American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

What version of Madden are you picking up?

1 - 20%
2 - 40%
0 - 0%
2 - 40%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 5

the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Midnight Release and Purchase Options Empty Midnight Release and Purchase Options

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:35 pm
Who is staying up all night to get their first chance at Madden?

If you buy the digital version of Madden, Sony unlocks the game at 12:00 am EST. So anyone west of the Eastern Time Zone can play the game an hour or three early.

Those going physical will have to wait for the clock to actually strike midnight.

If you plan on being around, let me know and we can schedule a game. But first things first, I must destroy the CPU Packers in my first game. Fuck those guys.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Midnight Release and Purchase Options Empty Re: Midnight Release and Purchase Options

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:33 am
I'll probably buy the digital version tonight and download at midnight.  However, after spending all weekend driving and working on virtually zero sleep in the office today ... I'm not sure how long I'll be up, lol.  If I'm still up and see ya, I'll hit you up for a game.  That goes for all.  If you see me on, feel free to hit me up for a game.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Midnight Release and Purchase Options Empty Re: Midnight Release and Purchase Options

Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:41 pm
Has anyone purchased the digital download instead of the physical disc in the past (in particular for PS4) for Madden?  If so, are there any negatives to speak of?  Are there any issues you'll find with the downloaded version that you don't with the physical copy?

I've downloaded games before for both PS3 and PS4 with no issues but never Madden.  Anything clunky to worry about with Madden?

Also, how long did it take to download in the past (in particular for the PS4)?  I'm just thinking if its going to take like 5 hours then I might as well just wait until Gamestop opens at 10am and get the disc then.

Any thoughts?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:32 pm
No issues digitally. Time is relative to your Internet speeds. But if you buy from a Web browser, you can tell it to start downloading straight to you PS4 from work, or wherever right on the psn website.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:46 pm
Also, a bit time restricted, but if you pre-ordered from GameStop, check their release schedule. Both Commando and I have an early release time to coincide with the EST midnight release. I go in at 8 pm to get a ticket stub to get in line, then they let me pick up at 11 pm without having to get there early and wait in line.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:01 pm
I have work tomorrow, but my brother is going to pick it up for me while I'm at work.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:56 am
I'll be around throughout the day so hit me up if you want to ball today.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum