American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview Empty AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:37 am
AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview 2014-vizio-rose-bowl-national-championship

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview

The 2013 season is upon us and the sounds of thumping shoulder pads are filling college campuses everywhere.  The AALoA Dynasty enters its fourth season and once again we begin with a full house and a mix of returning vets and eager newcomers.  As we near the start of the first season (Saturday, August 10) we take a look at some of the storylines.

Can you say STACKED?

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview B1G_Family_Portrait

For the first time in AALoA Dynasty history we have a conference with six users.  The B1G will be the home of user owners for Iowa (Steel Pitt), Nebraska (EDJ), Michigan State (Squirrel), Ohio State (Buckeye), Illinois (Animosity) and Penn State (illmatic).  Steel Pitt, EDJ and Squirrel are all AD/HC with National Championship hardware on their resumes from past versions.  With 3 users in the Leaders and 3 users in the Legends Divisions the battles for the division titles will be just as intense as the battle for the B1G Championship overall.  Will any of these 6 heavyweights be able to get through the gauntlet and challenge for a National Championship?  Will any of the users even represent the B1G in a BCS Bowl or will they all just beat each other up?

New Faces ... Same Intersity

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview Pac-121

The PAC12 once again finds itself with three users fighting for the crown.  Zach returns to coach the USC Trojans as he hopes to regain his championship form from NCAA13.  Exit Truth and Squirrel and enter Degenerate (Oregon) and Ken (UCLA) to the fold.  After taking a year off can Ken challenge for the PAC12 title?  After pounding the rock with the big beef-eaters in Wisconsin, what will Coach Degenerate have in store for the Oregon offense?

The Year of the Mobile QB?

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview Taylor-martinez

This year's version has made improvements to the Read Option and made mobile QB even more of a threat.  How will that impact the Heisman Trophy races and can we see another user take home the title?  There are plenty of candidates in Taylor Martinez (Nebraska), Stephen Morris (Miami), Braxton Miller (Ohio State) and Marcus Mariotta (Oregon).  But don't forget about former User Hesiman Winner RB DeAnthony Thomas (Oregon).  RB Duke Johnson (Miami) could be a sleeper.

All of these are interesting storylines but we'll begin to get answers to these questions in a matter of days.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview Empty Re: AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Never cease to amaze me pitt just got me hyped lets go!
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview Empty Re: AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Kickoff Preview

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:22 pm
Hey...dont forget about Nathan Scheelhaase for mobile QBs...but Illinois cant have nice things...so
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:25 pm
Nice preview Steel! I am worried about mobile QBs because I don't have one lol. And my defense isn't that great. With all those users in the B1G it should be a battle. It'd be funny if we all beat each other up and a CPU team ended with the best record lol
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:36 pm
illmatic216 wrote:Nice preview Steel! I am worried about mobile QBs because I don't have one lol. And my defense isn't that great. With all those users in the B1G it should be a battle. It'd be funny if we all beat each other up and a CPU team ended with the best record lol

Join the club as my QB's are not exactly fleet of foot.  lol  (mission 1 in recruiting is target a scrambling QB even if its just for situational packages).

I wouldn't be surprised if there were ties atop the Division and a CPU team was involved in the mix.  Us B1G users may also have to ease up on any thoughts of a BCS Title.  A shot at the Rose Bowl may have to be good enough.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:27 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:Hey...dont forget about Nathan Scheelhaase for mobile QBs...but Illinois cant have nice things...so

This made me laugh...  hang in there Ani, another disappointing season and I think Bobby Petrino may be on his way to save the program...
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:24 am
I wish there were some B1G teams that I liked so I could join in on the fun. But maybe the ACC will be an easy road to the BCS.

Zach, you should roll with Va.Tech.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:24 am
I wish there were some B1G teams that I liked so I could join in on the fun. But maybe the ACC will be an easy road to the BCS.

Zach, you should roll with Va.Tech.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 am
Its either down to them or Baylor so we'll see.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm
Ok im running with VA Tech lets get it.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:21 pm
I'll stick with UCLA. How active is Degenerate?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:02 pm
Zach561 wrote:Ok im running with VA Tech lets get it.

Nice, the ACC should be good with VA Tech, GA Tech and Miami all user controlled.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:02 pm
Ken wrote:I'll stick with UCLA. How active is Degenerate?

He's been active in the past in terms of playing his games but he doesn't visit and post on the site much (unfortunately).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum