American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 134
Swagger : 2
LocationBK

Dallas Cowboys News Network Empty Dallas Cowboys News Network

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:17 pm
This is something I'm going to do exclusively for GSL...figured I have a little fun with this league and my favorite team. So for news, player and coaches interviews, and find out how the Cowboys are doing check in here. Will be updating at least once a week.
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBK

Dallas Cowboys News Network Empty Re: Dallas Cowboys News Network

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:39 pm
Cowboys going in a different Direction with Jones out of the picture

May 5, 2012

By Michael Caine

Jerry Jones and his bigger than life personality has been forced to relinquish power as chief operating officer and General Manager of the Cowboys, as well as been ordered by Roger Goodell to have no business with the Cowboys until Jones is medically cleared by doctors. Some may wonder why the league doesn’t just force Jones to sell his beloved Cowboys, this is a delicate situation and needs to be dealt with cautiously by the league given the circumstances and Jones is the last of a dying breed within the fraternity of NFL Owners.

For those of you who have been hiding under a rock the past few months or have decided to do away with your television sets or smart phones, Jerry Jones was admitted to a hospital in July for a cuts and lacerations to his arms and legs. He later admitted that he had harmed himself and chalked it up to being stressed out and dealing with personal demons. A few weeks later Mr. Jones was admitted to the hospital again, but this time by his family that claimed he was suffering from depression. While in hospital care Mr. Jones was ordered to undergo a full psychological evaluation (something fans of the Cowboys have been asking for since the day he fired Jimmy Johnson and demanded it when he traded for Roy Williams). Mr. Jones was found to be mentally stable (to the dismay of Cowboys Fans) by two doctors, but both felt that Mr. Jones was emotionally unstable and felt that Mr. Jones may fall into further depression and cause more bodily harm to himself. With Jerry Jones essentially the face of the Dallas Cowboys and in charge of a team worth more than 2 Billion dollars this put the league in an unfamiliar situation. Jones is well respected by his peers so whatever the Roger Goodell decided to do in this situation he had to have the majority of owners backing him. So, on May 22, shock waves was sent through the NFL when the face of the Dallas Cowboys was stripped of all power and given a stern warning that any attempt to circumvent the restrictions put in place could lead to the league forcing Jones to sell the Cowboys. Some will argue that this will make Mr. Jones’ condition even worse, however, the league argues that Jones at this time is not fit to run a football team, and time away will actually allow him to get himself in a better place and healthy. Jerry Jones issued a statement which reads, “While I am disappointed in my colleague’s decision in regards to my condition and my ability to run the Cowboys, I will respect it and abide by it. It will be hard to step away from something I’ve been doing 20 years and going, but I will get better and my desire and passion to return to the mantel of running the Dallas Cowboys will be what keeps me motivated, besides my family of course....you can bet your ass on that….how about them Cowboys.”

We’re glad to see Jones in good spirits after a tough few months, also the man running the show from now on will be no other than Stephen Jones, we shall see if the apple falls far from the tree. League officials did confirm that when the season is complete and if Mr. Jones’ situation improves and passes evaluations by league appointed doctors, they would welcome him back with arms wide open.
Mr_Mojo_Risin84
Mr_Mojo_Risin84
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 35
Swagger : 1
LocationBuffalo, New York

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:16 pm
If you don't mind I may "borrow" this idea for Atlanta...Arthur Blank seems like he could be fun to role play as :p
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:30 pm
Arthur Blank is my boy!! Straight up old-school mafia looking guy, I bet he has connections Cool

Wow, Jerry Jones and psychological evaluation... Two words that should have been said together years ago. Glad he is doing well and not harming himself anymore. I think if you sign T.O. he might revert back to his destructive ways Sad

Has there been any word on his glasses-wiper?
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBK

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:39 pm
Be my guest Mr_Mojo_Risin84....I find that it makes things interesting
Flaharty
Flaharty
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 102
LocationLivonia, MI
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:09 pm
Is Stephen Jones still trading Felix Jones for a 2nd round pick to the Packers?
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBK

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:44 pm
Let me check my sources at Valley Ranch
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBK

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 pm
The other Jones starts to put his mark on the Cowboys

May 22, 2012

By Michael Caine

Back in June we saw Jerry, Stephen and Jason Garrett giving high fives in the Cowboys war room on draft day. Fast forward to today and Jerry is out due to medical reasons, leaving Stephen as the Chief operating officer and today Jason Garrett is out as well, he was fired today by the new man in charge. Garrett a former backup quarterback for the Cowboys was giving the head coaching job in 2010 when then head Coach Wade Phillips was fired by Jerry Jones. Garrett complied a 14-10 record in his 2 and half years as head coach with the Cowboys.

Stephen Jones released a statement in which he thanked Garrett for all his hard work, but said that it was time for a culture change in Dallas and this is a new day and a new era for the Cowboys. When news first broke that Stephen Jones would be taken over for his father we figured Jerry would be in his ear, but with the league backing Stephen, he’s free to step out of his father’s clutches and build the team as he seems fit. Next on his agenda is his first ever hiring of a new coach
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBK

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 pm
Cowboys Season Comes to a Slippery End

The Dallas Cowboys fell 28-24 in Green Bay, it was a game Green Bay had in hand from the 2nd quarter and Dallas never could recover from a costly fumble by Demarco Murray when they were down 7-3, Green Bay would take the lead and never let it go. Down by 4 in the 4th with no time outs and 19 secs…..Romo would heave a throw to the end zone to Titus Young and perhaps a fitting end to sum up the Cowboys season….it was intercepted to seal the game. Some would blame the play of Tony Romo down the stretch, while others will blame Devin Cage for abandoning what got them to a 12-4 record. As the season went on Coach Cage seemingly abandoned the running game and their monster of a RB Murray only managed one 100+ yard running game in the last 5 games on limited touches. Coach Cage said this was a building process for the team and he was proud of his players for carrying the team this far but said he had to make better decisions for the team and that put the in the best possible position to win.

This quick exit quickly thrust several high profile players future with the team in doubt, such as, Miles Austin, Gerald Sensabaugh, Phil Costa, and Kenyon Coleman, but topping that list is QB Tony Romo. While Coach Cage admits he put Romo in a no win situation at times, Romo will have one year left on his contract and hasn’t been offered an extension. Seems like the writing was on the wall for Romo, unless he took his team to the Super Bowl this year. Coach Cage traded for Terrelle Pryor in the offseason and while he played him in a few preseason games and the final game, he hasn’t played a full game in his young career, but Coach Cage has nothing but praise, and when asked about the future of the QB position on the team, Coach Cage said, “that’s a situation we are going to clearly evaluate going into the offseason and the draft,” not quite the endorsement of Tony Romo. Another sign that the end for Romo may be coming is immediately following the teams defeat to the Packers, Cowboys Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach resigned from their positions (some say that Coach Cage was so disappointed that he pushed them out the organization). Let’s remember these were Jason Garrett’s guys, not Coach Cage’s and if Pryor is indeed the starting QB next year, he will need people that maximize his strengths, while helping him to improve on his weaknesses. He will already have a young stud at RB and a stable of young WRs that will improve with time and they can all develop and build together.
Endless_Reverie
Endless_Reverie
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 198
Locationvirginia

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm
Disappointing end, but looks like the cowboys could see some shake ups in the offseason.

Lot of teams might be looking for QBs in the off season.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum