American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Season 3 - Week 16 Open Empty Season 3 - Week 16 Open

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:46 am
The season has advanced to week 16. Only 2 weeks until the playoffs. The next advance will be on Thursday morning/noon.

The Redskins blew out the Giants 63-6, with their RB going 28-242 with 4 TDs. I really hope this was an actual user-vs-user game. Note to the Redskins: You do have backups - use them when the game is won. Also, there are ways of running down the clock without completely embarrassing your opponent and running up the score.

A warning goes out to the Broncos for WR Demarius Thomas putting up sick numbers (7-230, 2 TD) vs CPU. The game wasn't a blowout so no suspension will be handed out but keep in mind to not overuse DT, especially after the issues we had earlier this season in the league. 2169 receiving yards through 14 games is not acceptable by any standards.

Unfortunately, only 3 games were played this week - we're really on the verge of dying out...
Cougars79
Cougars79
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 376
Swagger : 3
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants

Season 3 - Week 16 Open Empty Re: Season 3 - Week 16 Open

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:44 am
burnum81 wrote:The Redskins blew out the Giants 63-6, with their RB going 28-242 with 4 TDs. I really hope this was an actual user-vs-user game. Note to the Redskins: You do have backups - use them when the game is won. Also, there are ways of running down the clock without completely embarrassing your opponent and running up the score.

Frustrating game for sure. In addition to the blowout, I lost several players due to injury, including Devin Hester out for 7 weeks (season). But I can confirm it was user vs. user.

Not sure why Jumpman didn't sub out Morris or turn off the gas in the 4th quarter, but I will admit that in my frustration I was trying to hit stick any player I can trying to end their season!
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 147
Swagger : 1
LocationNew Orleans La
Fave NFL Team : Saints

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 am
Yeah it was a user game. And I slowed the game down as much as possible. Halfway way through the 3rd quarter I stopped passing the ball COMPLETELY. Even on 3rd and long I ran the ball. As far as stats go, I agree I should have put my #2 HB in the game.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:35 pm
When you want to slow down a game you should also run down the clock. Stay in bounds and let the playclock run down. We all want to have fun in those user-games. Of course we're not all playing at the same skill-level, so I think it's not asked too much of the superior players to ensure their counterparts come out of the game without getting embarrassed. I can completely understand the Giants' frustration. Redskins should have subbed in reserves and run down the clock in 2nd half.
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Madden 11, 25 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 320
Swagger : 4
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Denver Broncos
Fave NCAA Team : UNT Mean Green

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:33 pm
I dont remember how my last game went and why he eclipsed 200 but Meachem did in my game today, trying to test out some new routes with him and see how much he sucks. 10 for 200 IIRC but I tried to spread it around to 3 different guys. Tried to run but got less than 3 ypc so I passed a bit more. Subbed in Johnson at halftime.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:07 am
No matter how you want to justify it - 2169 yds in 14 games speaks for itself...
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Yards : 320
Swagger : 4
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Denver Broncos
Fave NCAA Team : UNT Mean Green

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:19 pm
I know, D in the league is pretty bad. Is it just because I won? I dont remember anyone minding when CJ put up insane numbers.

And last season I put up record numbers and he missed 4 or 5 games.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:32 pm
Has nothing to do with you winning. We've played a couple of times, you've always beaten me fair and square. I know you're a very good player, probably the best in this league. I just want to put an emphasis on keeping it realistic and a WR with 2500 yds per season is not realistic at all.
I wasn't commish in the seasons before this one, so I only started looking at players stats when I took over as commish.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum