American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSL Opening Kickoff!

+5
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
PhinsUp
Bpage93
PRE_-CISION-_
illmatic717
9 posters
Go down
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

GSL Opening Kickoff! Empty GSL Opening Kickoff!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 am
Update: Because I overlooked the fact that the CPU teams will make signings and cuts, I am extending Pre-season Week 1 for Free Agency. Once free agency is done, we can advance and allow any CPU teams to pick up the FAs we did not draft. Tonight and tomorrow I will text all those who have not joined on the PS3. They will be booted and replaced if they do not respond. Here we go! bounce

Gentlemen, the time has come Rock Out . 2.5 weeks ago we all picked up our bundle of joy (unless you are Hippo and trusted Amazon with a speedy delivery) and through a roster update this morning, we have watched it bloom into it's full potential. The cleats are tied and the mouth guards are in place. GSL '13 is now officially underway cheers

We enter this glorious year of Madden with a lot of "new"... New faces in the community, and a brand new Connected Careers. The last few weeks have featured countless community scrimmages and battles, waging war against fellow brothers in hopes of mastering our rosters and fine-tuning our gameplans and schemes. Alas, we've come to the point of the actual season, where tests of courage will be tried over and over again on the gridiron. Battles will be fought between the lines, and through skirmish and struggle, a champion shall be crowned. Dance

GSL opens with some familiar AALoA faces joining the ranks. GoingCommandoAZ has left his Minnesota squad in hopes of turning around a Buffalo franchise. King_Hippo72 has also switched conferences, proving he truly does "play for both teams" Hmmm taking over as the Bengals head coach in hopes of providing proof of ginger Andy Dalton's soul. YTballa joins as the Seahawks and will have a tough decision at QB. Overpaid Flynn or young-gun Wilson?. In case YTballa goes on another 20+ game win streak, his kryptonite, SquirrelHunter will be waiting in the wings as he will be striving for acceptance into the elite quarterback club in his own right by managing #2 overall pick Robert Griffin III. PhilliesSteve, who was denied the AALoA 49ers coaching position, is back as the San Fran owner. Shooter419 will take over the Panthers and Scam Newton, and co-commish DemonX5136 will try to stake claim to the NFC North as the Vikings. Posky gets to coach his Lions, trading CJ2K for Megatron, and will try to improve on his defense that allowed 400 points a game in AALoA last season.

Ando also returns after a year away as the Jets. There is no current word on a possible foot fetish. Fresh faces enter the league, eager to show the Madden world what skills they bring to the gridiron. Talk_of_NY will have to go to sleep at night knowing that Tony Romo will be his quarterback. He has not confirmed whether he will be the field goal team's placeholder for important games. Joker-hfx-81 will manage his beloved Dolphins and return them from glory, barring any Hard Knocks distractions. Over time, he hopes Ryan Tennehill will learn which teams are in his division. xHavoc83x, armed with a badass HDPVR, takes the challenge of morphing Oakland from annual facepalm to their once prestigious silver-and-black. Havoc has promises that with a return to greatness, the jerhi curl trend will follow. Crakajak24 will stick his neck out there and take over a new-look Broncos squad. TheKing1 looks to turn Chris Johnson back into CJ2K instead of CJ2.5YPC. Perhaps the most fitting username in the league, xxMiraclesxx takes over in Cleveland with a 68 year old rookie QB.... Many other new owners join as well, but the lure of the opening ceremony kickoff has been long waited... Some info you need to know:

Rules

Be very familiar with the rules. It is a good idea to have a Rules tab open on your laptop while playing league games in case reference is needed. Be respectful and have fun. Communicate with your opponent if there is an issue with gameplay. Speak with me if there are problems.

Scouting Reports

After reading EDJ's AALoA write-up, I am going to follow suit and make scouting reports MANDATORY for the first 2 weeks of the season. After a tough loss, it might be best to take a few hours and return later to do a scouting report once emotions are back to normal. But it is very helpful to everyone to write a small scouting report for your opponent since we do not have the advantages of real life scouting. For those unsure as to how their scouting report should look, please refer to the home page archives (towards the bottom) and look at last year's AALoA scouting reports.

Write-Ups

These are not mandatory, but much appreciated by everyone and make the league a lot more fun. Do a fake interview once in awhile, have fun with a gimmick, just have a good time with it. With 3 games/week it's not reasonable to expect one every week, but there will be a Weekly Recap topic every week to post screenshots, saved highlights, and recaps of the games. Trust me, as the season progresses and the dog days of Madden get near, the recaps and discussions/debates that follow go a long way to keeping things fresh and fun for everyone. If you have the time, go at it. Double-Fisting

Pre-Season

Practices and player cuts are NOT mandatory, BUT here are things you need to know: You will gain little-to-zero XP if you don't play practices. The CPU will sim your player cuts (EDJ had the Bears cut Johnny Knox in his preseason simulation Hmmm ). So, obviously it would be wise for everyone to take 5 minutes and do their player cuts.

Schedule: (I work 3rd shift so advances will usually be in the mornings after work)

Friday-Sunday morning: Preseason Week 1 is open.
Sunday-Tuesday morning: Preseason Week 2
Tuesday-wednesday Morning: Preseason Week 3
Wednesday-Thursday: Preseason Week 4.

*Note: Pre-existing injuries are OFF. Players may get injured in preseason games. Again, make your own cuts if you don't want to risk someone you value being axed Sad

Again I want to stress... DO NOT ADD ANY FREE AGENTS.

Which brings me to...

Free Agency

In a post I will make directly after this one, I will address free agency. Check it out.

Finally, How to Join on PS3

Go to start a new career and search for an online league. It might be easiest to just search by commissioner name "illmatic216." It would also be a good idea to send me a Friend Request. The league name is Gridiron Sim League and the password is "ballhawk"

Also, join as a COACH. Create yourself or a fake person. Do not use a legend or existing coach.

As always, if there is something you want to know, just ask.

Last edited by illmatic216 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

GSL Opening Kickoff! Empty Re: GSL Opening Kickoff!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 am
cheers LETS DO THIS!
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 241
Swagger : 3
LocationPennslyvania
Fave NFL Team : St Louis Rams
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Lions

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:42 pm
I'm in! I just hope my coach dosnt get a lot of photo shoots for his sake
Bpage93
Bpage93
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 53
Swagger : 0
LocationBethpage
Fave NFL Team : Patriots
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:27 pm
Yay finally !
PhinsUp
PhinsUp
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 6
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:50 pm
stoked!! lego!
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Madden 11, 25 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 320
Swagger : 4
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Denver Broncos
Fave NCAA Team : UNT Mean Green

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:51 pm
If you do pre-existing injuries OFF, any time someone leaves the league, it resets all injuries. There are also other settings it glitches if you have it off.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:06 am
Peyton's Adamantium Neck wrote:If you do pre-existing injuries OFF, any time someone leaves the league, it resets all injuries. There are also other settings it glitches if you have it off.
This will likely force us to reset the league & turn pre-existing injuries on. Only after we find some evidence which we are currently looking up online. Thank you Ando for discovering the issue.
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Yards : 320
Swagger : 4
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Denver Broncos
Fave NCAA Team : UNT Mean Green

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:49 am
Well I read about it on OperationSports, there are a lot of threads about it.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:11 pm
Because of an EA glitch with pre-existing injuries, I had to create a new league earlier today with pre-existing injuries ON. If you had joined previously, check your invites for a new one. If you don't have an invite, you can search by my username and find it. Password is ballhawk.

If you don't have me on PSN, please add me.
Mr_Mojo_Risin84
Mr_Mojo_Risin84
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 35
Swagger : 1
LocationBuffalo, New York

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Falcons owner/coach checking in, looking forward to this league!
Flaharty
Flaharty
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 102
Swagger : 1
LocationLivonia, MI
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:31 pm
Yeah same here man, so pumped!
Joker-HFX-81
Joker-HFX-81
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 59
LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:33 pm
Just wondering what the rules are when your opponent can not be reached? I have posted in the Scheduling thread and texted the number listed in Contact numbers. I really don't want to miss out on a game if possible.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:59 pm
Joker-HFX-81 wrote:Just wondering what the rules are when your opponent can not be reached? I have posted in the Scheduling thread and texted the number listed in Contact numbers. I really don't want to miss out on a game if possible.

Of course. I will check your opponent and see what the deal is. As for pre-season, I am going to try and allow everyone to play their games if they want to. But part of pre season is weeding out the cheesy or inactive guys, which I have been doing. Had to boot some guys yesterday and found some replacements, but not all of them just yet.

For regular season, everyone will be awarded games vs the CPU if their opponent doesn't respond. If it continues, they will be booted. For pre-season, just hold tight for the time being. I didn't think about the CPU teams making moves, so I am extending Week 1 another day so we can do our Free Agency and sign guys so the CPU doesnt scoop them all up. 2 things will happen if your opponent isnt responding to messages or texts. 1) Temp booted and allowed to rejoin after the game or 2) booted and replaced.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:38 pm
Update added to top of original post Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum