American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wolf465
wolf465
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 78
Swagger : 2
LocationAlabama
Fave NFL Team : St Louis Rams/Tennessee Titans
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama Crimson Tide

NFL 2k14 Empty NFL 2k14

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 pm
There's a lot of rumors that since EA's NFL license expires this year that 2k will make another football game. Now 2k5 was and still is my favorite football game, I played it up until the next generation consoles came out.
I still think 2k5 is a better football game than most of the Madden games over the years, so if 2k made another football game today I would easily buy it no questions asked.

What do you guys think? And would AALOA go 2k or stay with Madden?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

NFL 2k14 Empty Re: NFL 2k14

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 am
wolf465 wrote:There's a lot of rumors that since EA's NFL license expires this year that 2k will make another football game. Now 2k5 was and still is my favorite football game, I played it up until the next generation consoles came out.
I still think 2k5 is a better football game than most of the Madden games over the years, so if 2k made another football game today I would easily buy it no questions asked.

What do you guys think? And would AALOA go 2k or stay with Madden?

I bought the NFL 2K game the year they released it for like $19.99 (not sure which version that was). I wasn't really a fan, but perhaps that's because I'm a Madden homer and didn't really give it a chance. I owned Madden at the time so I wasn't as interested in putting Madden down to give NFL 2K extendd play time and it didn't blow me away at first glance.

In short, I probably would just stick with madden rather than buying two NFL games seeing as how I barely have time to play one now. lol
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:06 pm
I didn't enjoy 2k personally. I doubt you'll see a new 2k game right away. There's no way they dedicated resources to develop something they can release instantly. I've played Madden since Kevin Fagan was at DE on the 'Niners. But if there's a strong enough contingent, I could see 2 leagues coexisting simulator how our former member illmatic216 tried to get going.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:43 pm
Old thread I am digging up but I needed a place to vent a little bit since I always seen 2K mentioned on sports and gaming forums I have browsed. I truly think that 2K has been romanticized throughout the years and extremely over-rated. I played the 2K series as well as Madden and Madden was a WAY better game in my opinion. I think a lot of people view 2K as the last real competitor to Madden and people are angry that Madden gained the exclusive rights and formed a football game monopoly. I honestly just never saw any evidence that 2K would ever be better than Madden despite Madden's yearly issues (most of which I think are over-exagerated as well). 

The next few years will be really interesting as far as licensing and sports video games are concerned. I want another product just for the sake of market competition which always motivates companies for a better product when alternatives exist. 

I would actually be more excited if there were to be an arcade-style football game a la NFL Street that could somehow remain competitive, fun, and give multiplayer options for leagues (even if they were small in size). They did a PS3 DLC release of Street a couple years back and I bought it because it was cheap, but that game had serious flaws even for an arcade-style game.
Sponsored content