American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 3 - Week 1 Open

+5
MeanMrMustard
Animosity1oAK
dre1479
MoneyNades
Steel Pitt
9 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Season 3 - Week 1 Open Empty Season 3 - Week 1 Open

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:09 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Week 1 is now open.  Due to the holiday I will advance the week on Tuesday (12/3).

Last edited by Steel Pitt on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Season 3 - Week 1 Open Empty Re: Season 3 - Week 1 Open

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:09 pm
AALoA NCAA14 Season 3 Preview
2015 Season

Through two seasons of NCAA14 college football in the AALoA we have seen some great user games, remarkable rebuilding projects, outstanding individual performances and things should only get better.  While we said goodbye to Notre Dame and Penn State as user controlled teams we also sill see the return of AD Zach Davis as he returns to college football after a season off and has convinced Pete Carroll to return to the college ranks and his old stomping grounds.

With ten AALoA teams in year three of building their teams to fit their styles, what can we expect to see in 2015?

New Bullies On The Block

Season 3 - Week 1 Open Old-big-ten-logo

From 2006-2012 college football was ruled by the mighty SEC.  During that span a team from the SEC Conference won the BCS title each season and the conference was widely regarded as the nations best and elite.  However, have we seen a changing of the guard over the last two seasons?  Is the Big Ten the new bullies on the block?  The Big Ten Conference is the home of each of the last two BCS National Champions (2013-Nebraska, 2014-Iowa) and even boast a win over an SEC team (Alabama) in last year's title game.  In the last two years the Big Ten also placed two teams in the Top 3 of the final Coaches Poll (2013-#1 Nebraska & #3 Iowa, 2014-#1 Iowa & #2 Michigan State).  Iowa will be hard pressed to duplicate last year's efforts after losing RB Damon Bullock as well as their entire starting LB rotation.  Nebraska continues to fine tune and evolve offensively behind QB Tommy Armstrong.  Could this be the year Michigan State owns the Big Ten and possibly more?  The Spartans return their QB and a stout defense but who will replace HOF WR Keith Mumphery?

Not So Fast, My Friend

Season 3 - Week 1 Open Lee-corso1

The SEC teams, in particular Alabama and Missouri, channeled their inner Lee Corso with a hardy, "Not so fast my friend!".  The Crimson Tide and Tigers will be eager to prove that the best football is still played in the south and the dominant conference is still the SEC.  The Tide made it to the championship game last year and return starting QB Alec Morris, Heisman finalist RB TJ Yeldon (99OVR), RB Kenyon Drake a solid offensive line and an always stout defense.  Meanwhile, Missouri will have the services of 2014 AALoA User QB of the Year Maty Mauk as he and Dorian Green Beckham look to prove they are the best QB-WR combo in the country.  They'll have plenty of opportunities to prove themselves with out of conference such as Missouri-Iowa, Alabama-Nebraska and Missouri-Michigan State.

Other Contenders

Season 3 - Week 1 Open Contenders_250

The Ohio State Buckeyes once again find themselves near the top of the pre-season polls (currently #7) but they will face the big obstacle of replacing all-world QB Braxton Miller.  Also, will Coach Tressel return to the sidelines following his late season absence in time to get his team clicking?  And in La-La-Land the return of Coach Pete Carroll to go along with a plethora of talent has renewed the excitement in Southern California as USC looks to make a run for the title this year.

Not To Be Forgotten

Season 3 - Week 1 Open Billboard-44-640x307

Rounding out the AALoA lineup are three teams that have treaded water the first two seasons and are hoping that senior leadership and two seasons of bringing in their recruits gets them heading in the right direction as we enter the 2015 season.  The Fighting Illini were contenders for the Big Ten East Division in 2013 before falling back last season.  Redshirt Junior QB Wes Lunt (99OVR) will be running the show and big things will be expected of him and the #14 ranked recruiting class of Illinois.  Coach Jon Gruden found the college game a lot tougher than he expected and he and Coach truth of Georgia Tech have both found themselves on the coaching hot seat.  Can they turn it around before those pink slips start coming in?

Last edited by Steel Pitt on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:37 pm
Great write up pitt!
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:54 pm
Yeah Pitt, great job as usual.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 pm
The Fighting Illini are ready to step their game up. And good write up as always.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:44 am
Thanks fellas.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:09 am
Week 1 Schedule

#1 Alabama vs #20 Georgia
#4 Michigan State at UCLA
#5 Iowa vs #22 Missouri
#9 Nebraska at Georgia Tech
#15 USC at Illinois

Preseason Polls - Top 10

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Virginia Tech
4. Michigan State
5. Iowa
6. Texas
7. Ohio State
8. Louisville
9. Nebraska
10. Miami

Preseason First Team All-Americans (user teams only)

RB TJ Yeldon (Alabama)
WR Dorial Green Beckham (Missouri)
OG Tommy Brown (Nebraska)
OC Austin Blythe (Iowa)
DE David Busch (Nebraska)
DE Faith Ekakitie (Iowa)
DT Kevin Williams (Nebraska)
OLB Ed Davis (Michigan State)
OLB Quinton Powell (USC)
CB Geno Smith (Alabama)
CB Trae Waynes (Michigan State)
FS Anthony Gair (Iowa)
SS RJ Williamson (Michigan State)
K Mauro Bondi (Nebraska)
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:07 am
Steel Pitt wrote:#5 Iowa vs #22 Missouri
I'M RANKED.

*faints*

Great write-up as always man.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:14 pm
MIZZOU 2015 PREVIEW

OFFENSE

BACKFIELD
Reigning AALOA User QB of the Year Maty Mauk returns for another season, so expect Mizzou to put up huge numbers through the air again as he anchors Coach Mustard's hybrid pistol/spread attack.
Like in years past, Mauk has an impressive complement of backup QBs, including redshirt senior Corbin Berkstresser (88 OVR), and two redshirt sophomores Trent Hosick (83 OVR) and Eddie Printz (82 OVR).
However, Missouri enters the season with a huge question mark at running back, with untested senior HB Russell Hansbrough taking over for Henry Josey. He's backed up by a junior, Matt Steward, and redshirt freshman Damon Dowdell, a speedy youngster out of Waxahatchie who has impressed in camp.
Jonathan Pollock (50 OVR) remains the only fullback on the roster. Coach Mustard says he shows great heart in carrying water jugs on and off the field, but he still has a ways to go in mastering the complex task of folding laundry.

OFFENSIVE LINE
Senior C Evan Boehm returns as the anchor of a Missouri offensive line that is stacked with quality starters, but lacks for depth behind them. It's arguably Mauk's best offensive line in his 3 years here — as long as everyone stays healthy.

WIDE RECEIVERS
6'6 terror Dorial Green-Beckham returns as Mauk's No. 1 target, and as always he has a lot of depth behind him. Juniors J'Mon Moore and Levi Copelin will compete for the second receiver spot, with 5-star freshman Curtis Wall rounding out Missouri's top 4.
Junior TEs Jason Reese and Sean Culkin will also compete for Mauk's attention. Reese has earned the starting nod on the strength of his all-around skill set, but his battery mate Culkin (90 catch rtg) is one of the best receiving TEs in the country.

DEFENSE

DEFENSIVE LINE
Gone is LE Kony Ealy, who after going undrafted in the NFL draft has decided to open a hot dog stand, "Kony's Coneys." His replacement, Senior Shane Ray came into camp in the best shape of his career, and told reporters he has been itching for playing time.
Missouri's defensive line is sure to be one of the team's deepest units for years to come, with 5-star recruit Will Harris getting redshirted because there simply aren't enough snaps to go around.

LINEBACKERS
Junior MLB Michael Scherer returns after a breakout year in which he nearly led the team in tackles and proved himself to be valuable contributor in coverage. He's flanked by OLBs Kentrell Brothers and Donavin Newsom.

SECONDARY
If the team has a weakness, it's the secondary, which lost its star CB and FS to graduation. But the cupboard's far from empty. Senior FS Cortland Browning will start until Freshman Anthony Fields is ready, alongside the hard-hitting SS Ian Simon, who is poised for a breakout year.
Senior David Johnson is the lone standout among the team's cornerbacks, but a stout defensive line could make this unit look a lot stronger than it really is.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:38 pm
Squirrel can only play Sun/Mon. I can play any day except for Mon. Might be tough to get it off.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:20 pm
I have extended the advance date to Tuesday due to the holiday.  Hopefully that gives everyone enough time to play their games.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:13 pm
Nebraska vs Georgia Tech kicking off on twitch (if my console will stop freezing) grrrrr.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 pm
well fellas I have the xp glitch, advice?
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:08 pm
Thanksgiving Kickoff Classic Didn't Disappoint 

Season Three of the NCAA Dynasty got off to a great start with an absolute barnburner in Tuscaloosa. Alabama came in with the #1 ranked team in the country, but Georgia decided to give them their best shot but came up short 42-35. 
Alabama got off to a strong start by scoring 14 points and shutting out UGA in the first quarter. UGA responded with 14 points of their own at the start of the 2nd quarter. With the score knotted up at 14 and the ball with 3:59 left in the second Alabama went to a clock grinding drive capped off by a 6 yard TJ Yeldon TD with 32 seconds left in the half. After a touchback, C. Jones picks of C. LeMay of UGA with 33 seconds left. Alabama took over on offense with 29 seconds left and Alec Morris promptly throws a 30 yard strike to Foster to take a 28-14 halftime lead.
We were feeling pretty confident coming out at half. UGA's defense had no answer for our running game and our defense had pretty much contained their offense. UGA received the ball at half and after a few first downs ended up punting. The offense promptly began to drive the ball down the field and was just outside the red zone when Alec Morris forced a pass into traffic and got picked off. To top it off Langley of UGA returned the INT inside our 20 yard line setting up a 3yd rushing TD by Morgan. 
After being shut out in the third quarter based on our mistakes we took the ball on a 11 play scoring drive capped off by a 2yd rushing TD by Yeldon. With a two point td lead with 5:21 left you would think we would be confident but the dreaded CLUTCH SKILL ACTIVATED for UGA pops up at the start of the fourth quarter and the 99 overall UGA used every drop of that to motor down the field to bring the score to 35-28 with 3:20 left in the 4th. Alabama counterpunched and had a clock killing 10 play, 75 yard drive to bring the score to 42-28 with 45 seconds left on the clock and UGA out of timeouts. LeMay and the UGA offense showed why they are not to be slept on and score in 34 seconds but run out of time when they kick the onside kick attempt out of bounds. 
This was an unnecessarily close game and is the type of game we will avoid from now on. When you're up by two scores in the 3rd quarter, with the ball, and you are able to run your offense at will, there's no excuse for turning the ball over in the red zone and walking away without points. A score there puts the game away and allows us to really lean on our running attack. Also I take the blame for poor clock management. After making UGA use all of the their timeouts, there was no need for us to give the ball back to their red hot offense at the end of the game. Trust me this won't happen again. We're too good on offense to not score every time our 1st team unit is on the field. This is a lesson we should have learned from last year's BCS loss when we gave up a Two TD lead and turned the ball over several times, resulting in a loss. 
Player of the Game: TJ Yeldon (28 rushes for 163 yards, 4 TDs, 4 receptions for 14 yards) 
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 pm
As Ani and Nike can attest, me and truth cannot play our flipping game. It started with the uniform pack disconnects at the team select screen. So I bought the packs that truth bought.  That almost worked. We got to the coin toss, and then it disconnects before we can select our kickoff.

At a loss of words.

I'm deleting all NCAA data off my hard drive. I'll back up Madden's draft classes and my custom playbooks on the PS Plus online storage. And the only "uniforms" i'm downloading are the free ones that everyone should have by now.

Or, I may just send the game disc down my garbage disposal. We'll see...
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 pm
USC vs.Illinois 
Week 1 of the 2015 season featured a return to Coaching as Coach Davis returned to face off against his good friend Coach Jeremy Brown of the Fighting Illini. 
 This game was very up and down as USC was up 21-10 at half behind the monster of a RB Tre Madden, Coach Brown was quoted saying to his team at halftime"This kid stiff arms everybody I swear". 
 The third quarter was very uneventful except for a user pick six by USC's LB Kris Baker, one of his two interceptions on the day. 
 The fourth quarter is where Coach Brown turned up the heat and scored three touchdowns (Wes Lunt threw two, ran one in)to make the game 35-33. Illinois lined up for the onside kick and USC recovered and kicked the FG and held on to win. USC was out gained 352-467. GG Ani. On to Bama. Fight on!
Key Player Stats:
USC
QB Max Browne 13/20 214Yds 2Tds 1int
RB Tre Madden 14Att 110Yds 2Tds
LB Kris Baker 2ints

Illinois
QB Wes Lunt 18/24 353Yds 3Tds 2ints; 4Rushes 25Yds 1Td
RB Dami Ayoola 7Att 47Yds
TE Trent Adams 6Rec 108Yds
WE Devin Church 5Rec 143Yds
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:43 pm
So me and truth just can't play.
I've deleted all files and reset everything.
When I win the toss, we disconnect at the kickoff screen.
When truth wins the toss, I can't even select field direction and it immediately disconnects.

I'm at a loss. Sad
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:52 pm
Me and Squirrlz are scheduled for tmrw at 7:30PM PST
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:55 am
Iowa defeats Missouri 30-10 in Opener

After being tied at 3 after one quarter the Hawkeyes used a huge second quarter (17-0) to pull away from the Tigers.  Iowa lead 30-3 in the fourth before Missouri got in the end zone.  The story of the game was the gloves worn by each teams DB's.  It seems like the Iowa DB's dipped their gloves in stick 'em while the Missouri DB's dipped their gloves in butter. lol  Both QB's actually made a number of bad decisions and had some bad throws but it seemed that every bad throw by Jason Wade (Iowa) resulted in a pass deflection while every bad throw by Maty Mauk (Missouri) resulted in an INT.  Mauk would throw 4 picks in the game total.

GG Mustard
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Iowa defeats Missouri 30-10 in Opener

After being tied at 3 after one quarter the Hawkeyes used a huge second quarter (17-0) to pull away from the Tigers.  Iowa lead 30-3 in the fourth before Missouri got in the end zone.  The story of the game was the gloves worn by each teams DB's.  It seems like the Iowa DB's dipped their gloves in stick 'em while the Missouri DB's dipped their gloves in butter. lol  Both QB's actually made a number of bad decisions and had some bad throws but it seemed that every bad throw by Jason Wade (Iowa) resulted in a pass deflection while every bad throw by Maty Mauk (Missouri) resulted in an INT.  Mauk would throw 4 picks in the game total.

GG Mustard
Yeah, that leaping one by your LB in the first half was the one that killed me. The others, OK, whatever, bad decisions. Can't get too mad about that, even if the bounces weren't going my way. That linebacker though... I swear, i was throwing the ball 20 yards downfield and he just Superman-ed the hell out of it LOL.

GG though. Let's run it back in Columbia next year.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:13 pm
Michigan State scores 21 points from the 4:37-4:19 mark in the 1st quarter and cruises to a 38-10 win at UCLA. MSU forced 6 turnovers is a dominant defensive performance. 

gg ken. i think that's the first time i've got you in NCAA
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:30 am
FYI, the week advances tonight.  Not sure if Nebraska/Georgia Tech had any luck reconnecting.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:43 am
Steel, you may as well advance now. I just don't think EDJ and I can connect. I just played against someone else in another dynasty last night without any problems.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 am
truth_n_babylon wrote:Steel, you may as well advance now. I just don't think  EDJ and I can connect. I just played against someone else in another dynasty last night without any problems.
Ok, well you gus have until tonight anyway because I can't access the Dynasty Wire site from work anyway so I won't be advancing until later.  I'll be heading tot eh gym when i get home some the advance won't be until late tonight.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum