American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Season 2 - Week 2 Open Empty Season 2 - Week 2 Open

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 pm
Week 2 is now open.  I will advance the week on Sunday (10/6).

Please note that I am out of town this weekend (starting Friday Night) so unless the games are all played by Friday afternoon, the advance won't be until late Sunday even if all the games are done between Friday night and Sunday afternoon.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Season 2 - Week 2 Open Empty Re: Season 2 - Week 2 Open

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:16 am
Illinois is absolutely humiliated by Alabama, 31-0
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:57 am
Central Pennsylvania Reigns Supreme: Philly Still a Shithole

In a battle to determine which part of the state was less shitty, Penn State defeated Temple 43-23 in the Nittany Lion home opener. Squeezed between a plethora of redneck, blue-collar towns, 100,000+ drunk college kids and 45 year old alcoholics braved the harsh rainstorms of the afternoon and came out to Beaver Stadium for an excuse to get bombed.

As usual, Penn State allowed Temple to score almost immediately as Temple scored 1:30 into the ball game for an early lead. Penn State's offense responded sharply, dicing the Owls defense for two 1st quarter scores on passes to Allen Robinson and Kyle Carter, the two leading touchdown grabbers from last season.

Penn State extended their lead further after freshman Justin Butler took a handoff and went 33 yards for a TD, making it 21-7. Temple and PSU exchanged touchdowns before half, going into the locker rooms at 28-14. 

Penn State took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half after another touchdown by Robinson to open the 2nd half. Temple's white QB, who is apparntly a relative of Usain Bolt, ran 88 yards for a TD but it was all too late. Temple would add a safety, and Butler would rush for his 2nd TD of the afternoon to mercifully end the contest, 43-23 PSU.

-Hakcenberg was sacked 5 times but threw for 326 yards and 4TD
-Freshman Justin Butler ran for 72 yards on 15 carries.
-Allen Robinson caught 9 balls for 118 yards and 2TDs
-DT Kyle Baublitz and DE Deion Barnes combined for 5 sacks.

Next up.... Michigan State Desire - Favre
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:22 am
Season 2 - Week 2 Open Headline_News_Logo
Early Week 2 Headlines
Making a Name For Himself

Season 2 - Week 2 Open 10157977-large

New to the AALoA, Head Coach Denham has his Alabama Crimson Tide off to an impressive 2-0 start with victories over two user opponents.  A balanced attacked on offense featuring two QB's and a stifling defense have the #1 team in the country as early favorites to make it to the National Title game.  That defense was on display this week as the Tide held Illinois to 153 total yards on offense (-3 rushing) and forced 5 turnovers) en route to a 31-0 victory.

Lions Roaring Early

Season 2 - Week 2 Open CS_services

Happy Valley is very happy right now as the Nittany Lions are off to a fast 2-0 start following this week's win over in-state foe Temple.  QB Christian Hackenberg, the pre-season First Team All-American QB, is off to a hot sophomore year start as his 326 yards and 4 TD helped lead Penn State to the 43-23 victory.  Hackenberg will get another test next week when Penn State travels to East Lansing to face Michigan State.

Slipping Away

Season 2 - Week 2 Open Medium_jon_gruden_mnf

We are only two weeks in but Coach Gruden can already see his team's season slipping away.  After a grueling 24-21 loss to Ohio State in Week 1, the Bruins played a sloppy game in Washington and got blown out.  The Bruins trailed 28-7 at the half and loss 38-14 as they gave 313 yards rushing to the Huskies.  QB Brett Hundley did pass for 394 yards but his 7 picks thrown would have been too much for any team to overcome.  There is still a lot of season left but things are not starting the way the Bruins would have hoped so Coach Gruden is going to have to find a way to turn things around.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:41 pm
LOL it will be funny when I get fired this offseason. Should be interesting.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:23 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:Maybe I am just behind the 8 ball here, but I found out the hard way last night that there is a limit on your formation subs of 50. After playing Steel and Zach, I went to the internet to find some defensive tips since defense is total trash in this game. I added some plays and was doing formation subs when it said I had reached my limit. So now I gotta reset my subs and just add the more essential ones.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is a counter in the corner of the screen that shows how many formation subs you have remaining (It starts at 50/50).
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:34 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
illmatic_216 wrote:Maybe I am just behind the 8 ball here, but I found out the hard way last night that there is a limit on your formation subs of 50. After playing Steel and Zach, I went to the internet to find some defensive tips since defense is total trash in this game. I added some plays and was doing formation subs when it said I had reached my limit. So now I gotta reset my subs and just add the more essential ones.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is a counter in the corner of the screen that shows how many formation subs you have remaining (It starts at 50/50).
Also, the counter does not reset in the offseason. So in each new season, you have to reset it and start from 50 because it's still counting players not on your roster somehow.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:43 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:
Also, the counter does not reset in the offseason. So in each new season, you have to reset it and start from 50 because it's still counting players not on your roster somehow.
I never even noticed that counter. I made a bunch of kinda pointless subs, like on all my special teams, so I went back to reverse them manually and you can, but it still uses up one of the 50 moves.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:50 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:
the_EDJ wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:
I never even noticed that counter. I made a bunch of kinda pointless subs, like on all my special teams, so I went back to reverse them manually and you can, but it still uses up one of the 50 moves.
Like EDJ said, you basically have to reset the subs each off-season because it will count changes to players that have graduated, etc even though they are no longer on the team.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:58 pm
Ohio state jumps out 21-0 over Utah in the first quarter, then subs in their punter for a freshman kicker, and the game freezes.. Of course, I mean why should I have an easy win over the comp..It didn't completely freeze, but became extremely slow choppy and unplayable...

I start over and same thing happens right after the opening kickoff...

Extremely aggravated I start a 3rd time, and it's better but still very slow, especially after anyone scores a TD... I had to wait like 30-60 seconds after each TD to get the play call screen to come up.. And of course I open up the 3rd game by throwing a pick..

Anyway they gave me a game this time but the Buckeyes prevail 37-20 over Utah.. Just wanted to explain in case anyone wondered why I had 37 restarts...
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:36 pm
Boise StatePhysician's Warning: Smurf Turf Causes HeadachesNebraska
Season 2 - Week 2 Open NCA14PS3_74_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_DXQ
Nebraska overcomes eye sores to thoroughly defeat Boise State. Boise's defense is very sound, but the blue jerseys on blue turf combination made it incredibly difficult to read defenders on the field.  Tommy Armstrong was really, really good with some big time pass plays outside of having to continuously check down to due to great coverage.  If Boise State had a decent QB, the game could've ended differently. But their scrambler was scared to throw and took off almost immediately each time they wanted to pass.

Final Score
Nebraska 38
Boise State 6
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:24 pm
The Hokies beat Mizzous 23-20 on a game winning Field Goal, GG Mustard.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum