American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2014 NFL Draft Empty 2014 NFL Draft

Thu May 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Like your team's pick? Hate it? Thoughts on coverage? I abstained from ESPN this year. NFL Network is great, but the Manziel-fest is getting on my nerves. I still figure it's even worse on ESPN.

1TexansOLB/DEJadeveon ClowneySouth Carolina
2RamsOTGreg RobinsonAuburn
3JaguarsQBBlake BortlesCentral Florida
4BillsWRSammy WatkinsClemsonpick obtained from Browns
5RaidersDE/OLBKahlil MackBuffalo
6FalconsOTJake MathewsTexas A&M
7BuccaneersWRMike EvansTexas A&M
8BrownsCBJustin GilbertOklahoma Statepick swapped with Vikings
9VikingsDE/OLBAnthony BarrUCLApick swapped with Browns
10LionsTEEric EbronNorth Carolina
11TitansOTTaylor LewanMichigan
12GiantsWROdell Beckham JrLSU
13RamsDTAaron DonaldPittsburghpick from Washington/RGIII draft 2 years ago
14BearsCBKyle FullerVirginia Tech
15SteelersLBRyan ShazierOhio State
16CowboysOGZach MartinNotre Dame
17RavensMLBC.J. MoselyAlabama
18JetsSCalvin PryorLouisville
19DolphinsOTJa'Wuan JamesTennessee
20SaintsWRBrandin CooksOregon Statepick obtained from Cardinals
21PackersSHa-Ha Clinton-DixAlabama
22BrownsQBJohnny ManzielTexas A&Mpick obtained from Eagles
23ChiefsDE/OLBDee FordAuburn
24BengalsCBDarqueze DennardMichigan State
25ChargersCBJason VerrettTCU
26EaglesOLB/DEMarcus SmithLouisvillefrom Browns from Colts/T Richardson trade
27CardinalsSDeone BucannonWashington Stpicked obtained from Saints
28PanthersWRKelvin BenjaminFlorida State
29PatriotsDT/DEDominique EasleyFlorida
3049ersSJimmie WardNorthern Illinois
31BroncosCBBradley RobyOhio State
32VikingsQBTeddy BridgewaterLouisvillepick obtained from Seahawks

How crazy is it that the Vikings are so incredibly shrewd in screwing out the Browns of a late pick to move 1 pick down, and then blow all that goodwill with Anthony Barr as their selection? I just don't see the fit for them. Then to follow it up and nab Bridgewater with a last second trade to end the night.

As a Bears fan, I wanted DT Aaron Donald so bad, but am ok with the selection of Kyle Fuller. He will prove to be a huge addition once Peanut ultimately retires. Just sad that Jimmie Ward and Deone Bucannon were drafted so high. I figured the Bears could get them in round 2.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

2014 NFL Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Fri May 09, 2014 11:27 pm
I don't expect you to like the Vikings picks, I hate the Fuller pick because he's good but since he's a Bear now, he's gonna suck.  Laughing 

I can't say I wasn't a little pissed we passed up on Manziel, but I like Bridgewater too and he'll probably fit in the Nov Turner offense better anyways.  I think Barr was selected for pure versatility and raw athleticism.  He ran a 4.41 40 and I read he had faster shuttle and cone drill times than all of the CB's in this year's draft.  We'll have to see what our D shapes up to be I guess.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Fri May 09, 2014 11:46 pm
This is sort of out there but I predict Bridgey wins ORoTY and The Barr Exam gets DPoTY.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Sat May 10, 2014 11:24 am
I have to say, I agree with everything Ken said.  cheers
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sat May 10, 2014 5:41 pm
I'm excited. The Bears draft hasn't necessarily been sexy, but it's been mighty productive. I've considered all but one of their picks to be a wash or improvement over the player they were drafted to replace. The only player that's not an improvement is at QB where David Fales replaces Josh McCown, and that's an unfair comparison. They have one more pick that doesn't really matter at this point.

Expanding to free agency, one move was a huge upgrade, two moves were improvements, two moves were a wash, and only one move was a downgrade.  At OLB where we lost James Anderson and didn't add anyone, but moved DE McClellin to LB.

For opponents, the Buccaneers just became ridiculously scary on offense and already have a young, ferocious defense. Josh McCown has the giants Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans on the outside, and picked up TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins to throw down the seem. Then RB Charles Sims paired with Doug Martin in the backfield is top notch.

The Bills offense is a fantasy football track team dream. EJ Manuel, CJ Spiller, Marquise Goodwin, and Sammy Watkins on offense, with 3 offensive line picks as well. Add possession WRs Mike Williams, Robert Woods, and Scott Graham at TE to the mix. A lot rests on the defense to produce now.

The Lions are still the Lions.  Hmmm  Needing secondary help, they waited until Round 4 to draft a no-name rated much lower than people still available. TE was a luxury pick and doesn't make sense compared to team needs. The offense was already great. 

I like almost all of Jacksonville's picks. They have a long way to go, but the new management made impressive moves.

If the Rams weren't in the NFC West, I think they'd be a shoe-in for the playoffs. Crazy young talent everywhere. It all hinges on Bradford at QB now.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum