American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

The Hokie Weekly Empty The Hokie Weekly

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:13 pm
THIS JUST IN

The Hokie Weekly SCcom_BreakingNews

Virginia Tech AD James Weaver:
"After a very disappointing 7-6 record in 2013 we have decided to let Coach Beamer go, we thank him for his 26 years at the helm and wish him nothing but the best going forward." Where will you go next? "The search for our next head coach will begin immediately, i'd give it a couple days."

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlVPKDNOqgJpbMv7xyvpYkcVLluRFvKYh22K8bZJn9RiEaF-2S
"VERY VERY Disappointing season in 2013" FORMER Virginia Tech Coach Frank Beamer 

The search for their Head Coaching vacancy was very quick as former USC Head Coach Zach Davis has agreed to coach the Hokies.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

The Hokie Weekly Empty Re: The Hokie Weekly

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:31 pm
VA Tech Press Conference:
Intro 

"I'd like to start off saying thank you to USC for letting me Coach them for three years, i'd also like to thank AD James Weaver for giving me this opportunity, now my plans for this team is to WIN simply said but harder to implement, I believe we have the tools to win here,and honestly I cant wait for Alabama to get their first loss Week one."

Offense 
"I plan on implementing the same balanced offense I ran at USC, and I don't see much of a problem, especially with Logan Thomas running my offense, hes a bright kid hes gonna go far as long as he runs this offense the way Cody Kessler did at USC, and I expect him like Cody to win or be in the Heisman race this year."

The Hokie Weekly Cody-kessler-6-2012-ncaa-football-southern-1NsHt0
Former USER Heisman Trophy Winner 

Defense
"That's where its gonna be different USC has very dynamic pass rushers and a weak secondary, but now its switched here, im gonna have to think of different ways to get pressure on the QB and that'll take sometime, I do have ALOT of confidence in my defense."
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

The Hokie Weekly Empty First Team Activites

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 am
After taking a look at what he has on his team Coach Davis had this to add after the teams first walk through:
"I'm set at QB for a couple years,which is very important, but I need to recruit heavy at WR,TE, and CB, with Seniors or lack of depth. In the past I have been very successful at recruiting these positions so lets hope that streak keeps going."

On his main Goals on the season:
"Simple I want to Win, I want to build a winning culture here, and that's gonna start with dethroning Alabama Week 1 should Commish SP let me have them on my schedule."

The Hokie Weekly Nick-Saban-says-hello-again-to-the-2013-BCS-Title-gameb
"It's pictures like this that make me sick, Saban will get Dethroned this year."

Last edited by Zach561 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

The Hokie Weekly Empty Recruiting Central

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:12 am
The Hokie Weekly Dm_130501_ACC_Official_Visit_Virginia_recruiting
This is where all official visits/Commitments will be reported stay tuned.
Position        Name             Star        Visit/Commit

Last edited by Zach561 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:15 am
Nice write-ups.  Good luck this season.  It always helps to be set at QB for years to come, lol.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 am
Steel Pitt wrote:Nice write-ups.  Good luck this season.  It always helps to be set at QB for years to come, lol.
Thanks man, Definitely is a HUGE luxury, but you know if a Ross Ramsey comes along It wouldn't hurt lol.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:20 pm
Week 1: #1 Alabama vs Virginia Tech
The Hokie Weekly Kickoff_2013-480x370
Final Score: VA Tech 27 Alabama 14
Game Stats:
QB Logan Thomas 18/25 249Yds 2TDs 0iNTs
RB JC Coleman 19Att 68Yds
WR Joshua Stanford 5Rec 77Yds 1TD
CB Kyle Fuller 1Tackle 1iNT
CB Donovan Riley 2Tackles 1iNT
FS Detrick Bonner 2Tackles 1iNT

Post Game Press Conference
"Just as I expected it was a battle but my secondary was able to step it up and get some key turnovers(3 interceptions) off AJ, which gave opportunities to Logan Thomas who capitalized on them and gained POTG honors doing so, i'm very proud of my team but this is just the beginning the next four games are not going to be easy, but we will be ready for them starting with Coach Eversole next week."

The Hokie Weekly Getty_S_11613_Thomas

Logan Thomas was seen staring down Coach Nick Saban and laughing after the game was over.

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcwmx9KcWzVkrN0HQ8cfIZUJh16IMjv0ySfEYWvp1y2rmHhvOl-g

"I've got nothing to say"
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:05 pm
Great write up as always, that Nick Saban picture and quote cracks me up.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

The Hokie Weekly Empty Week 2: Virginia Tech vs Penn State

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 pm
Week 2: #24 VA Tech vs Penn State

The Hokie Weekly Home042107vtlogo
"The Fans that showed really made an impact especially at the end"-Coach Davis

Final Score: Virginia Tech 21 Penn State 20

Game Stats:
QB Logan Thomas 9/11 211Yards 2TDs 0iNTs
RB JC Coleman 13Att 79Yards 1TD
WR Demitri Knowles 2Rec 72Yards 1TD

Post Game Press Conference:
"Wow, what a game Coach Eversole brought his team ready to play and if for one missed FG at the end he would be walking away winner. Wonderful game by my offense, my defense on the other hand could contain Coach Eversoles offense but could not stop them, so congrats on that Coach Eversole. I'd also like to congratulate Logan Thomas on another great game leading us to victory, and up an coming freshmen QB Chase Hackenberg for gaining POTG honors. Next up is Coach Tressel bringing his Buckeyes to us, stay tuned."

The Hokie Weekly 460x

"I've only got one year under Coach Davis I want to win that's it"-Post Game Press Conference
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:49 pm
Love the write-ups man.  Keep them coming.  Big time win against Penn State as I know how tough illmatic is.  That may be the most impressive win of the early season.  Week 4 should be a good one.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:20 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Love the write-ups man.  Keep them coming.  Big time win against Penn State as I know how tough illmatic is.  That may be the most impressive win of the early season.  Week 4 should be a good one.
 IM SOOO READY SOOO HYPED for Week 4 no joke I can't wait to see Week 4 open!!!
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:31 pm
x--Nike wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:Love the write-ups man.  Keep them coming.  Big time win against Penn State as I know how tough illmatic is.  That may be the most impressive win of the early season.  Week 4 should be a good one.
 IM SOOO READY SOOO HYPED for Week 4 no joke I can't wait to see Week 4 open!!!
 The Iowa coaching staff isn't as hyped after watching our QB play the first two weeks.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 pm
The Hokie Weekly Iowa_hawkeyes_vs_virginia_tech_crop_exact
Final Score: VA Tech 21 Iowa 14

Game Stats:
QB Logan Thomas 23/32 273Yards 3TD 1iNT
RB JC Coleman 11Att 42Yards
WR DJ Coles 5rec 54Yards 1TD

Post Game Press Conference:
"I'd like to start off saying good game Coach Pitt and Iowa, another nail bitter of a game. I'd like to add that our run game is very lack luster and we will be working on it during practice this week to face Coach Truth and Georgia Tech next week. I'd also like to congratulate Logan, and Jake Rudlock for earning POTG honors. This is no doubt a huge win, but we still have much to work on moving forward."

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRhwVqLSB5Mr6QTzOgnLpecTVQuKg4UlSd98ghtBFS8G1455na
Logan Thomas walking off the field to congratulate Coach Pitt
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:07 am
Good win. I can't wait to tee off on Logan Thomas.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:37 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:Good win. I can't wait to tee off on Logan Thomas.
Thanks man can't wait to play your team should be fun.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:00 pm
This weeks write up courtesy of truth
Georgia Tech hangs on to win vs Va Tech 20-17 in OT.

The Yellow Jackets took a 10-0 lead and a strong defensive performance into halftime. Ga Tech made grew the lead to 17-3 late in the 3rd quarter off a wild Synjyn Days 5 yard TD run where everyone on the Hokie Defense thought he was down but in fact Days was laying on top of his blockers. He would regain his footing and thenplunge into the endzone. The highlight is on the dynasty wire. The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3XlBkJfGV3jeNM87RUHQjUuW21YQzgRPH_lHR74p4Yort-VAa

Va Tech would storm back of course. Va Tech went to score 14 unanswered points to tie the game with 1:30 left in the game. Ga Tech's ensuing drive ended in a quick 3 & out. 

The Hokies of course drove down into field goal range but Ga Tech's D would once again rise to the occasion and force a longer FG than Va Tech was comfortable kicking. After calling 3 straight timeouts the Va Tech kicker was officially iced and missed. On to overtime. 
  Va Tech got the ball first to begin overtime and threatened to score almost immediately. But on 3rd and Goal Logan Thomas made his first mistake of the 2nd half and threw an INT straight to the Cover 2 zone. 
   Ga Tech would kick the game winning FG on 3rd down. Ball Game.
GG Truth shame my offense stalled in the 1st half.

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtiw5i-awUmFlKg-CnNGtk3b3itmg-4k_cwQWP5837LBymGEhT
RB JC Coleman had the game Coach Davis was hoping for as he goes for 147 on 22carries.

"Now we have our ACC Conference games coming up and we have to hope GA Tech slips up, onto North Carolina.'"
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:26 pm
The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQwawVPf7H5jlTtFRBmFsc0g86lEeOO2V5unPBFfQvO870lrFA
Week 6: VA Tech 41 North Carolina 27
"Coming into this week I wanted to really continue on JC Coleman's success running the ball, after a near 150 yard game against Georgia Tech I made it an emphasize to get him the ball early and often. He ended up getting 190yards on 32carries with 3TDs not to bad. Logan had another great game besides one bad pass going 16/23 for 213yards 1int and no TDs. I'm very dissapointed in my defense after such a great start to the season with no sacks or interceptions, but I know that will change. Next week we will be playing Pittsburgh and you better believe that we will be ready for them thank you."

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnAapUnuK1kjAyqtN0alfsZ0SHKNSZv8TMG4U132pcY3U-QA6i

JC Coleman on the way to the endzone on one of his three Touchdown runs.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:58 pm
Week 7 brought the VA Tech Hokies against the ACC newcomers Pitt Panthers, in a game that was a defense strong point for the Hokies they were able to win 34-14 behind Logan Thomas going 12/15.
Week 8 was a Bye Week where Coach Davis learned that he would be shut out on two more stud rectuits, and Week 9 schedules VA Tech vs Duke stay tuned!
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:07 pm
x--Nike wrote:Week 7 brought the VA Tech Hokies against the ACC newcomers Pitt Panthers, in a game that was a defense strong point for the Hokies they were able to win 34-14 behind Logan Thomas going 12/15.
Week 8 was a Bye Week where Coach Davis learned that he would be shut out on two more stud rectuits, and Week 9 schedules VA Tech vs Duke stay tuned!
Big home stretch coming up with both Miami and Virginia awaiting.  I'm sure the folks on GA Tech's campus will be very interested in the outcomes of those games.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Week 9: VA Tech 63 Duke 28
In an offensive nutshell the VA Tech Hokies were able to turn away from a 21-21 half time score to explode in the 2nd half off of JC Colemans 165yards on 21carries , two interceptions, and a Kick Return TD. Final stat line for Logan Thomas after getting benched were 18/25 340Yards 5TDs 1int. VA Tech must continue winning and pray for an ACC champ game birth.

The Hokie Weekly Z
Kyle Fuller after his Kick off return TD

Last edited by x--Nike on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:52 pm
Week 10: VA Tech Hokies 21 Boston College 27
"Week 10 brought us snow we came in not expecting it to do anything but boy were we wrong, BC had two 70yards TDs, crazy ints, and a QB who only missed 6passes the entire day, this is a big one that might cost us an ACC Championship Birth"-Coach Davis on the game. Logan Thomas struggled mightly as he threw four incompletions, three which were intercepted.

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaUFwVAf05WsDGf13TdbxfM0U7_a6htxZaWmtYnvNfn1B_NVIR
"BC crushed our hearts"- Coach Davis
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:05 pm
Week 11: VA Tech 56 Miami 35
This game was a game of pure might as VA Tech was able to come back from a double digit deficit and explode on offense scoring 56points to Miami's 21 from the 2nd quarter on. This game also saw JC Coleman Coach Davis' go to guy get injured and he will miss the rest of the season. 
"It's really sad he was on track to get the nations most yards then this happens, just cant help but feel for the kid."

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGDyf7Em8unxnXFR9nOau82MrVtYP7K-9Fl-LW08CAfu7Ij-xQUQ

Duke Johnson was held in check averagin 3.8YPC and only one TD
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:12 pm
Week 12: VA Tech 35 Maryland 14
The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTueQA94oaV8uFUN3PLup7MNMzaxuu-zJHPmcZQOovaCmjv2n3
This was a huge ACC matchup for both teams fighting for a championship bid.

Week 12 brought us a big suprise as senior fill in RB Tony Gregory gained 112yards on 17carries adding 2TDs.
"This was the blueprint to our future success we will continue playing this way and win, especially next year with Mark Leal leading the charge."-Coach Davis
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:28 pm
Week 13 Bye Week
"This week brings us great joy and a HUGE monkey off our back as we have gained our first two recruits, Five star TE George Jones and Three star Kicker Terrence Jones."

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL5KsVO6ngbMT1_1l6v3esrSPxQIZtbKAKkCLrc6IfBNKBnpl4jA
George Jones is a skilled 6'5 237LB TE with a 4.52 40, he also has glue hands and played a little receiver in High school, he also the first #1 TE and the seventh best recruit in the nation.

The Hokie Weekly 2Q==

Terrence Morse is three star kicker(eighth best kicker) with decent kicking power and accuracy, he joins the VA Tech Hokies as the future and present of the kicking game as he will kick all four years, fun fact for everyone he kicked the game winning Field Goal in his schools state championship game.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:01 pm
x--Nike wrote:Week 13 Bye Week
"This week brings us great joy and a HUGE monkey off our back as we have gained our first two recruits, Five star TE George Jones and Three star Kicker Terrence Jones."
Well that's one way to end the drought. I don't even have a 4-star yet. Congrats.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
x--Nike wrote:Week 13 Bye Week
Well that's one way to end the drought. I don't even have a 4-star yet. Congrats.
Thanks haha 3 total now im getting there slowly...
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:21 pm
RECRUITING ALERT!
The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjvTrHjR4TCXpFj10V3qIi7lHcPpjwPxBd-qTh5hSo3uq1UP8-
"Bo Jones pictured above has finally committed to the Hokies over likes of Alabama, Lousivulle, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. Bo is a 5'11 200 pound WR who will likely play right away most likely in the slot. Bo brings a winning attitude as he is a four star WR and the Ninth best in the nation, hopefully more recruits follow suit and join the Hokies as we only have three so far." -Coach Davis 
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:51 am
Week 14: Va Tech 28 Virginia 7
The Hokies continue winning as they stay on a roll instilling a Oregon type offense burning clock and playing good D and improve there record to 9-3 (6-2 ACC). With this win all that has to happen is Georgia Tech to lost to Georgia and they are in the championship game(they own the tiebreaker over Miami and Virginia).

The Hokie Weekly 2Q==
Logan Thomas' Final press conference in the Regular season:
"I appreciate everything that VA Tech, Coach Beamer, and Coach Davis have done for me, and I hope Georgia Tech falls to Georgia."

The Hokie Weekly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWxcBT5_N90eRsnEwmn-4pcrsjoakBZJuAqWjRsvEGpKEw9aMdZA

Leaving Seniors:
QB Logan Thomas
LE James Gayle
C Andrew Miller
DT Derrick Hopkins
CB Kyle Fuller
MLB Jack Tyler
LG David Wang
LE Tyrel Wilson
CB Antone Exum
ROLB Tariq Edwards
RE JR Collins
HB Tony Gregory
" Every single one of these guys played a HUGE role this year for me in first season at VA Tech, they made it easy, they all stepped in crunch time, but like all players they are moving on most of them to the draft, i'm not gonna lie to you we are losing a huge chunk of our team leadership but we have guys willing and ready to step in and do the job and continue winning." -Coach Davis on his Senior Class

The Hokie Weekly 9k=
"This is the future for us next year, this is QB Mark Leal. He posses a cannon arm but also has the accuracy that Logan did not, while also having some speed to keep the defense honest, I am extremly excited to see how he progresses this camp and see how he plays this upcoming season." -Coach Davis
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:14 am
x--Nike wrote:Week 14: Va Tech 28 Virginia 7
The Hokies continue winning as they stay on a roll instilling a Oregon type offense burning clock and playing good D and improve there record to 9-3 (6-2 ACC). With this win all that has to happen is Georgia Tech to lost to Georgia and they are in the championship game(they own the tiebreaker over Miami and Virginia).

Logan Thomas' Final press conference in the Regular season:
"I appreciate everything that VA Tech, Coach Beamer, and Coach Davis have done for me, and I hope Georgia Tech falls to Georgia."

Leaving Seniors:
QB Logan Thomas
LE James Gayle
C Andrew Miller
DT Derrick Hopkins
CB Kyle Fuller
MLB Jack Tyler
LG David Wang
LE Tyrel Wilson
CB Antone Exum
ROLB Tariq Edwards
RE JR Collins
HB Tony Gregory
" Every single one of these guys played a HUGE role this year for me in first season at VA Tech, they made it easy, they all stepped in crunch time, but like all players they are moving on most of them to the draft, i'm not gonna lie to you we are losing a huge chunk of our team leadership but we have guys willing and ready to step in and do the job and continue winning." -Coach Davis on his Senior Class

"This is the future for us next year, this is QB Mark Leal. He posses a cannon arm but also has the accuracy that Logan did not, while also having some speed to keep the defense honest, I am extremly excited to see how he progresses this camp and see how he plays this upcoming season." -Coach Davis
Some big shoes to fill next season after the bowl games, can Coach Davis and the Hokes keep the ball rolling? Lets hope they do.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:24 am
Yes sir ani we can only hope losing a HUGE chunk of my defense.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum