American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

FAQs and Information Empty FAQs and Information

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:29 am
This is a little FAQ addressing little bits of everything. For those unfamiliar with sim leagues, or those new to the AALoA/GSL community, I will try to address some things that I think many are wondering. If you have any questions or need clarification, please post a reply in this topic. I will then delete your post and add your question into this initial message.

When are we starting?

-We will begin the league at the same time as AALoA. Word on the street is that the first patch will be released around September 11th. After the first patch is released, the league will likely start soon afterward.

What's the deal with pre-season?

We will follow suit with AALoA as far as preseason goes. Me and EDJ briefly chatted about the preseason advances, and it will be quicker than a normal regular season week. My stance is that preseason is more of an optional thing, and we don't want the preseason to drag out the start of the regular season. When it is time, I will make a thread for the Pre-season, but expect preseason week advances to be 48 hours or less, possibly 24 hours for each game.

Do I have to do the weekly practices?

No. This year, there is much more to do on a weekly basis than in years past. Practicing weekly will earn you XP, which can be allotted however you want, but practice itself is optional. If you want the extra XP, practice. If it's not worth it for you, don't practice. The way the XP system is set up, the coaches who do practice will benefit but not too much as to create a super-team or player. As far as I can tell, practice is simulated if not played and some XP is still earned. With 3 games a week, it's totally up to you on whether you want to take the time to practice.

What are the miscellaneous career settings?

Player Progression Frequency: WEEKLY
Coach Firing: OFF
Injury: ON
Pre-exisiting Injury: OFF
Auto Sprint: OFF

What about scouting?

Scouting is also optional and can't be enforced. It looks like when simulated, the CPU will do minimal scouting for you. However, if you want to scout certain positions or traits, it's a good idea to scout weekly. Remember, this is a franchise that will get through many seasons. It's important to build your team with the future in mind, so scouting is a good idea.

Why do I need to provide my phone number?

In short, you don't NEED to, but it makes it a lot easier to schedule games with opponents through text messages. Also, right before an advance, it makes it easy for me to shoot you a text and see if you are in the middle of a game. If I advance the week while a game is being played, the game will be simulated. It is very frustrating to wait on people to play games, and I am not going to the end of the Earth to get ahold of someone. If your phone number is not provided, and if your opponent or myself can not get ahold of you, your opponent will be awarded a game VS the CPU. Texting is only a benefit to everyone, and I really encourage everyone to provide a phone number for opponents.

Recaps/Scouting Reports

These are near mandatory for everyone. I understand that there are times, especially after a loss, where you might want to take some time to vent and cool down. But this is a long season, and what makes this league so much fun is the recaps of games played. Feel free to add your own humor or twist to the game write-up!! Coaches who take the effort to make game recaps ARE given the benefit of the doubt more than others. If i see someone making an effort, I am much more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt when a disagreement occurs or when there is an issue. Aside from adding another layer of fun for everyone, it shows me that you're dedicated. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to do a basic recap. Those 5 minutes go a long way in making this league fun over the long haul and the dog days of the NFL season. DO THEM.

For scouting reports, it is similar. It takes less than 5 minutes to write a few sentences about offensive and defensive tendencies. Everyone has slightly different play styles, and scouting reports take the place of the real-life film room for upcoming opponents.

This sucks, why am I playing the CPU?

First off, please understand I do everything in my power to keep the league full, active, and fun. It's almost a given that someone WILL be booted within the first few weeks. Also understand that it isn't as easy as snapping my fingers to replace owners that get booted. You may experience a CPU/sim game for several reasons.

-Conflicting schedules that don't allow for both opponents to play their game together. This would result in a sim, not a CPU game.

-Your opponent made no effort to schedule a game. You would get a CPU game and your opponent would get a PM asking what the situation was. There is a short tolerance for making no effort to schedule games. I will boot guys who don't try to get their games in, because it ruins the experience for guys who want to play.

-Your opponent was booted previously and I am looking for a replacement. It's not always easy to find replacements. I will do everything I can, but there will be times where you don't have an opponent and are forced to play the CPU

Damn, my game disconnected with my opponent, what should I do?

This is where texting is also practical. Get ahold of each other ASAP. It is up to you to determine what you want to do. If it's in the first half or a close game, just replay the game. If the game is out of hand, concede defeat and let your opponent play the CPU. Contact me ASAP if there is any issue, but since we are grown men I think it's best to let both people involved figure it out.

My opponent is breaking rules, what do I do?
If you think your opponent is breaking rules or playing in a non-sim style, contact them immediately through texting, PSN, or on the forum during the game. Tell them your concerns. Most times it's unintentional and a guy doesn't realize he is doing something wrong and they correct themselves. If it's blatant or persistent, contact me after the game and I will get in touch with both opponents and sort through the issue(s). Each situation is taken on a case-by-case basis.

Possible punishments:
-Probationary period: Similar to a warning. The owner did something questionable and will be closely watched the following weeks.
-Suspensions: A key player or players will get suspended for the next game, or possibly several games.
-Removal: The rules were broken to an egregious extent and the owner is not a good fit for the league, or the owner has been warned and refuses to change his style of play. Let's not let it get to this point!!

Trades: In the next few days I will have a trades guidelines set up in the Trade Block section of GSL. Since the trade deadline is Week 8 this year, trades won't be allowed for anyone in the first 2 weeks of our season. I need to make sure that new owners are dedicated and are going to play a sim-style of Madden. Please understand that I am against strict trade restrictions, but I also have to make sure that new owners aren't going to dismantle their teams then leave/get booted. Everyone needs to have the mindset that you have $500 million invested in the future of your team. So trades that destroy cap space and send off future draft picks will be questioned. Always be ready to justify your actions. Trades must be approved before ever done on the game.
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 241
Swagger : 3
LocationPennslyvania
Fave NFL Team : St Louis Rams
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Lions

FAQs and Information Empty Re: FAQs and Information

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:53 pm
How will free agency be handled?