American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 241
Swagger : 3
LocationPennslyvania
Fave NFL Team : St Louis Rams
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Lions

EA is awesome... Empty EA is awesome...

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:37 pm
I got banned from the ea madden forums today for posting my impressions on madden 13! I make a thread with the following below and it gets deleted in under a minute, I make the same thread again thinking it was a mistake, deleted in seconds... so I post it in the official game feedback thread they have going on and I get banned from the forums.

Heres the post the got me a life long ban from the ea forums.... This company is awesome

I been loyal buying each summers madden since 2003 and I can honestly say this is the worst in the series. Whoever had the idea to remove franchise mode, fantasy draft, create a team and more deserves to be fired. The new engine is the only thing going for this game because I enjoy laughing at how bad it really is. I'm a Rams fan and like to tank up the middle running the ball with Steven Jackson. However soon as my jersey touches anyone on my team I get bumped on the ground instantly. I think my o-line gets more tackles than the defense this year. Equally I get enjoyment out of throwing backward passes on wide receiver screens and watching my corners trail yards behind receivers no matter if it's man or zone and every curl route the wr seems to slip through a tackle. However all that's worth it to see touchdown celebrations walk through the bleachers, kicks go right through the net and the clown act of everyone tripping over each other. This game feels like a beta in its current state and for the first time in madden history I feel ripped off. I really wish I could return this game for full price... EA I hope your nfl license expires soon
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

EA is awesome... Empty Re: EA is awesome...

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:47 pm
Wow, they banned you?? I've been on the EA Forums and all I see are millions of similar messages and threads. EA is gonna have some staff leave on disability for wrist and finger injuries from deleting so many users lol.

I wish they would have just kept everything but also added CCM, instead of deleting everything else. It's pretty shitty that 2 people can't play from the same system in a season, or do fantasy drafts and edit rosters. I don't even think you can create a player and use him in CC.

I agree with the run game. I am a Falcons fan and my offensive line has more tackles than the defense. Turner is a beast and gets knocked back by invisible hit sticks every other play. The holes close quickly and any contact with an offensive linemen makes your RB basically stop all momentum. Instead of pushing the linemen out of the way or falling forward on them, it's like the RB hits a brick wall. Doesn't help that the juke move slows your guy down considerably and is hardly effective. I am hopeful about the first patch but I know there's certain things they can't fix. Hopefully we can toy with the sliders in the next couple weeks and see if we can get things as realistic as possible.
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationPennslyvania

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 pm
Yep banned... I don't even understand what I did besides provide negative feedback but I guess that's enough. It's not like I post on the official ea forums ethier that was my 5th post ever I believe.

What I'm bummed about is the fact I am going to have to go back to madden 12 for everything minus quick matches. I loved doing fantasy drafts in franchise and thats gone. Coach mode sucks since you can only pick plays and the computer does the rest and player mode is only controlling one side of the ball and one single player.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:19 pm
What do you mean with coach mode?? Coach mode is exactly like having a team in an online franchise last year. You are coach/player/GM, the rosters just aren't as customizable.
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationPennslyvania

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:29 pm
I only tried it offline once and I was stuck calling the plays then the computer would simulate it in real time
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 pm
Work on the settings. Turn CPU assist features like auto-signings and more off. Coach Mode is franchise mode through and through.

None of this info is new, People have been "outraged" all summer for the lack of a fantasy draft. For once EA gets something right by actually trying something new, and instead of getting blasted for relying on the same 'ol same 'ol they're getting blasted for a brand new mode built from the ground up to cater to 32 live people.

This is not me jumping on the EA bandwagon. I'm plenty critical on them. Check out any of my NCAA complaints. But Josh Looman said it right. Most years there's one feature that improves the game. This year, there's 3. Instead of just relying on a new announcing team, they added Connected Careers and real time physics. They also improved MUT even more if you're into that thing.

I'm loving the game play. Juke moves SHOULD slow you down and I find it realistic and satisfying because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's not something you can expect to work. And what makes the game so great. There is a balance to it. Everything has a counter. There is no way you should be able to juke and maintain full speed. I'd say agility/acceleration ratings should affect you even more when you change direction while trying to run.

Yes there has been a couple glitches. It's not EA's complete fault that we're beta testers for their product. Every tech company is making us lab rats.

But the real time physics have changed the game for the better, and will only get even better. EA deserves some credit here. Madden 10, 11, and 12 were much the same. Madden 13 offered something new.
jacquito69
jacquito69
All-American
All-American
Yards : 311
Swagger : 4
LocationTampa , FL
Fave NFL Team : Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Fave NCAA Team : South Florida Bulls
http://www.pangeamusic.net

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:35 pm
I have to agree almost completely with EDJ, even though I think a fantasy draft option wouldn't be a terribly hard thing to add back into the game and I'm not quite as satisfied with the overall gameplay as off yet. But it's def plenty of improvements in the right direction and little things in MUT and on the GM/management side of the CC mode that I really appreciate. We started a test lg for players only with a few buddies in bfsl and I love it, it's a mix of the old superstar and a RPG game- so realistic and for the hardcore gamer/ football fan, which all players in all those leagues I played over the last few years would & should really enjoy and appreciate.

As far as EA and the quick deleting and the "ban-hammer" goes, I'm not surprised at all, they've been known for doing that and trying to preserve a clean and pro-EA forum, there's really no room for criticism in the slightest way from my observations. You'd have to hide it inside a lot of praise to get away with the smallest hint of a critic on an EA-product.

Hey , just know they will never give U a "perfect" game because then there wouldn't be anything for them to do on a yearly basis except a roster update. only way that anything would change is if everybody or at least a lot of ppl would wait for the first patch to buy the game rather then the midnight release or the first day of sale. Something like that would send a clear consumer message. Not to sound harsh , but I always tell my friends and fam, don't complain about something if U not willing to do something about it and at least U tried to give EA some feedback, but that might just have been the wrong approach or not draconian enough! Wink
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 am
I mean if I had the choice between EA choosing between online guys and non-online guys, I'd choose online guys since all I do is play in sim leagues. But the bigger picture, aside from just the things I care about, is that EA took out A LOT of customization from the game which I hope can either be patched in (doubt it) or brought back next year. I am hoping and assuming things like the fantasy draft were scratched because they wanted to play it safe and make sure CCM worked and more than likely ran out of time to implement everything that they wanted.

As far as the run game, yes juking should slow you down. There are also plenty of times in an NFL game where a running back jukes a linebacker in space or in the hole and gains an extra 10 yards which doesn't happen. Like squirrell was saying in chat the other night, I wish there were 2 different jukes like there used to be. One like the current juke and another one (used to be L1, R1) where the RB just side steps when trying to press a hole. The juke is the same thing every time and really pissing me off. I want to juke a little to hit a hole in fall forward and end up hitting a linemen who somehow flattens me.

My take on the physics engine is that it's an arrow pointed in the right direction, but didn't quite hit the bullseye. Which is good for the franchise as a whole, and better than last year, just not quite where it needs to be. I couldn't care less about post-play animations, but particularly with the run game I felt like the collisions were just unrealistic. WAY too many times my 240 pound running back is getting put on his ass. It's nearly impossible to do to Turner regardless of how you hit him, let alone if you don't square your shoulders up. I'd really like to see RBs FALL FORWARD more often.

I also see offense getting way out of hand this year. After the first season, I think games are gonna be scorefests.

I guess that's just some ranting I've got on the game, and I've always been a huge Madden defender and fanboy.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum