American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Done for this year Empty Done for this year

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:06 pm
The league's dead anyway. Nail in the coffin was the Bronco's abuse of DT. His stats last year showed it was apparent anyway.
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Madden 11, 25 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 320
Swagger : 4
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Denver Broncos
Fave NCAA Team : UNT Mean Green

Done for this year Empty Re: Done for this year

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 pm
Its not really abusing him if you don't cover him. Aside from the big catch on a 3rd and long where he took a big hit and flipped in midair and hung on to the ball, any of my receivers would have caught those passes (and had 2-3 TDs instead of 1, they're faster than Beybey).

You lost the game because you threw bad picks and played bad defense. You quit with like a minute left in a blowout after I picked up a first down and ran out of bounds so I could run the clock out after you'd decided to prolong the game with needless time outs. But go ahead and blame it on some WR abuse.

Toodles.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 pm
Who else had a catch besides DT and your FB? Who was supposed to be injured anyway but you quit your CPU game. Yeah games don't magically disappear.

But yeah, toodles.
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
LocationTexas

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:46 pm
I don't know who else had catches, my opponent caught feelings and quit with a minute left in the game. Also you're confused, my FB that got hurt in my CPU game was John Conner. The FB who caught passes in our game was my rookie with 89 speed. Also, if I were quitting a game to erase an injury, wouldn't I rather have a crappy FB hurt than a nice speedy WR?

Either way congrats on trying so hard to manually cover Beybey and still failing. Was adorable to watch and was the main reason I went to him a whopping 6 or 7 times in the game. I hope you will log on and give someone else commish duties, I think others would like to continue playing.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:37 am
Yeah sure do you want the duties?
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:09 am
I don't care who's to blame in this case but in my opinion it's always a no-go to quit on an opponent. Finish the game and sort things out after the game.

Ken, if you want to quit give me commish duties and I'll run the league for the rest of the season so we can at least finish this season. We'll see what happens after that (hopefully EDJ returns eventually). I'm completely unbiased and will try to keep things as fair as possible.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:10 am
Honestly I don't care about losing. My record from prior years show that. I just wanna have fun and I know I'm not that good. This is a Sim league. The balls on this little shit to throw to one guy the whole game and then talk shit is ridiculous. If you're so good then spread it out. Be the big man and play with some integrity instead of padding one guys stats and exploiting the match up as much as you can.

Yeah its my bad for quitting. Its a bitch move but I can't stand players like you. You're good we get it. Don't be a bitch about it
Cougars79
Cougars79
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 376
Swagger : 3
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:26 am
burnum81 wrote:I don't care who's to blame in this case but in my opinion it's always a no-go to quit on an opponent. Finish the game and sort things out after the game.

Ken, if you want to quit give me commish duties and I'll run the league for the rest of the season so we can at least finish this season. We'll see what happens after that (hopefully EDJ returns eventually). I'm completely unbiased and will try to keep things as fair as possible.

Thanks for offering this. I do intend to finish out this season.
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
LocationTexas

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:53 am
Ken wrote:Honestly I don't care about losing. My record from prior years show that. I just wanna have fun and I know I'm not that good. This is a Sim league. The balls on this little shit to throw to one guy the whole game and then talk shit is ridiculous. If you're so good then spread it out. Be the big man and play with some integrity instead of padding one guys stats and exploiting the match up as much as you can.

Yeah its my bad for quitting. Its a bitch move but I can't stand players like you. You're good we get it. Don't be a bitch about it

lol @ bold. And yet you're bitching that I threw to a guy who was open.

You can stop pretending as if I chucked up passes into coverage all game and just exploited his greatness for catches. There was one catch in the game where there was any defender near him when he caught it. The rest were wide open zone catches and a bulk of his yards came on two plays where you should have tackled him for a good gain but whiffed thanks to a poor job on the sticks and they turned into a 75+ yard TD and another 50+ yard catch and run. There's the bulk of his yards right there. He was 6 or 7 of my 18-20 or so targets so it's not like all I did was fire the ball in there to him either.

I don't have any advice to offer you other than to play better defense. You have a guy as good as Beybey in Brandon Marshall and you tried to force the ball to him a ton but he was always covered.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:43 pm
Again you talk about how good you are. We know you're good. I literally don't remember any one else catch a ball besides him, your fb, and maybe a te.

I'm bad, youre good, so try to throw to someone else.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:56 pm
Everyone: Can we please act like adults and just continue?
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
LocationTexas

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:48 pm
Ken wrote:Again you talk about how good you are. We know you're good. I literally don't remember any one else catch a ball besides him, your fb, and maybe a te.

I'm bad, youre good, so try to throw to someone else.

Not a single word I said had anything to do with me being good or not. Just because you're mistaken on how the game went doesn't mean you're right. Too bad you quit or we'd all see. He had 6 or 7 catches out of 20 or so attempts. If you think that's a ton youre sorely mistaken. Sorry you had a bad game and wanna blame someone else.

I'll throw to someone else if my first look isn't open.
Sick_Wid_it12
Sick_Wid_it12
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 161
Swagger : 2
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Texas Longhorns

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:47 pm
I'd love to continue