American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 2: Week 16 Open Empty Season 2: Week 16 Open

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:04 pm
League advances Tuesday night.

It should've been Monday, but I spaced off the advance last night and EA sucks at giving us a web advance. So my bad, we'll extend it a day.

Make sure to get scouting in...next week is the last of your regular season points.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Season 2: Week 16 Open Empty Re: Season 2: Week 16 Open

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:36 pm
Dolphins overcome injuries, beat Bills in snowy Buffalo 31-10.

I was forced to play without my starting QB (Tannehill) and my two best players on defense (Wake & Jordan) but we had a good start and went up 10-0 early. My gameplan was to stop the dangerous Bills rushing attack (he ran all over me in our first meeting this year) and it worked quite well. Spiller broke one long TD run but was held to short gains most of the game. The Bills were forced to pass and my CBs played tight coverage all game, forcing him to either throw it short to the RB or TE or force it into coverage, which led to EJ Manuel throwing 5 INTs.
On offense I had to get creative with my playcalling because of Tannehill's injury. I decided to let Mariota do what he does best and ran a lot of different spread formations. Both Mariota and Lamar Miller were able to break off long TD runs and 3rd down back Mike Gillislee kept some drives alive as well.

On a sidenote, for the first time this season my WRs managed to drop less than 4 balls (although Wallace dropped an easy TD on a long pass).

Bills and Dolphins are now tied at 11-4 heading into week 17 but I think the Bills own the tie-breaker. I have a CPU game Buffalo plays the Cowboys. I hope Mustard returns from his recent hiatus to give him a good opponent ;-)
jacquito69
jacquito69
All-American
All-American
Yards : 311
Swagger : 4
LocationTampa , FL
Fave NFL Team : Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Fave NCAA Team : South Florida Bulls
http://www.pangeamusic.net

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:27 pm
So any scouting points have to be used in regular season?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:42 pm
jacquito69 wrote:So any scouting points have to be used in regular season?
I can't promise anything. I think you get an allotment in the offseason, but can't recall if any points transferred over.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:11 pm
I think they carry over to the offseason. Not 100 percent sure, though.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 147
Swagger : 1
LocationNew Orleans La
Fave NFL Team : Saints

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:51 pm
WOW just lost to the CPU RAMS!
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 147
Swagger : 1
LocationNew Orleans La
Fave NFL Team : Saints

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:26 pm
Onside kicks are WAYY to easy to recover! The computer just beat me by a point! That needs to be fixed! I probably won't make the playoffs now!! But hey give me credit I could've easily quit and gave a bull excuse to why I restarted but I stuck it out! It's whatever! TOUGH LOSS!
whughes
whughes
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 48
Swagger : 0
LocationMichigan

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:06 am
I should've lost to the CPU Ravens. I beat them 31-25 in OT. I had no offense, and 4 turnovers. Only reason I was even in the game is because of my 350 return yards and my defense forcing the Ravens to kick 6 field goals and only giving up one touchdown
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:04 am
I honestly think seeing people lose to CPU is a good sign in general. I'd rather have competitive CPU opponents and maybe lose the occasional game than a crappy CPU that I can blow out every time.

Kudos to Jumpman for playing it out and taking the loss BUT that should go without saying, should be the norm. Restarting games when you're losing is not an option at all in a sim league, unless some very rare instances where you might have a very good excuse.
whughes
whughes
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 48
Swagger : 0
LocationMichigan

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 pm
I think I had like 15 total yards of offense the first quarter. I threw an int on my first 2 possessions. I really wanted to restart, but it's fun to play them out and actually test my skill. See if I can recover from a terrible start
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum