American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

No Huddle Offense Empty No Huddle Offense

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:32 pm
Zach has been asking me in the chat box and via text about running no huddle. To help him out, I offered up these thoughts. If anyone has anything to add, post here.

I personally run no huddle out of my fandom of being a Cornhusker. They run it, so I emulate it a bit.  I'm not one to snap the ball immediately. When playing users, I call my play, let the animation run out giving orders to the players or changing formations and give the defense another 3-5 seconds to call a play and get lined up. To be fair, if a team is changing from man align to base align if I'm in twins or trips and they want their CB to stay on the opposite side of the field, I'll wait for the player to move over.

For me, the no huddle forces the defense to think about their formation/personnel.  I have my playbook set up so that almost every formation has at least one other formation that matches that personnel so I can keep the no huddle going and have at least 15 plays to choose from.  If I want to pick up the pace, then switch formations right away can signal that I've picked a play and am about to snap it.  With the extra plays, I can see the type of personnel on the field (Base Nickel vs 3-3-5), and start attacking  holes in the alignment. Steel Pitt is the first user I've faced where he wasn't afraid to move from a 3 man front to a 4 man front and back again dropping a OLB to DE. I didn't really get a chance to try and attack the LB at DE to see if he'd hold up.  But in general, if in Nickel, I can see how the defense is set up, and find a weakness in it.

When I go 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB, I have at least 5 Shotgun formations to choose from.
When I go 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB, I have both Pistol and Shotgun of varying alignments to attack with.
All of my 2 TE looks are in Pistol for easy formation changes.
In this way, my personnel stays the same, but if I want to flex out an athletic TE I can with the Y-Flex formations to look/act like a normal 4 WR spread look.
Almost every play I have has a counter to it if the defense is wising up or snuffing what I want to do. (Starting for season 2, I even have found counters for the aggressive gameplans geared to stop running QBs and have created a playbook 2.0 to test muahahaha)

Anyways, other thoughts on no huddle from people? I'd like to hear other opinions to see if there's anything I can change.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

No Huddle Offense Empty Re: No Huddle Offense

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:49 pm
That's actually pretty spot on to the way I use it too.  I would consider what I run more of a no-huddle as opposed to a hurry up (if that makes sense).  Like you said, it makes the defense think about their initial defense formation call.  Plus, even without rushing to the line and snapping the ball, I think some people will rush their defensive calls and stick with something basic when they get hit with the no huddle.

In terms of running it, I agree and its one of the rules I put in that you shouldn't be running it just to get a cheap offsides, etc.  I don't call no huddle and then just run to the LOS in order to snap the ball quickly.  Also, like you said, in this year's game where you can't bring up any formation in your playbook its important to have a couple of formation with similar personnel sets in order to have options when going no huddle.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum