American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 5: Week 2 Open Empty Season 5: Week 2 Open

Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:55 pm
Season 5: Week 2

What an opening week for many of you. Wins all around for CPU games. Lions and Colts CPU games were simmed after 72 hours. Happy St Patty's day weekend. By the time you read this, you'll probably be hungover.

Spring Training is in full swing in baseball. Will Ferrell's publicity stunt of playing every fielding position and DH in one day is reported to help raise over $1 million in cancer research funds. Good deal. Also hilarious that he was traded for a churro dog. Although many old fogeys were upset/disgraced on the idea of what this does to baseball, only one active player really seemed upset by it.

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Packers vs BearsFalcons vs Lions
Giants vs Colts
Jaguars vs Bengals
Vikings vs Rams
49ers vs Cardinals
Dolphins vs Bills
Seahawks vs Chargers
Eagles vs Panthers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Game of the Week
   VS      
Once again, the only user game involves the Bears. This time the 1-0 Packers come to the lakefront, and the early hold on the NFC North is on the line. A year ago, the Packers finally captured an NFC North title, only to fall to the future Super Bowl Champs.  Like a true Packers GM, Plusch builds his team via the draft, and hardly sniffs at free agency. Rodgers vs Jeter. Lacy vs Lofton. Nelson vs Jeffery. Cobb vs Patterson. Such a scary collection of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, even with Nelson's depleted speed. The Packers are missing Clay Mathews whereas the Bears are completely healthy.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Season 5: Week 2 Open Empty Re: Season 5: Week 2 Open

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:33 pm
It's Selection Sunday! It's been a while (2012) since I've done this for the league, but I figured I'd set up a bracket for the AALoA to do, whether in Madden, NCAA, Destiny, etc. this is purely optional, and just for fun. 

Sign-up or log-in via CBSSports.com.
Password: AALoA

Someone named "Derek Voss" won in 2012. Not 100% sure who that is, but I've got a strong inkling that it was SwitchBladeKilla, a former Broncos user who was friends/neighbors with YTBalla.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:05 pm
For a recap of how the Bears/Packers game ended up, I refer you to this chorus:

Both teams played an arguably perfect game. There were zero turnovers on the day. While there easily could've been in instances, both teams rose to the occasion several times when needed. This is a game that should've likely should've gone to overtime with how even everything was.

Bears Passing Yards: 327
Packs Passing Yards: 302

Bears Rushing Yards: 90
Packs Rushing Yards: 85

Where the Bears got lucky was holding a much higher time of possession by nearly 7 minutes over the Packers.  Both run games were completely stifled, outside of a monster 75 yard romp by Lacy, and a 46 yard burst by 3rd stringer Demps of Chicago.

Through the air, Green Bay's combo of Nelson and Cobb was un-coverable it seemed.  Chicago had to use every weapon possible to keep the Packers secondary on their toes, and 4 different receivers in blue and orange caught at least 4 passes and posted over 50 yards receiving on the day.

The only real fluke on the day was a phantom Pass Interference call made against Chicago inside the 5 yard line. Aaron Rodgers got destroyed behind the Line of Scrimmage and the ball fluttered  harmlessly to the ground. Somehow a ref threw a flag for interference in the end zone. Other than that, even with the occasional lag spikes, this was our best game yet.

From the 12 yard line or so at the 2 minute warning, I bought some time to find Matt Forte in the back of the end zone. Here's how the final 2 minutes went down and left me sh-sh-shaking.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:35 am
Damn good game E and Plusch.

Well, the Jaguars get a 2nd win to start the season 2-0 overcoming the Bengals 20-10 in Cincy. Nothing spectacular from the game. Just a nice little W to show how Peyton and company have turned the team around after going 3-13 a season ago. Two more wins for their best record in all of Madden 15.
Oh my god, how much it hurt to say that...
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 am
Chargers improve to 2-0 with a 27-21 win over the Legion of Boom in OT. The Cardinals are next up.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:26 pm
Just saw the Bills had 2 passing attempts in their win... Is that even legal? Lol.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:13 pm
I got housed against the Rams.  CPU could do no wrong, like usual for me. I had 3 or 4 fumbled I knocked free, they recovered all of them, their DB's had sticky hands, their O-line created the Grand Canyon and I felt like a JV team.  I'm ready for Madden 16....
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:46 pm
Well, I was behind the whole game until the 4th, and I wasn't about to mess it up with an interception, so I ran to milk the clock (chewing time with 5 minutes left). My O-line is built for the running game, my QB is 69 overall mobile QB, and my HB was on fire that day, so running the ball was the way the game script went. I'm doing my best to use whatever offensive weapons I have, but confidence really destroyed my QBs accuracy, so I'm making do with what I can. If that's not legal, then it was an honest mistake and I'll attempt more passes next time.

This precedent was set by Tim Tebow when he was made 11 pass attempts with the Broncos: 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rex Ryan also did it against the Dolphins at home last season, Geno Smith had 13 passes, albeit both weren't as low as 2 attempts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:39 pm