American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2017 Season: Draft Stories Empty 2017 Season: Draft Stories

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:05 pm
Throughout the season, different prospects will be highlighted for their play or story.  I'll try and keep up on them here.  We should all know by now that the Heisman winner will be a Superstar dev.  But sometimes it's funny to see an Olympian's child, or someone fresh off the boat trying out for football.

Week 3

Legendary Roots
Oklahoma WR Jameill Carlson can trace his roots back through football history.

Heath Evans @HeathEvans
One player I like to watch on Saturday is Jameill Carlson. He has a deep understanding of the game and it shows.

Week 4

Skipping Practice
Despite being removed from the team for missing practices, WR Russ Bowles still plans to enter the draft at the of the year.

Heath Evans @HeathEvans
Practice? We're talking about practice? Russ Bowles forgets this isn't basketball. These practices matter.

Week 5

Say a Prayer
The play of the week came from Michigan St. QB Simon Wood.  A well timed Hail Mary landed perfectly in his receivers hands giving Michigan St. a win this week in amazing fashion.

Heath Evans @HeathEvans
Simon Wood's throw last night only furthers my case for him being the best QB in this year's class.

Week 6

Rushing Nightmares
With thanks to LB Erick Crayton, Texas A&M is allowing the least amount of rushings a game this season.

Todd McShay @ToddMcShayEA
Eric Crayton is one of the best linebackers in college right now at stopping the run.

Week 7

No news.

Week 8

Sacked!
Idaho State MLB Christopher Underwood can't end his series of lackluster performances and draft experts take notice.

MarkSchlereth @markschlerethea
Hearing that several scouts are concerned with the recent play of Underwood. Being told some believe he's playing through nag...

Week 9

Head to Head
Perry Shepherd kicks it into overdrive, leaving his competition in the dust.

Todd McShay @toddmcshayea
Even in a loss, Taran GoLucky is the more complete back.  He's still the #1 RB on my board with Pery Shepherd #2.

Historic Day for SS
DB Curry Doyle is seeing his draft stock rise after setting the team single game interception record with three.

Matt Miller @mattmillerea
If you're an NFL team looking for secondary help, you need to do everything possible to make sure you draft Doyle.

Week 10

Head Scrathcher
LA Tech FS Austin Rafferty struggles to find consistent success that was expected at season's start.

Week 11

No news.

Week 12

Grounded
The top WR prospect in the game Quinston STark shattered his collarbone.  This injury puts his draft status up in the air.

Draft boards turned upside down today with the news of Stark's collarbone injury.

Week 13

Sacked!
DT Lorenzo Richards was a monster for Notre Dame this year, setting a record for the most sacks in a season with 21 total.

Ross Tucker @rosstuckerea
Richards deserves a lot of credit. Some of those sacks came off of double team blocks and pure effort.

Week 14

Captain Clutch
LSU DT Willis Arnold records 3 sacks in a late season win. Draft stock is soaring.

Willis Arnold terrorized the offensive line this past week. Taking advantage of late season tired legs, or he has he kicked it into another gear?

Week 15

Blackstock Wins Heisman
Lee Blackstock won the Heisman vote by a landslide. He was a playmaker in college, playing both receiver and corner.

Peter Schrager @peterschragerea
Shout out to my playmaker out there, Lee Blackstock. You attained something I never did.

Week 16

Week 17
Wildcard
Divisional 
Conference Championships

No news.

Super Bowl

MVP! MVP!
Jose Banks wins College All-Star Game MVP, rushing for over 100 yards and 2 TDs.

Peter Schrager @peterschragerea
Was a pleasure Coaching Jose Banks at the All-Star game. He has a bright future at the next level.

If you look at the LT class this year, it's clear that Carrington made a case for being placed at the top of the list.

All-Star Surprise
Filling in for an injured player, Lindsey Simmons surprised everyone at the All-Star game.

Simmons came out of nowhere at the All-Star game. He just shot up my draft board and I'm sure everyone else's too.

Poor Taclking at All-Star Game
MLB Anton Bryson had the most missed tackles at the All-Star Game.

Heath Evans @heathevansea
I was high on MLB Anton Bryson, but his tackling was horrible in the All-Star Game.

Combine / All-Star Games

Smooth Running
FS Jordunn Faggins showed off his quickness and fluid hips at the Combine, proving that he could work well in zone coverage.

After watching Jordunn Faggins's Combine tape, I'm confident he can physically and mentally handle an NFL defense.

Combine Report: RB Class
Running a sub 4.75 at the Combine doesn't bode well for RB Taqwaun Beckum.

Taqwaun Beckum just doesn't have the burst an NFL back needs to make plays.

Still Invited
A last minute addition to the All-Star game, UAB LE Aleon Wilson made a strong case for being drafted after a great performance.

Charles Davis @charlesdaviseaA league source told me that All-Star rosters have expanded this year, leading to guys like Wilson to be late additions.

Pro Day

Better Than Advertised?
LB Kent Malone's Pro Day helped improve his draft stock, as he looked more like an NFL caliber linebacker.

Mark Schlereth @markschlerethea
One LB I like is Malone out of Virginia. Still raw, but looking better every week.

Poor Pro Day
QB Sparks has an awkward throwing motion and no amount of training in the offseason has helped him improve it.

That extra half a second Austin Sparks needs to release the ball is the difference between a completion and a sack in the NFL.

The Next Star on the Line?
RT Manny Person looks ready for the NFL based on his display at the Pittsburgh Pro Day.

Manny Person looked outstanding at Pro Day. Can you say 1st Round?

Last edited by the_EDJ on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:48 pm; edited 10 times in total
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

2017 Season: Draft Stories Empty Re: 2017 Season: Draft Stories

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:52 am
Super Bowl News added.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:47 pm
Combine / Pro Day / All-Star Games related news added.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum