American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

NFL Lied About Concussions? (What a surprise...) Empty NFL Lied About Concussions? (What a surprise...)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:06 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So...what do you guys have to say about this. Weigh in with your opinion. I'm pretty much not surprised at all and will be picking up this book when it comes out.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

NFL Lied About Concussions? (What a surprise...) Empty Re: NFL Lied About Concussions? (What a surprise...)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:27 pm
I won't be picking up the book but at this point I have a pretty jaded attitude and I'm not really surprised by anything. And I don't really think it's that evil of a thing, or maybe it's just the fact that I kind of expect it from any business, pro sports or not. At the core it's a company lying to protect their brand and most importantly protect their profits. 

I'm not sure what the future of the NFL holds. All the rules in the world won't stop concussions from happening and maybe now it's just coming to the forefront given the suicides of from former players and a better understanding of concussions in society as a whole. Would it be legal for the NFL to have players sign some sort of waiver before entering the league? I'm not sure. I am also not sure the current system for covering health costs of former players, but the NFL should absolutely step up to that plate.

Maybe that's more of a NFLPA issue, and I view the NFLPA as incredibly weak in relation to other sports. NFL players are completely shafted in their contracts.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

NFL Lied About Concussions? (What a surprise...) Empty Re: NFL Lied About Concussions? (What a surprise...)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:13 pm
The more I have been reading this afternoon the more serious I take the revelation. Seems like a pretty well concerted effort to hide some really important health stuff. I am guessing the league thought maybe things would just kinda go away after awhile.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:22 pm
That's the point I was trying to get across, so far they have some pretty intriguing points that the NFL hired Public Consultants (or something named otherwise) to help hide the real truth of the concussions like you were referring to. But, why is this stuff coming up now after all these years? They could have prevented some deaths of former players. I dont know maybe I'm being facetious but its ridiculous.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum