American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Discussion: Sliders

+13
Cougars79
mission8
Ken
Jjjumpman23
RV
MoneyNades
Posky
GoingCommandoAZ
burnum81
illmatic717
xHaVoC83x
MeanMrMustard
the_EDJ
17 posters
Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

League Discussion: Sliders - Page 2 Empty League Discussion: Sliders

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:21 pm
First topic message reminder :

Play as many games as you can against other users. Use those instances to test things and see how you think we can balance the game. Offense looks to be overpowered, so if you can mess around ways to boost the defense, I'm all ears. I'll be looking to Operation Sports to see if they have any good slider threads for ideas as well.

If you have any thoughts, post them here. Thanks.

Also, our community info to play the game is under the Community forum to test games on Heisman difficulty.

FG length will be reduced as a starting idea. Maybe not as much as last year, it feels slightly less powerful already this year.

Also play CPU games. We want CPU games to be tough, but feel balanced. Users will be expected to lose some CPU games once in a while.

the_EDJ

League Discussion: Sliders - Page 2 Empty Re: League Discussion: Sliders

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:34 pm
I'm lowering run blocking further, and increasing pass rush just a tad.

Thoughts on your games? I know I'm getting pressure with a pass rush, but users are still getting the ball out fast to wide open guys. As far as the running game, I'm not really seeing RBs be monsters, just open holes. Block shedding for Suh was great, but he's a beast.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 147
Swagger : 1
LocationNew Orleans La
Fave NFL Team : Saints

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm
Something has to be down with the throwing slider!! My last game against SquirrelHumter I would pass lead passes and the ball would go 20 feet beyond the direction of the pass lead! It caused me 6 interceptions!! And Squirell also had a couple! It felt like I wasn't even playing madden! It felt so different! Shootouts happen in the nfl all the time! In my opinion it doesn't matter the way the game is played (in reference to shootouts)! Just wanted to let you know what happend and how crazy that game was!!
xHaVoC83x
xHaVoC83x
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 259
Swagger : 10
LocationIllinois
Fave NFL Team : Oakland Raiders

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm
Jjjumpman23 wrote:Something has to be down with the throwing slider!! My last game against SquirrelHumter I would pass lead passes and the ball would go 20 feet beyond the direction of the pass lead! It caused me 6 interceptions!! And Squirell also had a couple! It felt like I wasn't even playing madden! It felt so different! Shootouts happen in the nfl all the time! In my opinion it doesn't matter the way the game is played (in reference to shootouts)! Just wanted to let you know what happend and how crazy that game was!!
Yea same here... I would pass lead and either over shoot by 9 yards or would throw behind and it be an INT but on the D side of things it seems that pass D is very weak as well and dont get me started on running! I had close to 400 yards TOTAL in rushing lol I have a top 5 D and I shouldnt be killed in my passing D at all lol and have no name WRs burning my secondary.. when my team is built on speed and cant catch up to these slow ass WRs.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:05 am
I felt mission overthrew a couple of easy ones too.

I, however, didn't have any problems, so take that with a grain of salt.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationNew Orleans La

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:26 pm
Lmao yeah something has to change!
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:25 pm
Pass lead definitely hurt me in game vs chargers. Many inaccurate wide open throws. Now I know my qbs suck but these throws were worse than Freeman on Monday night
Posky
Posky
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 439
Swagger : 3
LocationMichigan
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Ok Okst UofM

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:30 pm
I semi agree, stafford is like 85 acc and 4 consistency, so that whould count for something, and he makes some horrible throws
Posky
Posky
LocationMichigan

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:43 pm
Posky wrote:I semi agree, stafford is like 85 acc and 4 consistency, so that whould count for something, and he makes some horrible throws
 granted its the same thing every year from him
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm
I will say, I do think it's a good thing that there are SOME missed throws now. I mean, even with the new sliders, I was able to hit 66% of passes, and felt like guys were constantly getting open.

The thing that's so frustrating is the passes are off target by a mile. Not sure how to fix that, but.. yeah. If/when Romo misses open guys by 10 yards in a close game, I'm gonna throw something.

On running, I didn't notice a whole lot of difference, tbh. My guys up front maybe seemed to shed blocks a bit better and get into the backfield, but it could've just been that the Giants o-line is bad. I ran for 7 or 8 ypc, and that was a pretty steady 7 or 8 yards. Didn't break any big runs to skew the numbers.
Cougars79
Cougars79
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 376
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 pm
Don't use me as any benchmark for measuring success in the running game. I have been badly losing this battle on both sides of the ball all season.

But I will say I definitely understand the issues being referred to with the passing game. On a play I have completed many times, I had Cruz running a post corner wide open and the throw went about 10 yards out of bounds. It was very random and I believe it also happened to Mustard at least twice.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:06 pm
Cougars79 wrote:It was very random and I believe it also happened to Mustard at least twice.
Yup. Like I said, I really think the thing that makes it so annoying is that the throws are just SO far off. It's one thing to miss a guy by a step or two. It's another to throw the ball into another zip code. It's ultimately the same as far as stats are concerned, but it makes it feel completely arbitrary and unrealistic during the actual game.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 pm
I'm in the same boat with Mustard.  I don't remember my Completion % but it wasn't atrocious (probably around 60% the last two games).  The thing that stuck out was that the bad throws were really really bad throws.  I guess that's better than everyone having 75-80% completion rates though.

As for the running, I feel like my running game was better the last two weeks but nothing too crazy like 300 yards rushing.  Just back to to back 90+ rushing yard games.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationNew Orleans La

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:09 am
In reference to sliders, your not gona be able to balance things out! Defense doesn't exist in this years madden and there is nothing we can do about it. We just have to deal with it. Yeah offense will be over powered when man coverage almost doesn't exist and zone is very weak with defenses with low awareness! So to me sliders should default except for a few minor adjustments or it will mess the game up!
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:16 am
Jjjumpman23 wrote:Defense doesn't exist in this years madden and there is nothing we can do about it. 

Yeah offense will be over powered when man coverage almost doesn't exist and zone is very weak with defenses with low awareness!
Ahhh, you paint a pretty picture of this year's Madden (btw I agree with you). lol
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:48 am
Default sliders make the game nearly unplayable because you get 8 yards on every power/counter run before a defender even gets a hand on you. Let's try to fix this as good as we can.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationNew Orleans La

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 pm
burnum81 wrote:Default sliders make the game nearly unplayable because you get 8 yards on every power/counter run before a defender even gets a hand on you. Let's try to fix this as good as we can.
I agree that the defense should be enhanced a little. But if you do it to much it off sets the game which is what we see happening now. There isn't much we can do with the defense it's horrible!!!
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 663
Swagger : 11
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:12 pm
Ive noticed alot of shoestring dive tackles, especially in practice, anyone else?
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 am
King_Hippo72 wrote:Ive noticed alot of shoestring dive tackles, especially in practice, anyone else?
Yeah, shoestring tackles happen way too often in both Madden and NCAA this year. Kind of doubt you'd be able to fix that with sliders.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:52 pm
King_Hippo72 wrote:Ive noticed alot of shoestring dive tackles, especially in practice, anyone else?
MeanMrMustard wrote:
Yeah, shoestring tackles happen way too often in both Madden and NCAA this year. Kind of doubt you'd be able to fix that with sliders.
They're terribly inconsistent too. There's times when I will dive for a shoestring tackle, and other times where my guy spreads his arms out and just keeps running refusing to dive.

Unsure if turning the heat-seeker feature off will change that?
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:16 pm
I love everything about these settings but QB Accuracy, I'm not sure if its just me and Geno being a rookie but all year in the games I've played hes missed easy passes like curls etc.. please let me know if its just me.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationNew Orleans La

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:19 pm
x--Nike wrote:I love everything about these settings but QB Accuracy, I'm not sure if its just me and Geno being a rookie but all year in the games I've played hes missed easy passes like curls etc.. please let me know if its just me.
Sadly no it is not!
mission8
mission8
LocationSpringboro,OH

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:21 pm
Its not just you, but I have a rookie qb too. On a play action pass, I threw to the te on a corner and the ball didn't make it 5 yds away from qb. WTF
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:29 pm
mission8 wrote:Its not just you, but I have a rookie qb too. On a play action pass, I threw to the te on a corner and the ball didn't make it 5 yds away from qb. WTF
Ok good I threw a curl to holmes vs Havoc and the ball went to the left sideline.... lol
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:48 pm
I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I like the inaccurate throws. Peyton and Brady aren't 100% accurate all the time. They have overthrows and bad passes throughout the course of a game. I've been playing with Ponder and Cassel and I've only had a few a game which isn't horrible. It's frustrating when it happens, but so does a diving shoe-string tackle but we're gonna live with those right?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:00 pm
GoingCommandoAZ wrote:I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I like the inaccurate throws. Peyton and Brady aren't 100% accurate all the time. They have overthrows and bad passes throughout the course of a game. I've been playing with Ponder and Cassel and I've only had a few a game which isn't horrible. It's frustrating when it happens, but so does a diving shoe-string tackle but we're gonna live with those right?
I agree with you.  I think the thing that's throwing everyone off is just how far off target the passes are when they do make bad throws.  I can live with it though as guys are still completing 60%+ of their passes.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationNew Orleans La

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:08 pm
Why is the difficulty on field goals so high?? Me and my opponent missed very close one's! It probably would've changed the game too!
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:16 pm
I hope its just consistency that's the only thing I can think of for Geno and Bray..
mission8
mission8
LocationSpringboro,OH

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:22 pm
My missed field goal was my fault. I like having accuracy down because kickers shouldn't make every kick.
mission8
mission8
LocationSpringboro,OH

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 pm
And I also like sticky hands dbs. Finally, they capitalize on mistakes instead of bouncing off their facemask
Posky
Posky
LocationMichigan

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:24 pm
I havn't noticed any problems with FGs
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:29 pm
No problems with kicking but I noticed A LOT of wild throws (off-target by 10+ yds) over the last couple of weeks. That hasn't been the case at the beginning of the season.

I think we should consider trimming down INTs or slightly increasing QB accuracy.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum