American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Draft Week Games Empty Draft Week Games

Fri May 02, 2014 6:21 pm
Anybody up for a game tonight ... or anytime this week for that matter?

I was thinking with the NFL draft coming up, if you're like me you've been reading mock drafts for months and have the names of a handful of prospects that have been rumored to go to your favorite team or prospects you hope go to your favorite team. 

I thought it may be cool to play with them in anticipation of the draft.  You're team thinking about drafting TE Eric Ebron then lets load up UNC.  You really hope your team drafts Johnny Manzel (cough Cowboys fans cough) then lets take a trip to College Station.  I know the Steelers are hoping to get a tall WR in the draft (possibly Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin or Donte Moncrief) so it would cool to see them in action.

In any case, if anyone is interested let me know.

I'll be online tonight after 10PM EST.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Draft Week Games Empty Re: Draft Week Games

Fri May 02, 2014 6:26 pm
I'll be free after the Blackhawks vs Wild game.
As a Bears fan, I really want Aaron Donald at DT to help disrupt the interior of offensive lines.  So maybe a game as Pittsburgh would be fun.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Fri May 02, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Fri May 02, 2014 6:26 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:You really hope your team drafts Johnny Manzel (cough Cowboys fans cough)
Gross.  No 

But I'd be down sometime this weekend, or next week. Can't play tonight because of the Mavs playoff game.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri May 02, 2014 6:41 pm
the_EDJ wrote:I'll be free after the Blackhawks vs Wild game.
As a Bears fan, I really want Aaron Donald at DT to help disrupt the interior of offensive lines.  So maybe a game as Pittsburgh would be fun.

Cool, I'll be up late tonight so maybe we can get a game tonight.  Maybe a Pitt vs Vandy game (I keep hearing Jordan Mathews name as a possible 2/3 round pick up as a "big" WR for the Steelers).  Or Pitt vs Penn State (Allen Robinson is another name I keep hearing as a 2/3 round possibility as a "big" WR for Big Ben).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri May 02, 2014 6:41 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:You really hope your team drafts Johnny Manzel (cough Cowboys fans cough)
Gross.  No 

But I'd be down sometime this weekend, or next week. Can't play tonight because of the Mavs playoff game.

No doubt.  I'll probably be on at some point this weekend.  If I see you I'll hit you up.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun May 04, 2014 12:32 am
Wow, me and Pitt just had a doozy of a finish. My Pittsburgh Panthers go up early on Pitt's Vanderbilt Commodores. In the second half, the Commies mount a comeback, never panicking, driving steady down the field. On a 2nd or 3rd and long, Pitt finds his RB out of the backfield beating his man, but still in the area of a zone defender, who then snares the pass somehow and races for a TD as the rest of my secondary stumbles down.  With about 30 seconds left, and three time outs, I make it down to the 5 yard line with 2 seconds left, and on 1st and Goal...the Commies bring the pressure and...the ball gets deflected at the line of scrimmage. Game over. Helluva game.

Draft Player Profiles:
>>Pitt QB Tom Savage - Rocketing up the draft boards, he is likely a second day pick I last read.
18/26 passing for 267 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT.
>> Vandy WR Jordan Matthews - I've seen mocks with him in late 1st round.
5 Rec for 134 yards and 1 TD. Just a monster on a couple of toss ups.
>> Pitt DT Aaron Donald - Day 1 pick, likely to Giants, hope he falls to Bears at 14. Also, EA made him white?
Stat sheet only shows 1 Tackle for Loss, but he was pretty disruptive in the middle.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun May 04, 2014 7:54 am
the_EDJ wrote:Wow, me and Pitt just had a doozy of a finish. My Pittsburgh Panthers go up early on Pitt's Vanderbilt Commodores. In the second half, the Commies mount a comeback, never panicking, driving steady down the field. On a 2nd or 3rd and long, Pitt finds his RB out of the backfield beating his man, but still in the area of a zone defender, who then snares the pass somehow and races for a TD as the rest of my secondary stumbles down.  With about 30 seconds left, and three time outs, I make it down to the 5 yard line with 2 seconds left, and on 1st and Goal...the Commies bring the pressure and...the ball gets deflected at the line of scrimmage. Game over. Helluva game.

Draft Player Profiles:
>>Pitt QB Tom Savage - Rocketing up the draft boards, he is likely a second day pick I last read.
18/26 passing for 267 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT.
>> Vandy WR Jordan Matthews - I've seen mocks with him in late 1st round.
5 Rec for 134 yards and 1 TD. Just a monster on a couple of toss ups.
>> Pitt DT Aaron Donald - Day 1 pick, likely to Giants, hope he falls to Bears at 14. Also, EA made him white?
Stat sheet only shows 1 Tackle for Loss, but he was pretty disruptive in the middle.

Helluva game no doubt.  It ended up ranking #1 on my Games List according to EA.  I would say that at least half of my Top 10 are vs you, lol.

I also noticed Donald's stat line of 1 Tackle but he definitely felt like more of a force.  I still remember a play early on a Third and Short (maybe 1 yard) when I went two tights and ran the Iso out of the I Formation only to see Donald push my OG into the backfield who then backed into my FB who then knocked down my RB for a 3 yard loss, lol.

WR Jordan Mathews has been rumored as a possible 2/3 round target for the Steelers as they are looking to add a #2 WR along side Antonio Brown and they'd like to get a "big" WR for Big Ben (those late first round mocks you're seeing will definitely put him out of Steelers range).  But the big guy came up big as hoped.  He started off slow only to pick things up in the second half finishing with 5 catches for 134 yards a score.

Great game again man.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun May 04, 2014 7:56 am
Just about every mock has the Steelers taking or hoping to take CB Darqueze Dennard out of Michigan State.

I wouldn't mind giving him a run if anybody is up for it.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed May 07, 2014 3:53 pm
Anyone up for a game tonight?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed May 07, 2014 4:36 pm
I'll play another game. I may not show as online on the PS3 if I'm on my PS4. You can send me a message though and I'll get it there or on my phone via the PS App.

Chicago is getting mocked S Calvin Pryor out of Louisville more and more as DT Aaron Donald rockets up the mock boards. Crap

1st choice: Louisville; S Calvin Pryor (and Bridgewater)
2nd choice: Northern Illinois; S Jimmie Ward (2nd rounder)
3rd choice: Oklahoma State; CB Justin Gilbert
4th choice: Virginia Tech; CB Kyle Fuller
5th chocie: Duke; CB Ross Cockerell (mid rounder)
6th choice: Florida State; DT Dominque Easely; DT Timmy Jernigan (hope Bears skip him)

My dream is that Husker CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste goes round 2 to Chicago. Late rounds I hope the Bears find RB Dri Archer or De'Anthony Thomas falling to spell Forte and replace Hester's ridiculousness.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed May 07, 2014 6:14 pm
the_EDJ wrote:I'll play another game. I may not show as online on the PS3 if I'm on my PS4. You can send me a message though and I'll get it there or on my phone via the PS App.

Chicago is getting mocked S Calvin Pryor out of Louisville more and more as DT Aaron Donald rockets up the mock boards. Crap

1st choice: Louisville; S Calvin Pryor (and Bridgewater)
2nd choice: Northern Illinois; S Jimmie Ward (2nd rounder)
3rd choice: Oklahoma State; CB Justin Gilbert
4th choice: Virginia Tech; CB Kyle Fuller
5th chocie: Duke; CB Ross Cockerell (mid rounder)
6th choice: Florida State; DT Dominque Easely; DT Timmy Jernigan (hope Bears skip him)

My dream is that Husker CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste goes round 2 to Chicago. Late rounds I hope the Bears find RB Dri Archer or De'Anthony Thomas falling to spell Forte and replace Hester's ridiculousness.

Aight, I'll be on later tonight and will send you an invite or hit you up on the Portal.  I want to see the Steelers take a CB and the two big names I keep hearing for the first round are Dennard from Michigan State or Kyle Fuller from Virginia tech.

I'll take which ever matches up closer to Louisville in terms of ratings.

I think I'll try something different on defense this time around and control the CB (namely Dennard or Fuller) for the majority of the game.  That may be interesting.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 pm
Michigan State 31
Louisville 38

Teddy Bridgewater looks like a #1 pick thanks to the awkwardness of Pitt usering Dennard at CB the whole game. Michigan State's onside kicks were unsuccessful, ending any rally. Dennard had moments of perfect coverage, and was strong in press support. Calvin Pryor was overly aggressive (thanks to my usering) and got out of proper pursuit lanes opening big plays.

LOU S Calvin Pryor (1st Rd) -- 4 Tackles; 1 TFL
MSU CB Darquez Dennard (1st Rd) -- 2 Tackles
LOU QB Teddy Bridgewater (1st Rd) -- 22/24 for 412 yards and 3 TD; 0 INT
MSU MLB Max Bullough (mid to late) -- 3 Tackles; 1 TFL
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed May 07, 2014 10:19 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Michigan State 31
Louisville 38

Teddy Bridgewater looks like a #1 pick thanks to the awkwardness of Pitt usering Dennard at CB the whole game. Michigan State's onside kicks were unsuccessful, ending any rally. Dennard had moments of perfect coverage, and was strong in press support. Calvin Pryor was overly aggressive (thanks to my usering) and got out of proper pursuit lanes opening big plays.

LOU S Calvin Pryor (1st Rd) -- 4 Tackles; 1 TFL
MSU CB Darquez Dennard (1st Rd) -- 2 Tackles
LOU QB Teddy Bridgewater (1st Rd) -- 22/24 for 412 yards and 3 TD; 0 INT
MSU MLB Max Bullough (mid to late) -- 3 Tackles; 1 TFL

Dennard is praying that this game tape doesn't make it to any scouts' possession with the draft set to start tomorrow.

gg
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu May 08, 2014 4:09 am
Btw, it was fun playing an entire game using the CB for the entire play.  I used the player lock function which provided a cool view.

But it was obvious I suck at usering the CB, lol.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu May 08, 2014 11:07 pm
Might have to have a matchup of Va Tech (Bears Kyle Fuller) vs Ohio State (Steelers Ryan Shazier).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri May 09, 2014 6:03 am
the_EDJ wrote:Might have to have a matchup of Va Tech (Bears Kyle Fuller) vs Ohio State (Steelers Ryan Shazier).

Definitely.  Usering a LB should be less disastrous than my efforts at CB with Dennard. lol 

Looks like the Steelers brass did see that Louisville vs Michgan State game tape from the other day and passed on Dennard (who was on the board at 15).  They decided to go with the AALoA NCAA13 and NCAA14 Hall of Famer in Ryan Shazier.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum