American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1: Week 9 Open

+7
Jjjumpman23
Posky
GoingCommandoAZ
Ken
burnum81
MoneyNades
the_EDJ
11 posters
Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 1: Week 9 Open Empty Season 1: Week 9 Open

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:56 am
SEASON 1: WEEK 9 OPEN

THE_GHOST_1NSIDE will still be on auto-pilot as well while handling some things. Hope all is well sir.
rbal5491 will be on auto-pilot temporarily.
illmatic_216 will be on auto-pilot temporarily.
x--Nike is/was on auto, but he's going to try. He can't make up his mind. scratch 

As week 7's GotW winner (via sim. Sorry Commando), Cougars decides the music video above. Thanks.

Undefeated Teams 49ers 
The only undefeated team that remains is SquirrelHunter and his 49ers. There was a scheduling gaffe between burnum and d-stylez and their game was simmed.

Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears NFC GAME OF THE WEEK NFC Packers Packers Packers Packers Packers Packers Packers Packers Packers
Each team carries 1 loss. This is a huge matchup for an early stake to the NFC North. Shooter has lucked out on some sim wins (Sorry Commando), and the Bears are hoping to avoid a losing streak. A duel between Rodgers and Cutler. A flexing contest between who the better OLB is, Matthews in his 3-4 position as a glorified DE, or Briggs as the stalwart, do everything 4-3 'backer.

NCAA (Scouting) NEWS
The Heisman list has been trimmed down.  The reveal will come Week 15. The Top 5 Finalists will be named next week. And position awards and All-Americans will begin getting leaked out. Sorted in alphabetical order by last name:
PosFirstLastSchoolYear
QBDerekCarrFresno StateSr
RBKenyanDrakeAlabamaSo
QBDevinGardnerMichiganJr
QBTaylorMartinezNebraskaSr
QBAJMcCarronAlabamaSr
RBDe'AnthonyThomasOregonJr
QBLoganThomasVirginia TechSr
RBDevinYoungTennesseeJr

Sliders
 Link

Keep everyone posted on your thoughts about sliders. Recommendations on balancing the gameplay. I know scores are up. Running seams strong, I'll work on lessen the blocking a bit. Pass coverage is seeming difficult to balance, it's either psychic coverage, or wide open.

Rules Link
I've added a discussion thread on rules. A couple things popped up this weekend that wasn't clear. I'd like feedback on the interpretation of those two items. Thanks.

Week 9 advances Sunday night.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Season 1: Week 9 Open Empty Re: Season 1: Week 9 Open

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:43 pm
Jets shut out the Saints 24-0. GG LBJ
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:44 pm
Heisman list is an awesome feature thanks EDJ.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:46 pm
Bump. Added official Game of the Week and fixed the Heisman table gap.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
SCOUTING REPORTS!

This is an absurdly long list of teams without scouting reports written for them. Please take just a couple minutes to recap what you saw in your game. It goes a long way to building rivalries and forcing people to try new plays when your opponent has an idea of any tendencies.

Bills: War Eagle -- New guy, write a report of the Chiefs when you play him. Mission, likewise.
Dolphins: burnum
Bengals: Ghost/Ock -- Been on auto due to a couple life things.
Colts: Kryptonick 
Broncos: Crakajak 
Raiders: Havoc -- I know he's had CPU games, but he's had user games (mission twice)
Packers: shooter 
Panthers: capeman -- auto-pilot still, no games.
Buccaneers: Ecko 
49ers: Squirrel 
Seahawks: Hippo 
Rams: Ani
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:35 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Nice idea with the awards list. How about adding an "Out of Nowhere" award for turning a real-life bum into a huge star on Madden? I know this award doesn't exist in the real NFL but I like the idea. Reminds me a bit of the NBA's Most Improved Player award.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:44 pm
Been scheduling with JJ through PM but he's gone missing for the past day and a half. I'll keep messaging.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:42 pm
burnum81 wrote:Nice idea with the awards list. How about adding an "Out of Nowhere" award for turning a real-life bum into a huge star on Madden? I know this award doesn't exist in the real NFL but I like the idea. Reminds me a bit of the NBA's Most Improved Player award.
I'm open to that idea. If you want, you can create the post after settling on how we should gauge the players.  Maybe setting eligibility to be a 79 rated player or lower or something like that who is having a great year?  Good idea.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:37 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Henderson, Peterson lead Vikings to a W in Dallas
After some disappointing losses where the Vikings looked to be on autopilot (3 sim losses Crying or Very sad ), the 3-4 Minnesota Vikings traveled to Jerry's World to take on the 6-2 Dallas Cowboys badly needing a win to stay competitive in the playoff race with the second half of the season coming up.
Season 1: Week 9 Open 20131001__131002-qb%20cassel_300
Needing some consistency, management decided to turn the ball over to Matt Cassel.  While he did not win the game by any means, he didn't lose it either which is exactly what the Vikings hoped for.
Season 1: Week 9 Open Nfl_u_576x324Season 1: Week 9 Open 151113107
Both teams relied on the run game, as Lance Dunbar stepped in for Demarco Murray very well proving to be shifty and elusive all game running for 120 yards on 17 carries scoring 1 TD.  AP was, well, AP.  He managed 3 runs for 20+ yards going for 153 yards on 10 carries scoring 2 TD's.
Both teams were able to march down the field matching score for score in the first half with a halftime tally of 14 all.  The second half was much of the same seeing the Vikes ride the coat tails of All Day leading to 10 points in the 3rd giving them the 24-14 edge.  After a solid drive from the Cowboys, marching down and scoring on a Jason Witten TD reception, the pressure was on.  Unfortunately the next Vikings drive would stall out forcing a punt with around 3 minutes left in the game.  Only needing a FG for a tie, Dallas found themselves in scoring range and slowly went in for the TD kill, milking the clock in the process.  With 40 seconds left, Romo dropped back and tried to squeeze the ball in to the previously open receiver over the middle only to have Erin Henderson grab his 2nd INT of the day at the 4 yard line allowing the Vikings to finally run out the clock.
Season 1: Week 9 Open Hi-res-180061585_crop_650

Vikings        24
Cowboys     21

Players of the Game

Offense - Adrian Peterson: 10 carries 153 yards 2 TD's, 1 rec 26 yards
Defense - Erin Henderson: 6 tackles, 2 INT's

Great game Mustard.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:24 am
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Chargers lose to the Redskins 30-11.

Not pissed or anything because JJ is the better player no doubt but had some questionable play.

Likes to move safety to the middle presnap, not sure if legal.

Ran screenplay like 4-5 times. Not sure if that's too much.

Threw on me with under a minute left as well up 19.
Posky
Posky
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 439
Swagger : 3
LocationMichigan
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Ok Okst UofM

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:43 am
the_EDJ wrote:
burnum81 wrote:Nice idea with the awards list. How about adding an "Out of Nowhere" award for turning a real-life bum into a huge star on Madden? I know this award doesn't exist in the real NFL but I like the idea. Reminds me a bit of the NBA's Most Improved Player award.
I'm open to that idea. If you want, you can create the post after settling on how we should gauge the players.  Maybe setting eligibility to be a 79 rated player or lower or something like that who is having a great year?  Good idea.
 like some of our undrafted rookies
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:58 pm
Remaining Games:

• Falcons vs Panthers - Auto-Pilot vs Auto-Pilot(CPU)
  • Rams vs CPU
  • Buccaneers vs Seahawks - Nothing posted. Not a surprise based on the two owners.
  • Steelers vs Patriots - Appears both are available after Sunday Night Football.
  • Colts vs CPU
  • Bears vs Packers - Shooter is available later tonight.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 147
Swagger : 1
LocationNew Orleans La
Fave NFL Team : Saints

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:05 pm
Ken wrote:Chargers lose to the Redskins 30-11.

Not pissed or anything because JJ is the better player no doubt but had some questionable play.

All I did was bring one of the safety's closer to the middle of the field. That is legal as long as the safety is in his general area which he was. But you had some questionable play also!! You brung your safeties down to the line of scrimmage in situations where you knew I was running the ball which is ILLEGAL! Your safety cant pass the linebackers! Go read the rulebook! And I ran the screen 3-4 times in different drives. And I do recall Kneeing the ball also! No hard feelings! Good Game!
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:13 pm
Rams survive a battle with the 0-7 Titans to come from behind, and win 28-27 on a last minute TD Drive by Bradford, which culminated with an Isaiah Pead 1 Yard TD run.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:20 pm
Jjjumpman23 wrote:
Ken wrote:Chargers lose to the Redskins 30-11.

All I did was bring one of the safety's closer to the middle of the field. That is legal as long as the safety is in his general area which he was. But you had some questionable play also!! You brung your safeties down to the line of scrimmage in situations where you knew I was running the ball which is ILLEGAL! Your safety cant pass the linebackers! Go read the rulebook! And I ran the screen 3-4 times in different drives. And I do recall Kneeing the ball also! No hard feelings! Good Game!
Lol that's straight bullshit. It mmight've happened once on a double safety blitz. You were passing with like less than a minute left. You had like 2 plays for running. 3 wideohts on one side toss or option counter.
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 663
Swagger : 11
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:55 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Remaining Games:

• Falcons vs Panthers - Auto-Pilot vs Auto-Pilot(CPU)
  • Rams vs CPU
  • Buccaneers vs Seahawks - Nothing posted. Not a surprise based on the two owners.
  • Steelers vs Patriots - Appears both are available after Sunday Night Football.
  • Colts vs CPU
  • Bears vs Packers - Shooter is available later tonight.
I almost take offense. I added the dude on PSN, heard nothing back, I would text, but that option isnt available for this player in 2013.....which is a bit silly.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:13 pm
This whole thread:

Season 1: Week 9 Open X-x-everywhere-meme-generator-drama-drama-everywhere-ea7b40-1-
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:08 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Remaining Games:

EDJ, you can put me on auto-pilot so D-Stylez can just play the CPU.  After SNF is too late for me to start a game.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:16 am
Bears prevail over the Packers with big plays from both teams including a 60 yard bomb from Rodgers to Cobb, and a monster punt return from Hester that should've been a TD, but like I moron I pressed the circle button to high step and spun out of bounds at the 1...GG Squirrel.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum