American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Are you ok with teh rule changes/clarifications?

0 - 0%
0 - 0%
5 - 100%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 5

Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Rule Changes/Clarifications Empty Rule Changes/Clarifications

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:00 pm
Wassup fellas.  I wanted to propose two rule changes although they are really more so clarifications than changes.

Rule 1: Milking The Clock

Setting your Offensive Tempo to Conservative (aka Milking The Clock) is NOT allowed in the first three (3) quarters in any situation.  You may only milk the clock in the fourth quarter under the following scenarios:

- You are winning by 17 points or more.
- There are only two (2) minutes or less remaining in the game.

Reasoning:  We all know that real teams don't wait until the final two minutes only to milk the clock, however we are playing a video game at 7 minute quarters and not a real game at 15 minute quarters.  We set the clock at 7 minutes to get close to a realistic amount of snaps for each team.  If we wanted to just get the games over with and potentially see more and more drives that eat up an entire quarter we would just set the quarter length to 5 minutes or less.

Rule 2: Replaying Games vs the CPU (due to EA error)

This rule is specifically geared towards games versus the CPU that get interrupted due to EA error, whether that be game freeze, EA Server disconnect or a completed game that does not get registered in the system. 

- If you are in the process of playing your game and the game freezes or you are disconnected from the server then you are allowed to replay the game within the advance time (we will not extend the advance for situations like this).

- If you play the CPU, finish your game and win but the score/game does not get registered by EA you are allowed to replay the game within the advance time (we will not extend the advance for situations like this).

- If you play the CPU, finish your game and lose but the score/game does not get registered by EA you are NOT allowed to replay the game.  The game will be simmed.

Reasoning: We've discussed this before but there are times when the game freezes or you get dropped from the server and have to restart.  I am ok with that.  An issue we've seen this year occur more frequently is games actually getting completed but the results not getting updated/registered in the Dynasty.  My feeling is if you played/completed the game/and won then you should be able to replay the game and not be subjected to a 50/50 chance where you may lose via a sim.  However, if you played the game/completed the game/and lost I don't think it would be fair to get a second crack it for the win.  I feel like the game should be simmed and if you lose then that was the outcome of the game you played and completed anyway (no change) and if you get a sim win then you just got a gift.  This, as many of the other rules, will rely heavily on the trust/honor system.  I'm not going to go in-depth but simply put if you lose don't lie and say the game froze before the end, don't pull the plug before the game ends if you're on the verge of losing, etc.

Last edited by Steel Pitt on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Rule Changes/Clarifications Empty Re: Rule Changes/Clarifications

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:01 pm
Feel free to vote on the rule changes/clarifications noted above.  If you don't agree with these feel free to provide feedback.

Unless there are serious objections to these you can consider them in place as of now.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:10 pm
I'm ok with both. 

I brought this issue up to Steel as I've been experiencing weird problems with my connection/game the past two weeks with my most recent Week 8 game freezing toward the end.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:07 pm
I've lost EA server connections multiple times and the game would still upload afterwards when I sign in again. Has the opposite happened for people?

The rules are fine to me.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:15 pm
the_EDJ wrote:I've lost EA server connections multiple times and the game would still upload afterwards when I sign in again. Has the opposite happened for people?

The rules are fine to me.
I've heard similar accounts from Ken, Ani and illmatic in which they have played and completed a game only to notice that the game results did not register in the Dynasty.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:24 pm
I have updated the rules section.
Sponsored content