American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Allen425
Allen425
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 28
Swagger : 1
LocationAtlanta Georgia
Fave NFL Team : Philadelphia Eagles
Fave NCAA Team : UGA Bulldogs

NFL 1st Round Mock Draft 1.0 (Post-Combine) Empty NFL 1st Round Mock Draft 1.0 (Post-Combine)

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:29 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
1. Cleveland Browns - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

I've seen reports that Hue Jackson would rather sign A.J. McCarron instead of drafting another Rookie QB. If the front office was going to allow Hue to trade for A.J. McCarron i don't see how they will force another Rookie QB on Him. With the QB of the "future" under contract they will take the best player available. Now for Saquon Barkley, I thought he was going to be a top 4 pick before the combine. After that combine performance, i believe he is the best player in this draft and the browns draft him number 1.

2. New York Giants - Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame

The Giants could very well go QB here, however i do think the giants want to give Eli Manning a couple more years, and personally i kinda liked Davis Webb coming out of college. I think they could have there QB of the future on the roster right now. They NEED to protect Eli if they want to have any success in the NFC east. The Superbowl Champions, Philadelphia Eagles have one of, if not the, best front 7 in the NFL. They Draft Quenton Nelson to help Eli Manning.

3. Indianapolis Colts - Bradley Chubb, EDGE, NC State

Besides drafting a QB or trading back in the draft, there is only one other way to impact a franchise as much as those two. That's a premiere pass rusher that the offence has to scheme around. Chubb only solidified him self as a top 3 draft pick with his combine performance. Not much else to say.

4. New York Jets(Via Trade Browns) - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

The Jets loose out on the Kirk Cousins sweep stakes to the Vikings. With that said the Jets take advantage and trade up 2 spots in front of the Broncos and take Josh Allen. Before the combine i was seeing reports that the jets front office well in love with Josh Allen just off of tape. At the combine, i feel like he had the most impressive showing of all the QB's

5. Denver Broncos - Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Even though the Jets traded up to get Josh Allen, i still think the broncos got the QB they wanted from the start. Sam Darnold as close as the broncos can get to Peyton Manning. WAIT! before you freak out, I'm not saying Sam Darnold is the next Peyton Manning. Darnold is the most level headed, forget the bad plays and move on QB in this years draft. If the broncos want to push for another SB while they still have a great defense, they should target Sam Darnold.

6. Cleveland Browns(Via Trade Jets) - Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama

This is the dream scenario for the Browns. They are able to take who i believe is the best player in the draft in Saquan Barkley at 1, Trade back to acquire even more draft capital for next year, as well as draft the best Defensive player in the draft. The Browns can have Minkah play center field and move Jabrill Peppers to more of a box Safety. Now Cleveland has something very similar to that of Seattle.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

CB isn't necessarily a NEED right now but i don't see Tampa reaching for an OL as well as another team trading up for this pick. Denzel Ward had a fantastic combine and has shot up draft boards, he ran a blazing 4.32 40 yard dash. CB is going to a position of need in the near future with Brent Grimes getting older, so why not address is now. A player like Ward would be able to line up with Hargreaves, that would be a pretty good combination.

8. Chicago Bears - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

The bear are kinda in the same vote as Tampa Bay, they wanted an Quenton Nelson but they can't reach for one with the 8th pick in the draft. However they do draft one hell of a LB. He very well could be the next Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, and/or Brian Urlacher. Oh and by the way...he's only 19 years old. 

9. Buffalo Bills(Via Trade 49ers) - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

49ers wanted 4 different players Saquon, Minkah, Ward, or Nelson, they miss out on all three and trade back yet again. The Bills Trade up to get the most NFL ready QB in this draft. The only knock on Rosen going into the combine was his durability and is personality. Everything I'm hearing now is teams were very impressed by Rosen in the meetings. I don't think they trade up to get Baker Mayfeild.

10. Oakland Raiders - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia 

The raiders NEED LB help pair Roquan Smith with Bowman, and have him learn from one of the NFL's best LBs. That's going to be a bulls-eye for Jon Gruden's first draft back with the raiders. Roquan has instincts you can't teach a player. hes going to be one of the NFL's top LB

11. Arizona Cardinals(Via Trade Dolphins) - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

The Cardinals Trade up and land the Heisman QB from Oklahoma. Baker "fell" to number 11 because he was cocky at the combine, and of course his off the field issues. Personally i think baker is going to be a great player in this league but those issues will make him "fall".

12. Cincinnati Bengals - Connor Williams, OT, Texas

So after letting Andrew Whitworth go last off season, they need to address the OT position. Before the combine i would have had Orlando Brown here but he didn't preform well. I still think Brown will be a day 1 starter but the Bengals want someone to be a bit more athletic. 

13. Washington Redskins - Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

After trading Kendall Fuller the Redskins need a CB that can fill his role. Josh Jackson is the best zone CB in this years draft, and the Redskins love to play zone. its a perfect fit for the Redskins.

14. Green Bay Packers - Marcus Davenport, EDGE/OLB, UT-San Antonio

The packers need an OLB/EDGE guy, Davenport isn't necessarily an OLB but after that Combine performance, teams that run a 3-4 like the packers are going to try and have him stand up. He's drawing comparisons to Jadeveon Clowney with his athleticism.

15. Miami Dolphins(Via Trade Cardinals) - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

I absolutely think the Dolphins will trade Jarvis Landry before the draft in late April. With Jarvis gone the dolphins look to replace him with a younger, taller and more athletic WR with Calvin Ridley. 

16. Baltimore Ravens - Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

He might not be athletic but he's still going to be great tackle in this league for year to come. Baltimore need another tackle, this pick just makes to much since to me.

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Vita Vea, DT, Washington

Vita Vea is a top 10 talent in any draft class, and the chargers get a steal here at 17. Chargers were 2nd to last in the NFL in run defense, Vita will blow up blockers on the run if you don't double him.

18. Seattle Seahawks - Derwin James, S, Florida State

Good-bye Earl Thomas and hello Derwin James. After all the reports of Earl wanting out of Seattle, i just can't see him sighing with them this off season. He had one of the best combine performances of all the DBs. Derwin James would be a great replacement for Seattle, they wont have to change much of anything on defense. Just plug him in and play.

19. Dallas Cowboys - Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

Demarcus Lawrence was help to only 4 sacks in the final 8 games of the season after teams started scheming for him. With Payne you dont just get a stop gap guy, you get someone that can help rush the passer. This should take some pressure off Lawrence.

20. Detroit Lions - Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

Harold played for new Lions defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni in college. the lions need someone on the other side of Ansah and Harold is the best EDGE guy left on the board.

21. San Francisco 49ers(Via Trade Bills) - Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

The 49ers missed out on Ward but they manage to grab Mike Hughes. Mike had a very good combine and impressed a lot of scouts. so scouts are even moving him above Josh Jackson, so he might even go higher than 21.

22. San Francisco 49ers(Via Trade Bills) - Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Carlos Hyde isn't the RB that the 49ers want next to Jimmy G. This is the second 2nd pick the 49ers got from the bills for trading the 9th pick in the draft. This this trade the 49ers hit yet another home-run with this years draft.

23. Los Angeles Rams - Adren Key, EDGE, LSU

After trading Robert Quin to Miami, they will look to will that whole with Adren Key. Its a bit a a reach but i a lot scouts say he has some major upside.

24. Carolina Panthers - Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

The Panthers have to do a better job with protecting Cam Newton. Ever someone as big a Cam needs to limit the amount of times he gets hit. Mike Is a talented OT, and should be able to help Cam stay up right and in the pocket longer.

25. Tennessee Titans - Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

I Like Isaiah Wynn from Georgia better than Hernandez, however after the combine he had. He is climbing up draft boards and the titans seem to be one of the teams that loved what he did at the combine. The titans gave up 10 sacks in the playoff last year, 5 more than any other team. if they want to go deeper in the playoffs they HAVE to fix the OL.

26. Atlanta Falcons - Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia 

Its obvious the falcons need help at the OG position. They were using a DT at OG in some cases last year. They desperately need an OG and they just so happen to get the who i believe to be the 2nd best OG in the draft. Despite  The best player OG available at this time just so happens to 

27. New Orleans Saints -  Lorenzo Carter, EDGE/OLD, Georgia

Carter has most like made one of the biggest climb up scouts draft boards. At 6'6 250LBs Lorenzo ran a blazing 4.50 40 yard dash, hes compared to his former Georgia bulldog teammate Leonard Floyd. Floyd however was 10 bounds lighter and and only ran a 4.60 40 yard dash. The saints get a Raw talent with huge upside.

28. Pittsburgh Steeliers - Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama

This one it pretty self explanatory really. Ryan Shazier is going to miss at least next year, and the Steeliers desperately need LB help. They could go after the LB from Boise State but i feel like the Steeliers like the Alabama Back ground more from Evans.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

With Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee going to free agency, the Jaguars draft Sutton from SMU. He has great size at 6'4 and is outstanding at running routes. I think he had the best Combine as far as route running as anyone in the entire draft.

30. Minnesota Vikings - James Daniels, C/OG, Iowa

Minnesota needs a RG and James can fill right end, he can play all 3 interior OL. so if they want they can move some people around and find the best fit to keep there new QB Kirk Cousins Clean in the pocket.

31. New England Patriots - Leighton Wander Esch, LB, Boise State

Patriots grabs a nice height, weight, speed guy that can cover backs out of the back field and line up on TEs. The way the LB got exposed by the eagles in the Superbowl i dont think they can afford Dont'a Hightower to go down with another injury.

32. Philadelphia Eagles - D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

i do believe the Eagles let Torrey Smith walk in free agency. This is to early to draft D.J. Chark but they draft the other D.J. and the next best Combine Performer of the WRs D.J. Moore. He should fill in nicely for Torrey Smith and then some.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first ever mock draft, i would love feed back good and bad. If you think a team should have made a different pick, let me know ill be sure to keep it in mind for my 2.0 draft. My 2.0 draft will include a 2nd round as well. but i wont explain the pick like i did in the first round.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

NFL 1st Round Mock Draft 1.0 (Post-Combine) Empty Re: NFL 1st Round Mock Draft 1.0 (Post-Combine)

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:34 pm
#01.) Browns QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma vs mock RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State

#02.) Giants RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State vs mock LG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame

#03.) Jets (via trade) QB Sam Darnold, USC vs mock Colts OLB Bradley Chubb, NC State

#04.) Browns CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State vs mock Jets (via trade) QB Josh Allen, Wyoming

#05.) Broncos Edge Bradley Chubb, NC State vs mock Broncos QB Sam Darnold, USC

#06.) Colts (via trade) LG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame vs mock Browns (via trade) S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama

#07.) Bills (via trade) QB Josh Allen, Wyoming vs mock Buccaneers CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State

#08.) Bears MLB Roquan Smith, Georgia vs mock Bears MLB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech

#09.) 49ers OT Mike McGlinchey, Note Dame vs mock Bills (via trade) QB Josh Rosen , UCLA

#10.) Cardinals (via trade) QB Josh Rosen, UCLA vs mock Raiders MLB Roquan Smith, Georgia

#11.) Dolphins S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama vs mock Cardinals (via trade) QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

#12.) Buccaneers (via trade) DT Vita Vea, Washington vs mock Bengals OT Connor Williams, Texas

#13.) Redskins DT Da'Ron Payne, Alabama vs mock Redskins CB Josh Jackson, Iowa

#14.) Saints (via trade) Edge Marcus Davenport, UTSA vs mock Packers OLB Marcus Davenport, UTSA

#15.) Raiders (via trade) OT Kolton Miller, UCLA vs mock Dolphins (via trade) WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama

#16.) Bills (via trade) LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech vs mock Ravens OT Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

#17.) Chargers S Derwin James, Florida State vs mock Chargers NT Vita Vea, Washington

#18.) Packers (via trade) CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville vs mock Seahawks S Derwin James, Florida State

#19.) Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State vs mock Cowboys DT Da'Ron Payne, Alabama

#20.) Lions C Frank Ragnow, Arkansas vs mock Lions Edge Harold Landry, Boston College

#21.) Bengals C Billy Price, Ohio State vs mock 49ers (via trade) CB Mike Hughes, UCF

#22.) Titans (via trade) MLB Rashaan Evans, Alabama vs mock 49ers (via trade) RB Derrius Guice, LSU

#23.) Patriots (via trade) LT Isaiah Wynn, Georgia vs mock Rams DE Arden Key, LSU

#24.) Panthers WR D.J. Moore, Maryland vs mock Panthers OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

#25.) Ravens (via trade) TE Hayden Hurst, South Carolina vs mock Titans OG Will Hernandez, UTEP

#26.) Falcons WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama vs mock Falcons OG Isaiah Wynn, Georgia

#27.) Seahawks (via trade) RB Rashaad Penny, SDSU vs mock Saints Edge Lorenzo Carter, Georgia

#28.) Steelers S Terrell Edmunds, Virginia Tech vs mock Steelers MLB Rashaan Evans, Alabama

#29.) Jaguars DT Taven Bryan, Florida vs mock Jaguars WR Courtland Sutton, SMU

#30.) Vikings CB Mike Hughes, UCF vs mock Vikings C James Daniels, Penn 

#31.) Patriots RB Sony Michel, Georgia vs mock Patriots LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State

#32.) Ravens (via trade) QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville vs mock Eagles WR D.J. Moore, Maryland
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum