American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Where did you buy the game this year?

0 - 0%
1 - 17%
1 - 17%
1 - 17%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
3 - 49%

Total Votes: 6

the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Release Day Empty Release Day

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:41 pm
With release day upon us, what are the first things you do? What are you early impressions?

Also, the marketer in me is curious, where did you choose to buy your game this year? Any deals?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Release Day Empty Re: Release Day

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:44 pm
I opted for a regional chain this year since Amazon didn't drop the price early. Here in the midwest we have these crappy used game stores called Gamers. I try to support the little guy, but they're steep on used prices.

With the game I've been trophy whoring. Knocking out Road to Glory (so cool to download Teambuilder schools of my district competition). I also make a custom playbook once I've played with a few spread teams. Pistol - Flexbone FTW
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:15 pm
Digital for me this year. 

I started a RTG with the season ticket and will probably continue that until the OD starts. It's been quite addicting. With the ability to adjust qtr length I had a renewed interest in this mode. IM having a tough time at MLB tho.

Last edited by truth_n_babylon on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:17 pm
I'm a creature of habit so I don't really do the bargain/deal hunting thing.  I go to where is familiar (my wife hates the way I shop, lol).  I always get my games from my local Gamestop.

As for the first thing I do, I pop the game in, adjust the settings right away and auto-name the rosters until the named roster file comes out.  I don't usually play full games to start because there are so many teams that I want to try, so many playbooks that I want to see, etc so I just keep picking different teams and playing for a series or two and then trying a new set of teams.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm
Love it so far. Played my first game with Ole Miss vs South Carolina on Heisman very competitive game won 28-23 very tough but looks like a competition/
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:04 am
Alright, I was a 3 star recruit in week 8 with modest stats. Only one big game but nothing spectacular.I get an offer from Cincinnati and I decide to go ahead and Sim until signing day. I get on campus and all of a sudden I have a 94 sparq rating and a 86 ovr as a freshman! That killed my interest in RTG last night. Maybe the Sim logic is messed up. Anyway I'm ready for dynasty now.

Anyone played with sliders yet?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 am
truth_n_babylon wrote:

Anyone played with sliders yet?

Nah, I've only messed around with a couple series to go along with those 2 user games I played last night.  I haven't played enough to begin thinking about what needs adjusting yet.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 am
Anyone know the specifics (size the .jpeg file, etc) around printing my own alternate cover?  

No way Im looking at that stupid cover all year...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 am
BK_Buckeye wrote:Anyone know the specifics (size the .jpeg file, etc) around printing my own alternate cover?  

No way Im looking at that stupid cover all year...

not sure about that but the question is who will be on your custom cover?  someone new school like Braxton Miller or an old-school shot of say Eddie George?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 am
Has anyone else felt the sound/atmosphere is down this year, even moreso than in years past.  I played two games yesterday (a 2OT thriller vs Truth and a 3 point nailbiter vs EDJ) in which I don't remember there being any crowd noise or sense of atmosphere at all.  Also, when the teams went into the huddle and the play-calling screens were up it was complete silence (and I have adjusted the sound settings to 100).

Was it just because this was an online game?  Is crowd presense more noticeable in games vs the CPu or in Dynasty games?
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:56 am
Steel Pitt wrote:Has anyone else felt the sound/atmosphere is down this year, even moreso than in years past.  I played two games yesterday (a 2OT thriller vs Truth and a 3 point nailbiter vs EDJ) in which I don't remember there being any crowd noise or sense of atmosphere at all.  Also, when the teams went into the huddle and the play-calling screens were up it was complete silence (and I have adjusted the sound settings to 100).

Was it just because this was an online game?  Is crowd presense more noticeable in games vs the CPu or in Dynasty games?

This is very disapointing to hear...  one of my biggest gripes with this game is the lack of in game stadium atmosphere...   I understand gameplay is more important, but to completely ignore it every year rather annoying...  

I usually turn the announcers way down and turn the stadium sounds all the way up, but from above it sounds like it got worse this year... the noise from the crowd should be noticeable, especially late in games or when the opposing team is trying to run the no huddle...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:16 am
BK_Buckeye wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:Has anyone else felt the sound/atmosphere is down this year, even moreso than in years past.  I played two games yesterday (a 2OT thriller vs Truth and a 3 point nailbiter vs EDJ) in which I don't remember there being any crowd noise or sense of atmosphere at all.  Also, when the teams went into the huddle and the play-calling screens were up it was complete silence (and I have adjusted the sound settings to 100).

This is very disapointing to hear...  one of my biggest gripes with this game is the lack of in game stadium atmosphere...   I understand gameplay is more important, but to completely ignore it every year rather annoying...  

I usually turn the announcers way down and turn the stadium sounds all the way up, but from above it sounds like it got worse this year... the noise from the crowd should be noticeable, especially late in games or when the opposing team is trying to run the no huddle...

I tried paying attention to it a little more last night and the crowd presence felt a little more noticeable last night playing at Georgia Tech and at Northwestern.  There is still room for improvement but I did notice the crowd getting into the Northwestern/Illinois game last night. 

The other night I played at Cincinnati and at Arizona and it sounded bleak.  It was even more noticeable when in the huddle during the play calling screen appeared and the crowd was literally silent, lol.  I guess I was just surprised because that as well as the fact that each game was highly contested.

Maybe it gets better in Dynasty mode.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:34 am
Steel Pitt wrote:
BK_Buckeye wrote:

I tried paying attention to it a little more last night and the crowd presence felt a little more noticeable last night playing at Georgia Tech and at Northwestern.  There is still room for improvement but I did notice the crowd getting into the Northwestern/Illinois game last night. 

The other night I played at Cincinnati and at Arizona and it sounded bleak.  It was even more noticeable when in the huddle during the play calling screen appeared and the crowd was literally silent, lol.  I guess I was just surprised because that as well as the fact that each game was highly contested.

Maybe it gets better in Dynasty mode.

Well the crowd noise and presence has been more noticeable the last two nights.  It must have been a bit of an over-reaction the first night to the dead silence during the play calling at that point in my games.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum