feeling good so far about Atlanta. Still think we will get in the playoffs but SO many injuries so far. Weatherspoon, Bierman, and our FB are out for the year and Roddy is clearly still hurt. Jackson being out doesn't phase me because I have always said Snelling is honestly a starter quality back. Offensive line is not good. It gives me hope seeing Green Bay take the SuperBowl with all of their injuries a couple years ago though.
Yeah I was surprised, no doubt i'm happy we won, but Bryant missing that FG I think under a 40 yarder shouldn't happen, killed the mojo.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:31 pm
Dolphins and Chiefs are 3-0 whereas the Giants, Redskins and Steelers are 0-3. Crazy start to the year.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:38 pm
The Chargers should be 3-0 right now. Crazy come back win by the Titans. If we were 3-0 I'd believe we would have made the playoffs for sure. Now it'll be a fight to get in.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:57 pm
I would probably have gone mentally insane if I were a Chargers fan the last decade or so.

Being in Pittsburgh, but not being a Steelers fan, I was well prepared for this to happen because objectively the Steelers never looked like a good team. They just have very little talent and playmakers. People around here had way too high of expectations for them.

As a Falcons fan, I LOL at the Bucs dysfunction and the Panthers are not the darkhorse that some analysts predicted. I also hate Scam Newton. 

Saints are looking tough, but not that tough. They are 3-0 but from watching the Falcons game, I wasn't very impressed. Falcons 2 rookie corners shutdown the WRs and they were playing without Asante Samuel and a very injured Roddy White. Still took the Saints to a last second play from inside the 10 to win the game in their home stadium. Saints are a little over rated.
wolf465
wolf465
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 78
Swagger : 2
LocationAlabama
Fave NFL Team : St Louis Rams/Tennessee Titans
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama Crimson Tide

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:03 pm
Bradford is hurt, St. Louis might lose the Rams after this season, and Jeff Fisher has a mentally retarded man as his offensive coordinator. 

/vent/
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:05 pm
Please explain to me why you would ever, EEEEVER keep passing the ball in the 2nd half when up 26-3. Who in their bright fucking mind said on Dallas' sideline: "Oh hey, lets keep throwing the ball and see what happens. Who cares if Murray is having a good day." I mean really, how ignorant can you possibly be. I'm not a big Dallas fan myself but seeing this game after game is ridiculous. They SHOULD have won this game. Romo will always keep making the same mistakes as long as he is the QB in Dallas. Jerry Jones is the epitome of an ignorant minded football man. Cut them all, Garrett, Kiffin, Jones, Romo. Sorry Mustard if this effects you, but its true.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This meme has come about.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 pm
Clete Blakeman and his reffing crew should be banned from the NFL. Way to choke on the whistle on a delay of game no call, letting the Packers continue their last drive. Not to mention the blatant bear hug of Peppers no call on Cobb's 1st TD and the 1st half missed calls that even dumbasses like Joe Buck were calling. Chicago, please fire Mel Tucker and the entire defense.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:01 pm
Wow. Cutler 7 year deal  pale 

Anyway chargers finally back in the postseason. Unfortunately Bengals can be great on D at times.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 pm
Ken wrote:Wow. Cutler 7 year deal  pale 

Anyway chargers finally back in the postseason. Unfortunately Bengals can be great on D at times.
I'm ok with the deal. Puts him right in line with the "can be great" quarterbacks not name Brady or Manning.  Chargers offense should be enough to surprise Bengals I'd expect. But can the Chargers handle the Bengals offense?
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:25 pm
Their game in regular season was like 14-10 or some weird score. Shitty game for chargers.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum