American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Should we turn on coaching contracts for the NCAA14 Dynasty?

5 - 83%
1 - 17%

Total Votes: 6

Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Suggestion - Coaching Contracts Empty AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Suggestion - Coaching Contracts

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:40 am
truth_n_babylon wrote:Steel, what do you think about turning on coach contacts this year? I think it would add a nice wrinkle. For me the contact goals add to the immersion. And the offseason coaching carousel is my favorite part of the offseason next to position changes.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Suggestion - Coaching Contracts Empty Re: AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Suggestion - Coaching Contracts

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 am
Wassup fellas.  NCAA14 is coming out tomorrow and that excitement is coming back around.  Our NCAA14 Dynasty is starting to take shape as we have 7 confirmations from prior participants and 3 people on the wait list in case there is room left over.  With that said, the Dynasty probably won't start until the end of August so between now and then feel free to provide suggestions as to how we may want to improve/enhance the Dynasty experience.

Truth's suggestion (as seen in the original post) is related to Coaching Contracts.  We tried this in NCAA11 when we ran two separate Dynasties (traditional and coaching).  I don't plan on running two Dynasties this time around but how does everyone feel about turning on Coaching Contracts in our Traditional Dynasty?

If we did this, my suggestion would be that we all start as the Head Coach of the school of our choice (no restrictions) and we turn the Coaching Contracts on.  This way everyone can play with their favorite team and those that want to test the waters of the Coaching Caroussel can do so and those that want to ride out with their original team can just elect to re-sign. 

The one thing to note is that with the Coaching Contracts on those that do not perform run the risk of potentially being fired from their favorite team.  Also, with Coaching Goals to achieve you run the risk of users taking advantage of the CPU and playing unsim to ensure that they meet/exceed their goals.

What do you guys think?
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Suggestion - Coaching Contracts Empty Re: AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Suggestion - Coaching Contracts

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:17 pm
I love the idea, totally down for it gives us a new dynamic.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 am
Yea I don't see why not, sounds interesting...  although I'm going to end up getting fired cause Steel is in B1G, meaning Ohio State will never win the conference, which I'm sure will be my primary goal...lol
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:53 am
BK_Buckeye wrote:Yea I don't see why not, sounds interesting...  although I'm going to end up getting fired cause Steel is in B1G, meaning Ohio State will never win the conference, which I'm sure will be my primary goal...lol

B1G has the potential be really exciting this year.  So far out of the 5 teams that have been confirmed, 4 are in the B1G (OSU, Iowa, Neb and Illinois).
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:41 pm
Just a quick suggestion, can we make it a rule that we have to create new coaches when we start the dynasty. Due to the new coach skill trees, I feel like if we chose existing coaches, the skill trees would provide unfair recruiting due to the fact that this year its a little bit more difficult in the years past. Just a suggestion to level the playing field. Thanks.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:Just a quick suggestion, can we make it a rule that we have to create new coaches when we start the dynasty. Due to the new coach skill trees, I feel like if we chose existing coaches, the skill trees would provide unfair recruiting due to the fact that this year its a little bit more difficult in the years past. Just a suggestion to level the playing field. Thanks.

Absolutely.  Believe it or not I was actually going to make that mandatory this year because of the recruiting.  I noticed it last year and didn't feel like starting over but some users kept the existing coach and their recruiting pitch for Coach Experience and Coach Prestige was obviously much higher than those of us that created new Coaches and had Exp and Prestige of D+.

This year we will all be creating a coach.  You can still create the existing coach, for instance Buckeye can still create urban Meyer, but you'll have to go through the Create New Coach and call him Urban Meyer etc, this way everyone starts with the same Coach Prestige and Coach Experience.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:14 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
Animosity1oAK wrote:Just a quick suggestion, can we make it a rule that we have to create new coaches when we start the dynasty. Due to the new coach skill trees, I feel like if we chose existing coaches, the skill trees would provide unfair recruiting due to the fact that this year its a little bit more difficult in the years past. Just a suggestion to level the playing field. Thanks.

Absolutely.  Believe it or not I was actually going to make that mandatory this year because of the recruiting.  I noticed it last year and didn't feel like starting over but some users kept the existing coach and their recruiting pitch for Coach Experience and Coach Prestige was obviously much higher than those of us that created new Coaches and had Exp and Prestige of D+.

This year we will all be creating a coach.  You can still create the existing coach, for instance Buckeye can still create urban Meyer, but you'll have to go through the Create New Coach and call him Urban Meyer etc, this way everyone starts with the same Coach Prestige and Coach Experience.

Sounds good. I'm on board with this.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 am
Steel Pitt wrote:

If you guys have learned anything about me so far, you damn well know my coach is and always be Jim Tressel....lol  

(not that I am not grateful for Mr. Meyer and his unblemished all time record at our fine university thus far)
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:02 pm
FYI, just to confirm we will use the Coaching Contracts feature this year.  I think it turned out to be a mute point as I don't think you can turn it off, lol.  But just looking at the different options and features related to the Coaching Contracts it does seem like it will add another interesting element to the Dynasty.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:12 pm
How about we create our own coach, but it has to be a real coach?Just to keep the consistency.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:20 pm
Ken wrote:How about we create our own coach, but it has to be a real coach?Just to keep the consistency.

We can see what the group wants but I like the idea of giving the user the ability to put themselves in the game as the coach.  If you want to use the existing coach that's fine too, but everyone will at least have to go through the create a coach option to do so.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum