American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season Ticket Empty Season Ticket

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:18 pm
Anyone else a Season Ticket subscriber? 

I'll be downloading the game 3 days early and was wondering who may be around to play an online game or two of NCAA Football 14. My subscription will renew around the 7th or 8th of July. Just in time for the early download rights to kick in. There's also the Ultimate Team perks. Which I may let myself get sucked into that nonsense. We shall see.

http://www.easports.com/seasonticket

Season Ticket Easst-cta-free-pdlc-2ACCESS TO OVER $100 OF PDLC
Don’t wait to build your club in Ultimate Team, compete against your friends, or test your skills in weekly global tournaments. With EA SPORTS Season Ticket, get a leg-up on your opponents with access to the following PDLC across all five participating titles:

• 1 Legendary Pack and 24 Pro Madden Packs (over $30 in value)
  • 24 NHL Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
  • 24 FIFA Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
  • 24 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Pin Packs and an Exclusive Golf Club Set
  • 24 NCAA Football® All-American Packs (over $30 in value)

Season Ticket Easst-cta-early-access-23 DAYS EARLY ACCESS
Download your favorite EA SPORTS titles 3 days early and get into the action while your friends are still dreaming of throwing 40-yard bombs or ripping the back of the net. Carry forward your progress and achievements when you buy on launch day to stay ahead of the game.

Season Ticket Easst-cta-pdlc-320% OFF ADDITIONAL PDLCWant to save even more? With EA SPORTS Season Ticket you get 20% off all PDLC available in all participating titles. Get more Ultimate Team packs, more courses, more players and more boosts for your money. If it’s available for purchase, you get 20% off. It’s that easy.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Season Ticket Empty Re: Season Ticket

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:10 pm
I will probably do the season ticket again although I probably won't get a chance to play until the night of the 6th
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:43 am
EDJ do you think I should invest into this?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:31 pm
I won't be getting the Season Ticket.  How early do you get the game?  I guess you'll have to give us the first impressions over the weekend EDJ.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:02 pm
Zach561 wrote:EDJ do you think I should invest into this?
I can't answer that for you. I think it's $25 or $30 per year and automatically renews/charges each year. If you play all of the EA Sports titles, I'd venture to say it's definitely worth it. 

Steel Pitt wrote:I won't be getting the Season Ticket.  How early do you get the game?  I guess you'll have to give us the first impressions over the weekend EDJ.
You get the game for up to 72 hours early (Saturday in this case). Even if you're late to download it, you should still get a full 72 hours with the game I believe. Once the 72 hours is up, you're supposed to either A.) Buy a copy of the game and pop it in; or B.) purchase the rights to the digital version of the game right then and there for $60 to continue playing.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:11 am
Well it looks like the early release will be available at 1pm Friday. I guess I will be taking a half day. Hopefully it doesn't take all day to download.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:57 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:Well it looks like the early release will be available at 1pm Friday. I guess I will be taking a half day. Hopefully it doesn't take all day to download.

I've got a 4 day weekend all lined up.  I'm scrambling to clear the games off my hard drive to make room for the download. Sitting at 90% of the trophies on inFamous. I'm missing 1 stinking blast shard out of 350 that I can't find. But I'm giving up to keep my sanity.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:10 pm
Looking forward to the impressions from you guys tomorrow night hopefully.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:50 pm
I'll just be posting a lot of quick hit notes throughout the day. Leave any questions, or I'll leave the Chatbox open.
I'm starting my annual slaughtering of the Hawkeyes as my first game I'll play.

There's two new defensive playbooks. 4-3 Multiple and 3-4 Multiple make an appearance. I'm intrigued to try them out.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:15 pm
First game impression:
>>Iowa is a pro offense team. I was really caught off guard with their QB pulling out of a read option and taking off. He wasn't fast and my defense didn't react. I like that the CPU used the full playbook. But I wonder why Iowa's Horizontal Offense had the play-call to run a read option like that.

>>With Base sliders on All-American difficulty, I had a heck of a game. Stats below.

>>The camera does some funny things on kickoffs/punts sometimes when the ball is about to be caught or hit the turf.

>>I love the physics and momentum players run with. Play-calling is going to matter a bit more and super-usering a LB or S to run all over the field appears to be dampened a bit.

>>What a difference an elite QB makes from the demo compared to a marginal passer, but great runner in Martinez...

>>There are two new defensive playbooks. 4-3 Multiple and 3-4 Multiple.

>>Can't try NCAA Ultimate Team until Tuesday. bounce 

>>Nebraska's defense is bad (except for the secondary).
>>Nebraska's offense is good (underrated even by EA).

Iowa Hawkeyes at Nebraska Cornhuskers
Jul 5, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Iowa Hawkeyes ()730010
#22 Nebraska Cornhuskers ()0100717
Team Stats Comparison
IOWANEB
Total Offense187292
Rushing Yards116204
Passing Yards7188
First Downs1413
Punt Return Yards1221
Kick Return Yards1669
Total Yards215382
Turnovers22
3rd Down Converstion3/84/7
4th Down Conversion----
2-Point Conversion----
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2 -- 1 - 13 -- 1 - 1
Penalties00
Posession Time13:0610:54
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGIOWANEB
2:23(IOWA) QB #19; 3 Yd run70
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGIOWANEB
2:33(NEB) QB Taylor Martinez; 64 Yd run77
:25(IOWA) Iowa FG107
:00(NEB) Nebraska FG1010
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGIOWANEB
5:42(NEB) RB Ameer Abdullah; 0 Yd run1710
Iowa Hawkeyes
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB #1912/187102
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
HB #4510834.30
QB #197172.41
FB #41166.00
HB #511010.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
TE #864256.20
WR #173279.00
HB #45333.00
WR #112168.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
RG #6301
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
FS #57000
MLB #446000
CB #223010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
K #961/11/1430
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
P #98416641.50
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
WR #2311616.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
WR #2311212.00
Nebraska Cornhuskers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB T Martinez6/118801
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
RB A Abdullah15644.21
QB T Martinez811914.81
RB I Cross5214.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
WR Q Enunwa22512.50
WR K Bell11212.00
WR J Westerkamp12020.00
TE J Long11616.00
RB A Abdullah11515.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
C Cole Pensick10
RT Z Sterup10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
FS C Cooper7000
DT T Randle2100
MLB M Rose5100
CB J Rose3010
CB A Green2010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
K G Schumacher1/12/2523
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
P M Bondi316042.60
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
WR K Bell24723.50
WR J Turner12222.0
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
RB A Abdullah22110.50
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:26 pm
Random: Creating a Custom Playbook I came across a few things I thought were interesting.

There are only four One-Back teams in the game: Alabama; Colorado State; Eastern Michigan; Miami (Ohio).

There are only four Option teams in the game: Air Force; Army; Georgia Tech; Navy

The only Run and Shoot team is SMU.

There are only five Pistol teams in the game: Clemson; Nevada; New Mexico; Ohio; Texas State
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:13 pm
I played two games online today. Both were glitch and cheese free. The first game I was Vanderbilt vs Cal. I won pretty easily as my opponent didn't have much of a running game. I lost my second game in a close one. I was UCLA vs auburn. Auburn has a nice playbook. I didn't enjoy what UCLA had to offer though.
The running game is what has me in love with this game.loving the blocking and all the moves you can make with a good rb. Vanderbilt has a good running game.

One piece of advice: don't leave your corners on an island.they will get burned.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:14 pm
There's a play titled "Counter Read Option" and if your pants don't tighten at the sound of that, then you're either a lady, or this game isn't for you.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:36 pm
the_EDJ wrote:There's a play titled "Counter Read Option" and if your pants don't tighten at the sound of that, then you're either a lady, or this game isn't for you.

LOL
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:37 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:
The running game is what has me in love with this game.loving the blocking and all the moves you can make with a good rb. Vanderbilt has a good running game.

I like the sound of that being a big fan of the run game.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 pm
I guess Aaron Hernandez wasn't removed from the game after his muder charges. Just unlocked him in NCAA Ultimate team via the Nike Trainer. haha
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 am
The reviews haven't been all that favorable but this game isn't definitely EA's best effort this gen. I have read there are some nasty glitches in this game. We may need to wait for a patch.

I Might dive into some RTG tonight. They finally added the ability to set the qtr length.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 am
truth_n_babylon wrote:The reviews haven't been all that favorable but this game isn't definitely EA's best effort this gen. I have read there are some nasty glitches in this game. We may need to wait for a patch.

I Might dive into some RTG tonight. They finally added the ability to set the qtr length.

I'm not too worried about other people's reviews of the games as much (unless its someone here that I've played with/against) as I know everybody's experience and expectations are different.  I'll wait until I get the game to make my own conclusion. 

Now glitches would be an issue.  Luckily we usually wait until the end of August to start the dynasty once a named roster set and the first patch are usually released.

Speaking of impressions, do you have the game early truth?  if so, what do you think of the game so far from what you've played?
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:09 am
I played two games yesterday with the season ticket release. user vs user games will be as fun and intense as ever. Its going to be a real challenge defending a spread option offense against a user who knows what he's doing.

I've been using the zoom camera exclusively. I like being up close to the action but it does have its limitations in regards to seeing the whole field.

I don't know about the ai yet. Maybe I will play some CPU games tonight. I did notice that CBs are very passive at times. A lot of times they are in position to make a play on the ball but instead will just stand there and let the wr catch the ball without any resistance.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:33 am
truth_n_babylon wrote:user vs user games will be as fun and intense as ever. 

I like the sound of that.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:48 pm
Just had an epic game versus the CPU. Went the Teambuilder route and downloaded my Drake Bulldogs that I created.  I then found SteelPitt's Fordham Rams and downloaded them to see what kind of roster he had put together.

I played on All-American Difficulty with default sliders.

GameRank: #1 
Classic Score: #427
Season Ticket Lrg_Fordham_Rams vs Season Ticket Drake-university-logo
OVERALL: 65 - - - 65
OFFENSE: 65 - - - 63
DEFENSE: 66 - - - 66
>>Fordham Rams 14
>>Drake Bulldogs 17

I opened the game dominating and went up 14-0 in the first quarter. Fordham put together an impressive drive and scored in the final 15 seconds of the first half. The TD was set up by a 4th and Long conversion from a fake punt pass (what?!). Drake's rushing game and passing game were in rhythm, and a platoon at QB using a pocket passer and a dual threat worked well to keep the tempo off balance.

The second half opened up and I was driving again with Drake to try and put the game away early. An ill-advised throw turned into an interception though.  The rest of the second half was back and forth. Fordham scored late in the third on a beautiful pass.

In the fourth quarter with 4 minutes left, Drake was just outside FG terriroty and opted to punt and pinned Fordham inside the 15. Fordham's offense couldn't do anything with it and punted it back.  With less than two minutes left, Drake's offense stalled, and against a strong wind, the Kicker came up short on a 53 yard field goal. Fordham takes the ball, and decides to play for overtime with no sense of urgency. Drake forces a punt. With 18 seconds left, 1st year starter Andy Rice delivers a beautiful pass down the right sideline. From there, Rice finds a man open down the middle on a post. Going down with 1 second left, Drake calls their final time out as the announcers exclaim their excitement for overtime. A 42 yard FG as time expires results in a 17-14 win for Drake.

Oddities: 
>>At the end of the first half I threw a bomb deep. The defensive coverage was blown as DB's didn't get deep enough. Had a guy alone down the sideline and a deep post down the middle and lofted the ball up. The deep post ran over and bumped into my streaking WR who still caught the ball. But the bump caused my WR to stumble and ultimately fall down/get tackled from behind. Funny play to watch, but the post should not have reacted in that way.

>>My TE led the team in Pancakes. Kinda strange because he's a stud receiver, but not a great blocker.
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:29 pm
EDJ, in your opinion,  is the game worth buying? I am an Nfl guy but I am getting the football itch after taking about a month off.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 pm
mission8 wrote:EDJ, in your opinion,  is the game worth buying? I am an Nfl guy but I am getting the football itch after taking about a month off.

As an NFL guy, I'd say wait. It's just another month and few weeks away to Madden. I love (LOVE) running all the different option plays/formations, don't get me wrong, but there are not those defining features that differentiate the game.  If you're a fan of NCAA Football or wanting to dive into a different experience with the gameplay, it's a nice diversion, but I would guess you'd burn out quickly.

I like the game. A lot. But it's more of the same really. I'm really hoping EA finds something to re-spark the series on PS4 next year.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:22 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Just had an epic game versus the CPU. Went the Teambuilder route and downloaded my Drake Bulldogs that I created.  I then found SteelPitt's Fordham Rams and downloaded them to see what kind of roster he had put together.

I played on All-American Difficulty with default sliders.

GameRank: #1 
Classic Score: #427
Season Ticket Lrg_Fordham_Rams vs Season Ticket Drake-university-logo
OVERALL: 65 - - - 65
OFFENSE: 65 - - - 63
DEFENSE: 66 - - - 66
>>Fordham Rams 14
>>Drake Bulldogs 17

I opened the game dominating and went up 14-0 in the first quarter. Fordham put together an impressive drive and scored in the final 15 seconds of the first half. The TD was set up by a 4th and Long conversion from a fake punt pass (what?!). Drake's rushing game and passing game were in rhythm, and a platoon at QB using a pocket passer and a dual threat worked well to keep the tempo off balance.

The second half opened up and I was driving again with Drake to try and put the game away early. An ill-advised throw turned into an interception though.  The rest of the second half was back and forth. Fordham scored late in the third on a beautiful pass.

In the fourth quarter with 4 minutes left, Drake was just outside FG terriroty and opted to punt and pinned Fordham inside the 15. Fordham's offense couldn't do anything with it and punted it back.  With less than two minutes left, Drake's offense stalled, and against a strong wind, the Kicker came up short on a 53 yard field goal. Fordham takes the ball, and decides to play for overtime with no sense of urgency. Drake forces a punt. With 18 seconds left, 1st year starter Andy Rice delivers a beautiful pass down the right sideline. From there, Rice finds a man open down the middle on a post. Going down with 1 second left, Drake calls their final time out as the announcers exclaim their excitement for overtime. A 42 yard FG as time expires results in a 17-14 win for Drake.

Oddities: 
>>At the end of the first half I threw a bomb deep. The defensive coverage was blown as DB's didn't get deep enough. Had a guy alone down the sideline and a deep post down the middle and lofted the ball up. The deep post ran over and bumped into my streaking WR who still caught the ball. But the bump caused my WR to stumble and ultimately fall down/get tackled from behind. Funny play to watch, but the post should not have reacted in that way.

>>My TE led the team in Pancakes. Kinda strange because he's a stud receiver, but not a great blocker.

Nice.  Yeah, I transferred a couple of my 13 teams to 14.  I haven't changed the roster templates so I think its still set up to be Texas State or UTSA.  Sounds like a good game though.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 am
Ok, so I just got the game about an hour and a half ago.  I'm working from home so I don't have time to play full games but I threw it in to mess around a little.  Keep in mind I only played two offensive and two defensive series but here are a couple of things I noticed:

- The CPU runs the Read Option much better this year.

- I was controlling the DE and noticed that I was able to re-direct him towards the QB on the Read Option.  Last year it felt like even if you controlled the DE, once it went into the animation that he chased the RB that you couldn't get him to abort even if you wanted him to attack the QB.

- I called I-Form Curls and the CB came out in off coverage.  I threw the ball when my WR was making his break and the CB came up and made the deflection.  Last year, if you called a curl route against off coverage it was a guaranteed 8 yards.

- I threw a crossing pattern to my 250lb TE and started pressing X as the 200lb safety or CB came up for the tackle.  My TE stuck his arm in the defender's chest and plowed forward for an extra 2-3 yards.  That was nice.

Again, keep n mind that this was after only 2 series each so take it with a grain of salt.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:05 am
- I have to get used to pressing R2 again for speed burst.

- I just saw a cool animation.  I had the ball 1st and goal form the 2 yard line.  I gave the ball to my RB on a HB Dive and get ran into the pile and got stuff on the 1 but the play didn't end because he was on his back but on top of a defender.  He regained his footing and scored.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum