American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

How many games in a season?

2 - 13%
1 - 6%
8 - 50%
5 - 31%

Total Votes: 16

Poll closed
xHaVoC83x
xHaVoC83x
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 259
Swagger : 10
LocationIllinois
Fave NFL Team : Oakland Raiders

How many games in a season you guys want?! Empty How many games in a season you guys want?!

Tue May 06, 2014 3:30 pm
I just realized that maybe doing a 162 game season may be a bit too long. Granted we could do flex scheduling which allows users to play future series in advance, so users with time to get games in can.

So I want your guys input... what would you prefer? Now keep in mind if the majority wants to do a 162 game season.... which I don't mind might I add.... it may take 3 months to get a season done... maybe more. So if 162 wins the vote then we would need to play at least 3 games in a day.

So above is a poll so please vote. majority rules so make your vote count! Once we have a clear winner then the league will be made thursday night and invites will be sent out.

If you have any other ideas or input then please feel free to ask. It's just not my league... it's OUR league and we just wanna have some good competitive fun Smile
its_gibbro
its_gibbro
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 14
Swagger : 0
LocationMissouri
Fave NFL Team : St. Louis Rams

How many games in a season you guys want?! Empty Re: How many games in a season you guys want?!

Tue May 06, 2014 3:54 pm
Just to clear things up, can we decide on setting before than as well so we can practice, for example whether were doing pulse pitching, or meter.. etc
xHaVoC83x
xHaVoC83x
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationIllinois

How many games in a season you guys want?! Empty Re: How many games in a season you guys want?!

Tue May 06, 2014 3:55 pm
It will most likely be the classic meter pitching. But will see how everyone else feels.
xxgearsecond
xxgearsecond
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 4
LocationChicago, IL

Tue May 06, 2014 3:58 pm
xHaVoC83x wrote:It will most likely be the classic meter pitching. But will see how everyone else feels.

I hope we end up going with that, I hate Pulse Pitching. lol

I'll use it if everyone else wants to though.
its_gibbro
its_gibbro
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 14
LocationMissouri
Fave NFL Team : St. Louis Rams

Tue May 06, 2014 4:01 pm
i personally prefer pulse pitching... but I can adjust
bwidow34
bwidow34
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 10
Swagger : 1
LocationWashington D.C.
Fave NFL Team : Cleveland Browns
Fave NCAA Team : THE University of Michigan

Tue May 06, 2014 4:26 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I voted for 40 games. The reason being is because this will allow us to get through multiple seasons and drop the inactive guys.  This will also help the REDS build their dynasty. 

If we had a vote on pitching I would go with meter. However, i'm open to what ever we decide. I just need to practice.

And last but not least, Don't forget to purchase your Reds NL Central Championship gear now.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Tue May 06, 2014 4:27 pm
162, flex scheduling
Deh-Mo
Deh-Mo
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 1
LocationFlorida

Tue May 06, 2014 4:30 pm
xHaVoC83x
xHaVoC83x
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationIllinois

Tue May 06, 2014 4:33 pm
Deh-Mo wrote:82
Did u cast that as your vote in the poll above?
DuckTalesLOL
DuckTalesLOL
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 2
LocationArkansas

Tue May 06, 2014 9:36 pm
I picked 82 as well. My experience in longer leagues is that people get bored and eventually quit playing.
mikeda1940
mikeda1940
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationCleveland, OH

Wed May 07, 2014 12:03 am
Keep in mind the league is full, so there will be no quick counting against CPUs.  162 will be too long. 40 seems too short though. 82 for me.
superhashbreh
superhashbreh
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationMy Couch
Fave NFL Team : Da Bears, Rrrraiders
Fave NCAA Team : NW Wildcats, California Bears

Wed May 07, 2014 12:58 am
I'm down with 82 games, its seems the perfect much of games without getting too boring. I vote for Pulse Pitching because it is used everywhere else and the show is pushing for people to switch to it. I play the show with people at school and pulse pitching is standard now, thb it would be annoying for me to keep switching back and forth.

Last edited by superhashbreh on Wed May 07, 2014 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
bwidow34
bwidow34
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 10
Swagger : 1
LocationWashington D.C.
Fave NFL Team : Cleveland Browns
Fave NCAA Team : THE University of Michigan

Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 am
Looks like the 82 games might take the cake.  Thats ok though more time for me to whoop up on the Cards and Cubs in my division.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum