American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA 14 Team Choice

+5
illmatic717
truth_n_babylon
Animosity1oAK
BK_Buckeye
Steel Pitt
9 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

NCAA 14 Team Choice Empty NCAA 14 Team Choice

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:44 pm
With NCAA14 around the corner, I've started thinking about what team I may run with in this year's Dynasty.  How mad would BK Buckeye be if I told him my daughter was transferring to Ohio State and I was going to use them this year because of that, lol.  Don't worry BK, I'm not using the Buckeyes. 

I used Syracuse in NCAA11 and 12 but got bored with the Big East schedule so I chose UVA last year and played in the ACC.  I was thinking about going back to Syracuse this season but low and behold they are now in the ACC and I don't feel like playing that schedule another year.  With that said the teams on my early list of choices are:

Iowa - I love like the stadium and love the uni's (for obvious reasons).  Playing the Big Ten schedule would be new/fresh and challenging.  If Animosity, Buckeye and/or EDJ return for another season then I'd have three potential conference user opponents and Iowa/Nebraska would be an end of season User Rivalry game (ala Oregon/Oregon State or USC/Notre Dame last year).  Also, they kind of fit the mold of teams I like to play with and try to build as they are a middle of the road team in a Major conference (ala Syracuse and UVA).

Miss State - Similar to Iowa above I like their stadium and uni's.  I like that they have a real rivalry game at the end of the year although it would be a CPU game (unless Xpage returned to use his Ole Miss Rebels).  Playing in the SEC would obviously be a challenge, especially since Miss St is in the SEC West.  But the downside is that last year we ended the season with no SEC teams so there is the potential that I'd be the only user in the conference which isn't as fun.  And like I mentioned above they are a middle of the road team from a major conference so they would be fun to build through recruiting.

TCU - Another team that fits the mold eye pleasing stadium, eye pleasing uniforms (lots of options) and in a major conference.  Being able to recruit in Texas would also be nice.  They have a good roster, in particular a good a QB.  Again the big downside would be potentially playing in the conference alone with no other users.

Arizona - See above (uni, stadium, conference, etc).  They also have one of the best RB in the country so that would be nice to play with him in season 1.  Considering there were 3 PAC12 users last year there is the potential that I'd have another user in conference if I used Arizona. 

Syracuse - I do love my Orange, but playing the ACC Schedule again makes me not want to choose them.

That's my short list for now but its still early.

What about everyone else?  I know guys like Capeman, Buckeye and EDJ will probably resume play with their favorite teams if they return (FSU, OSU and Nebraska respectively).  Anybody else thinking about playing in the AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty and if so, what team are you thinking about using?
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

NCAA 14 Team Choice Empty Re: NCAA 14 Team Choice

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:37 pm
Although I would fully support and encourage your daughter to consider pursuing her degree at my alma mater, I would hate to have to retire from the dyansty if you took my team!

Haven't tried the demo yet, but I like what I'm hearing.. Looking forward to our dyansty this season...
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:25 pm
For now I am thinking about Illinois (again), Virginia Tech, and possibly UCLA.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:15 pm
These are the teams on my radar:

UCLA - I just enjoy watching them play.

Wake Forest - just for the challenge and I've never used them

Cincinnati- because they're my team

LSU or Vanderbilt - if I decide to go the SEC route
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:23 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:These are the teams on my radar:

UCLA - I just enjoy watching them play.

Wake Forest - just for the challenge and I've never used them

Cincinnati- because they're my team

LSU or Vanderbilt - if I decide to go the SEC route

Nice, that will influence my choice as I'd like to be in a conference with at least one other user.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 pm
Steel pitt, it has been awhile since I've journeyed through AALOA but I would like to join the NCAA franchise for '14 if there is a position open. Let me know if there is. I have not played NCAA in about 5 years but this year I am gonna give it a shot since I have money for the first time ever.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:09 am
illmatic216 wrote:Steel pitt, it has been awhile since I've journeyed through AALOA but I would like to join the NCAA franchise for '14 if there is a position open. Let me know if there is. I have not played NCAA in about 5 years but this year I am gonna give it a shot since I have money for the first time ever.

Wassup man, sounds good.  I'll create a thread once the game is released to see who's interested in joining.  The guys that were in last year's Dynasty will get first dibs if they're interested in re-joining.  Also, Nick already reached out to me to see if there is any room.  I'll create a wait list when I create the interest thread.

While we're on the subject of the thread though, what team(s) are thinking of using?
illmatic717
illmatic717
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:48 pm
Sounds good my man. My first choice is PSU but if I remember right, someone was already using them. After that, I am not sure. I'll probably just pick a random team since I don't really follow college ball too much.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:35 am
Either USC or my home town team Florida. But I did like the rivalries we had in the PAC in 13.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:25 pm
Zach561 wrote:Either USC or my home town team Florida. But I did like the rivalries we had in the PAC in 13.

Sounds good man, I think NCAA14 Dynasty could be very competitive.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:22 pm
I think I will be going with Illinois after all.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:56 am
Animosity1oAK wrote:I think I will be going with Illinois after all.

Nice.  I think I'm leaning towards the Iowa Hawkeyes at the moment (nice uni's, nice stadium, major conference and nice middle of the road re-building project).  The fact that users in Ohio State and Illinois will be in conference is a nice bonus too.  Now if EDJ returns with his Cornhuskers and I get an end of the year user rivalry game, that might be teh clincher for me to use Iowa. Smile
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:30 am
Im going with my Irish, and im hoping the first season goes by pretty quickly so I can get Tommy Turnover out of there...lol
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:52 pm
Pitt if you don the Black and Gold of the Meth-eyes, pen me in for the Huskers. Would love to have that rivalry versus you each year!
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:37 pm
I may also b interested in being put on wait list if possible. I am thinking of taking my talents to NCAA lol
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:17 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Pitt if you don the Black and Gold of the Meth-eyes, pen me in for the Huskers. Would love to have that rivalry versus you each year!

Done
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:17 pm
mission8 wrote:I may also b interested in being put on wait list if possible. I am thinking of taking my talents to NCAA lol

I'll put you on the waitlist Mission.  However, judging from the other thread it sounds more like your interested in something to scratch that football itch until the new madden comes out.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:46 am
Alright I've made my decision. Not a team on my original list but one of my favorite teams to watch.

The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:44 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:Alright I've made my decision. Not a team on my original list but one of my favorite teams to watch.

The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Nice.  Now the big question is whether you will retain the triple option offense or scrap it for a more modern version of the spread option (or something else).
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:56 am
Think of it as an "option multiple" offense.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:55 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:Think of it as an "option multiple" offense.

Nice ... feel like a Georgia/Georgia Tech matchup one of these days while we wait for the season to start?
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 pm
Sure. Will probably be around on Sunday to play one
Sponsored content