American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

(PS4) Fallout 4 Empty (PS4) Fallout 4

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:25 am
I know some of you have Fallout 4 so I was looking to get some user feedback.  I read a little bit about it and that its a third person (or first person view) open world game based in a post apocalyptic future in the Boston area. 

If you had to compare it to another game, what would it be similar to?  Is it an open world game like GTA and inFamous just with a theme closer to The Last of Us?  I don't really have a lot of time, so I'm not sure why I'm even asking (lol) but my ears perk up when I hear third person open world RPG.

Is it worth the purchase or should I just keep with Madden and attempt to finally finish inFamous until Uncharted 4 comes out in March?

Any insights on the game, descriptions, likes and dislikes, etc are much appreciated.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

(PS4) Fallout 4 Empty Re: (PS4) Fallout 4

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:06 am
King_Hippo72 has nearly fallen off the face of the earth due to Fallout, as well as my brother-in-law, and a coworker who wears Pip-boy socks to work now (Fallout "character"). My co-workers first run-through was 70+ hours of gametime.

They'll tell you it's great. If you're not a completionist, you'll find as much to do as you have time for, and then some. Similar to GTA. Completionists will have to play several different times to side with different factions.
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 663
Swagger : 11
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:13 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:I know some of you have Fallout 4 so I was looking to get some user feedback.  I read a little bit about it and that its a third person (or first person view) open world game based in a post apocalyptic future in the Boston area. 

If you had to compare it to another game, what would it be similar to?  Is it an open world game like GTA and inFamous just with a theme closer to The Last of Us?  I don't really have a lot of time, so I'm not sure why I'm even asking (lol) but my ears perk up when I hear third person open world RPG.

Is it worth the purchase or should I just keep with Madden and attempt to finally finish inFamous until Uncharted 4 comes out in March?

Any insights on the game, descriptions, likes and dislikes, etc are much appreciated.

As much as I love the Fallout series, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have alot of time to put into it, 100 plus hours is nothing in a game of this magnitude. Closest comparison would be GTA, but there is really nothing that is really like Fallout unless, you played the original Bioshock. You can build a town from the ground up, kill whomever you'd like, or follow story, whatever you want to do.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:57 pm
Thanks.  Sounds interesting but I may have to pass for now as I don't have the time to dedicate to the game as it appears you need (especially if I want to get back into this playoff race, lol).

I guess I'll stick to Madden for now and maybe get back to finishing infamous before Uncharted comes out in the Spring.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum