American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

(PS3) Assassin's Creed Empty (PS3) Assassin's Creed

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 pm
Wassup fellas.  So the kids and I were getting bored with our current collection of games and we thought GTA V was getting released in teh Spring (actually have teh poster stating so when i reserved it, lol) but that has been pushed back to November.  we bought the Uncharted trilogy to pass the time but we've beaten those games already.

So today I picked up Assassin's Creed Trilogy (II, Brotherhood and Revelations) for $35.  I believe I've seen some of you guys playing that game.  Any thoughts?  How did you like the game?

Also, they didn't have the first Assassin's Creed so I'll be starting at part II.  The store owner said that part one was kind of slow moving and not really a necessity to follow along (then he gave me a 5 minute recap of what part 1 entails, lol).  He could obviously have just been saying that to make sure I buy the games but for those that have played the series is part 1 necessary for the series?  IN other words, will I be completely lost by starting at part 2?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

(PS3) Assassin's Creed Empty Re: (PS3) Assassin's Creed

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 pm
Assassin's Creed was poorly executed. The original at least. Cool time period in history for the storyline. But you're not missing much by not playing it. There's very few tie-ins to Altair that I remember. But Revelations probably tied more into it.

I loved Assassin's Creed 2 quite a bit. I actually got the Platinum trophy on that one by doing everything they asked. AC: Brotherhood was really good, but it's more of the same. I was so burnt out by the time Revelations came out that I skipped that game. I should probably go back to it.

I think you'll enjoy it. There's frustrating parts when you don't climb or jump where you're expecting. But I'm a bit of a history geek and ate up the past backgrounds like climbing around ancient Rome. If you don't take the story too seriously, I think you'll enjoy it.

I really liked AC3 too. But a lot of people didn't. Ubisoft releases a new AC game every year so it gets repetitive, but ACIV is pirate themed and looks uber cool. It will probably be my first PS4 purchase.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Assassin's Creed was poorly executed. The original at least. Cool time period in history for the storyline. But you're not missing much by not playing it. There's very few tie-ins to Altair that I remember. But Revelations probably tied more into it.

I loved Assassin's Creed 2 quite a bit. I actually got the Platinum trophy on that one by doing everything they asked. AC: Brotherhood was really good, but it's more of the same. I was so burnt out by the time Revelations came out that I skipped that game. I should probably go back to it.

I think you'll enjoy it. There's frustrating parts when you don't climb or jump where you're expecting. But I'm a bit of a history geek and ate up the past backgrounds like climbing around ancient Rome. If you don't take the story too seriously, I think you'll enjoy it.

I really liked AC3 too. But a lot of people didn't. Ubisoft releases a new AC game every year so it gets repetitive, but ACIV is pirate themed and looks uber cool. It will probably be my first PS4 purchase.

Sounds good.  Thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum