American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

AALoA NHL Commish: the_EDJ

View previous topicGo downView next topic
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 7205
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Madden NFL 18 Hype Train

on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:33 pm
Keep in mind the Hype Train is still firmly in the station.  But the conductor has started his pre-departure checklist. Last year, we didn't hear anything about Madden until May. Things usually started getting teased around late March or early April, near draft time.

Pre-Orders

*You really shouldn't pre-order games. It's a bad business model. But I understand we're all gonna buy the game anyway.
Madden 18 Standard EditionMadden 18 G.O.A.T. Edition
PSN Store: $59.99PSN Store: $79.99
Amazon: No Physical Copy For Sale YetAmazon: Not Yet
> 1 Elite MUT Player of Choice> 1 Elite MUT Player of Your Choice
> 5 MUT Squad Packs> 12 MUT Squad Packs
> G.O.A.T. MUT Player
Elite MUT Choices:Sammy WatkinsTerrell Suggs> MUT Uniform Pack
JJ WattVon MillerEzekiel Elliott> MUT 2,500 Contracts
Jordan HowardJulio JonesDavid Johnson> Madden NFL Theme
Jarvis LandryAJ GreenAndrew Luck> 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS!
Justin HoustonOdell Beckham JrMatthew Stafford
Luke KuechlyAaron DonaldJulian EdelmanG.O.A.T. MUT Player Choices:
Jamie CollinsBlake BortlesPhilip RiversTom Brady
Carson WentzAaron RodgersDrew BreesBarry Sanders
Carlos HydeMuhammad WilkersonAntonio BrownRay Lewis
DeMarco MurrayAmari CooperJordan ReedDeion Sanders
Xavier RhodesJameis WinstonRichard ShermanJerry Rice
*I turned on Madden to see what the Bears roster would look like with...sigh...Mitchell Trubisky at QB.  The front page had a link for 10% a pre-order of Madden 18 from the PSN Store.  Pretty good deal.

Previews

YouTube: GoodGameBro  |  New Frostbite Engine
Operation Sports  |  Dissecting the Madden Features Revealed
PastaPadre  |  Online Team Play Linked to MUT?
Reddit  |  Official Online Team Play Announcement from Jake Stein
YouTube: EA Sports  |  Longshot Trailer
Operation Sports  |  WR/DB Matchups Are In Game
Operation Sports  |  WR/DB Control Scheme
Operation Sports  |  Off-ball Injuries Are In Game

Reviews

Last edited by the_EDJ on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:15 pm; edited 7 times in total

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA CommishPSN: the_EDJtwitch: the_EDJMadden League: Chicago BearsDestiny: Warlock Lvl 40 400 Light
Destiny: Hunter Lvl 40 400 Light
Destiny: Titan Lvl 40 400 Light
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Re: Madden NFL 18 Hype Train

on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:36 pm

Per Operation Sports, EA announced Madden will transition to their proprietary Frostbite Engine.  This is what FIFA uses already, and most, if not all EA games will incorporate it at some point.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA CommishPSN: the_EDJtwitch: the_EDJMadden League: Chicago BearsDestiny: Warlock Lvl 40 400 Light
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Thu May 18, 2017 12:40 am
Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal
Operation Sports
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  09:46 AM - May 13, 2017 by MMChrisS
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Click Here For Article:
All aboard the Madden hype train!

We've officially started the slow ramp up to a new season of Madden NFL, as the first details (and footage) of Madden NFL 18 hit the wild yesterday. The inclusion of Tom Brady as the cover athlete is a bold move -- but ultimately cover athlete's importance is probably waning quite a bit.

What is important are the details which were revealed about the game. Here's my quick breakdown:

• Target Passing, who knows? This could be a major, major thing or a gimmicky feature like the passing cone. My question is how much is it forced upon players? My second question is, regardless, how good and effective is it going to be? I'm full wait and see on this one.
  • Frostbite Engine looks good. If nothing else, the trailer really sells that Madden is taking a pretty solid step ahead visually. The lighting and stadiums are a solid step ahead. It seems like some details weren't included in the trailer (did you notice the barren sidelines?). Animations and players look similar, but overall the game will likely look a bit better this year versus prior years.
  • The Play Styles Totally Are for eSports. I mean, there's no confirmation of this, but its pretty clear the Madden team is wanting to grow that segment of the audience and a play style fully focused on 'Competitive' will do that. Most OS'ers are looking at Simulation and hoping for the best. So am I.
  • Franchise mode isn't getting anything big. The description adds nothing new and is an overview of the mode as we know it. I have a feeling the Frostbite upgrade took a lot of time and resources and the actual enhancements to modes, etc. is going to be focused on the card and competitive modes. I know, I don't like it either but it is what it is.
  • Coverage Assignments, maybe it'll be fun to be a CB or S? There's been a lot of work in previous years to make Madden fun on both sides of the ball. The area that still lacks is playing pass coverage. Hopefully these will help with playing a DB in Madden.
  • Coaching Adjustments: I'm on full wait and see. The details don't sound like anything that I'm not already doing myself during games. But I am guessing something about this will enhance the strategic side of the game, maybe?

Overall
The big leap with Madden this year is going to be the Frostbite engine. FIFA last year went through the same transition with no huge areas of progress. It's likely the upgrade took a lot of time and resources and big back of the box additions probably were hard to come by. Regardless, the Frostbite engine was instantly noticeable as an upgrade in environmental visuals -- I'm excited to see gameplay to see how it all ties together when the game is actually running in a way we will actually experience it.

the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Tue May 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Return on Online Team Play teased for Madden NFL 18 with Ultimate Team spin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]by pastapadre
Posted May 30th, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Click Here to Reveal Article:
When the flow of information opened on Madden NFL 18 with it came some signs that Online Team Play would be making its return with specifications stating the game would support 2-6 online players. The official announcement, which may come at the E3/EA Play press briefing Sat. June 10, was teased today in a photo featuring creative director Rex Dickson which seems to suggest it will be reintroduced as a new way to play within Ultimate Team.
Via: EA Sports' Mike McFadden

The t-shirts being worn appear to depict what will be called “MUT Squads” to go along with each individual holding up three fingers. That matches up with what OTP was in the past (3-on-3) but brings team play into a whole new world by tying it in with Ultimate Team. In a reply Dickson went on to confirm it as a mode for the game.

This news makes the pre-order bonuses of “Squad Packs” make more sense as to what they likely relate to within Ultimate Team. Realistically the best chance Team Play had of coming back was if it were to be monetized in some fashion, introduce competitive tracking and personnel improvement to keep interest up over the long term, and later be used as a potential new avenue into eSports. MUT Squads looks as though it could strike on all those fronts.

the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Wed May 31, 2017 7:31 pm

MUT Squads blog post from EA.

Click here for the full story:

Hey Madden Fans!

My name is Jake Stein, a Producer on Madden Ultimate Team, and I have the privilege of writing the first developer blog of the Madden NFL 18 season. It’s such an exciting time as both a developer and a fan of Madden. From the developer side, we can finally see the finish line as all the planning, long hours, and polish are starting to translate into a fun, cohesive game. From the fans side, it’s your time to start getting drops of information about the new game and imagine what your experience will be, come launch night.

It’s also a time where fans love to analyze any officially released information, tweets, or videos in order to predict what Madden might be teasing.
So let’s talk a little bit about what was found by a few internet sleuths – “2-6 Online Competitive Multiplayer.”

No, that wasn’t a misprint. I’m so thrilled to officially announce what many of you have already assumed was true - the return of online team play in Madden with our new feature called “MUT Squads”. MUT Squads brings what you loved about online team from the past and blends it with the team building power and limitless lineup combinations that are offered in Madden Ultimate Team.

Let’s get into some specifics. Every MUT Squads games will start 3 vs 3. You do this by clicking on the MUT Squads tile inside of Madden Ultimate Team and entering the MUT Squads lobby. Here, you can invite your friends to go into game together or by entering matchmaking on your own where we will pair you up with two other players. To be perfectly clear, no matter if it’s just you or one other friend in the MUT Squads lobby, we will find the additional players it takes to enter a MUT Squads game.

There’s also another very important decision to be made while in the MUT Squads lobby, and this is where we really start to differentiate ourselves from previous iterations of online team play, you must choose one of three roles. The three available roles are Offense Captain, Defense Captain, and Head Coach. Each role is uniquely crafted so let’s dive in a little deeper on each one of those.

Offense Captain:

• Brings in all players from Offense and Special Teams for that user’s MUT Lineup
  • Brings in the offensive playbook and calls every play on Offense
  • When on Offense, you control the QB at the start of every play

• However they are not player-locked to the QB post-snap. If you call a run play and neither of the other two human-controlled players are on the HB, the player controlling the QB will immediately switch and become the ball carrier

• Controls all audibles and adjustments on Offense
  • When on Defense, the user can control any of the 11 players on the field not controlled by another user

• There is no locking into only linebackers, defensive line, or secondary

Defense Captain:

• Brings in all players from Defense for that user’s MUT Lineup
  • Brings in the defensive playbook and calls every play on Defense
  • When on Defense, the user can control any of the 11 players on the field not controlled by another user

• Controls all audibles and adjustments on Defense
  • When on Offense, the user can control anyone besides the QB at the start of any given play

Head Coach

• Brings in the Head Coach, Stadium, and Uniforms for that user’s MUT Lineup
  • Calls timeouts and determines the results of penalties for the Squad
  • When on Offense, the user can control anyone besides the QB at the start of any given play

As you can tell, the Head Coach role has a little less responsibility in your MUT Squad on the field. We have found this role is perfect for your friends that may be newer to Madden Ultimate Team or aren’t ready for the challenge of calling plays, but still want to experience cooperative Madden. For your more experienced squads, you can pass around Head Coach responsibilities. While the Head Coach may not be bringing in the players, it will still be important to make sure all three players on a MUT Squad are on the same page and working together to come away with the victory.

Now that you understand the roles, you’re ready to jump into game. As I mentioned earlier, each game will start off 3 vs 3. In the event that a player must leave early before the session is completed, the game will continue on and the role of the player who left will be transferred to someone else still left in the game. For example, if your Offensive Captain leaves early, the play call and QB responsibilities will move to the Head Coach and everything else stays exactly the same and the game is still able to be played to completion.

There are quite a few new gameplay mechanics that have been designed with MUT Squads in mind but those details will have to wait for another blog. Just know that it’s never been more fun to play the skill positions like it will be in Madden NFL 18!
Like what you hear but you just can’t wait for Madden NFL 18 to drop on August 22nd? Well you’re in luck. MUT Squads will be fully playable on the floor at EA Play in Hollywood, California from June 10-12. Swing by and grab the sticks and ask one of us any questions about Madden you have.

And speaking of answering questions, we’re going to do another Reddit AMA (ask me anything) at 4pm EST on June 2nd. This AMA will specifically focus on MUT Squads and will be an opportunity for us to clear up any questions that may come up after reading this blog.

Free EA Play Tickets: http://bit.ly/2rNWLyU

Thanks for reading all the way to the end but now it’s back to the grind. I have more routes to run and passes to pick off.

-Jake

the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:06 pm
After the reveal, it was clarified.  You have to be a QB.  You have to attend the University of Texas.  I love Friday Night Lights.  But I don't want EA to bastardize their clear inspiration.

the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:27 pm

WR-DB Matchups Are In

You can matchup by Overall, Height, Speed, Jump, and More.

WR/DB Controls

A lot of risk/reward scenarios.

Other Changes

Players can get injured off the ball this year. So linemen should get hurt.

The hit stick was remapped on the right stick. No more X button.  You have more context to go high or low again.  Heat Seeker was removed from the hit stick, true risk/reward with proper stick skills.

The hit stick also controls blocking mechanics for line play.  Press down to cut block. DLine users press down to chop the cut block off them.  Again, more proper risk/reward mechanics.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum