American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2017 Season: Week 1 Open Empty 2017 Season: Week 1 Open

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:23 pm

2017 Season: Week 1

Welcome to season 2! We're a bit behind schedule compared to last year, but life happens.  Remember that every game needs to be streamed by at least one user.  Hippo's recruiting efforts has todtal33 joining as the Steelers.  I've posted threads on GameFAQs, Reddit, and LeagueCrawler. Open to other recommendations.

Thank you for all of you who have joined the discord server.  I think the early usage worked out great for the draft.  The last of you who are straggling will be booted from the league if you haven't joined by Thursday.  You've been notified multiple times now.

Major league change: Scheduling

I'm not sure what is going on with our forum hosts.  They've been implementing a lot of changes on the back end that has introduced bugs, and some sketchy advertising practices.  The mobile version of the forum is a mess.  I will no longer be using the forum for scheduling. You can all shriek for joy now. Wink 

There are three ways to reach out to effectively reach out to your opponent: PSN message, Text message (if you have their number), or Discord DM (don't flood the chat with scheduling).  It's on everyone to put an effort into scheduling their game, and not just wait to hear from your opponent first.

If you have not heard from your opponent in the first 24 hours after advance, I have set up a Discord section titled "Scheduling."  In that section you can use the tag "@Commissioner" to notify myself, and Commando. Also tag your opponent's handle so that everyone is involved.

If you all could take an extra second to log in to discord from a computer, either from the desktop program, or the website, there's a 'Connections' option under your profile settings to sync discord with your twitch handle.  Discord will then show the server when you're streaming.  It's just one of those little things to add to the league that you can set once and forget about going forward.

As far as twitch is concerned, just a reminder that streaming of all games is mandatory.  I've set up this AALoA twitch channel to auto-host every user in this league. So if anyone in the league is streaming, the channel will randomly pick a user to stream if you decide to click on it. 

Good luck everyone on the new season.  May my Bears never have a top 5 pick again. Unless I sell the farm to move up, of course.

Weekly Matchups

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Titans vs Jets*Cowboys vs Rams
Steelers vs JaguarsPanthers vs Packers
Lions vs BearsTexans vs Ravens
Vikings vs BuccaneersFalcons vs Saints
Bengals vs Browns
*Cardinals vs Eagles
Chargers vs Raiders
Patriots vs Bills
Giants vs Seahawks
Chiefs vs Colts
*Auto-Pilot -- Players are considered CPU in User-User
matchups.

Game of the Week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VS
What a better way to kick off the new season than spotlight the new guy facing off against the user who referred them?  The Steelers have a STACKED Offensive Line thanks to the drafting of Cory Summers. The Jaguars drafted every Offensive Linemen under the son looking for a stud, only to get stuck with a bunch of donkeys. The Jaguars start 3 rookie offensive linemen, and the most important one has to be Vaglips McGillicuddy at RT.  The Steelers three-headed monster on offense returns. Will the Jags secondary be able to reel in Roethlisberger and Brown?  Or will Bell run wild over the Jags underwhelming front 7?

Week advances no later than Thursday night.
Adnalffej
Adnalffej
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 56
Swagger : 2
LocationMichigan

2017 Season: Week 1 Open Empty Re: 2017 Season: Week 1 Open

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Texans start the season 1-0 with Brock Osweiler not turning the ball over for once. going for 370 yards and 2 tds. The defense helped lead the way to the 31 to 17 win over the Ravens with lots of QB pressure leading to a pick by Clowney on a screen and later INTs in the red zone by Joseph and Bouye. Hopkins and Fuller both finally had a game where they both went over a hundred yards with the td by Fuller and Braxton miller adding one on his 2 catches.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:21 am
Some fucking bullshit to start the year it sounds like. With 90 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, I'm in the red zone up 10, me and Posky disconnect after no connection issues or lag were present.  Replay the first half with a 10 point advantage and the Lions return the opening kickoff inside the 20 and immediately score.  My shiny new QB is immediately hurt on the first drive, out forever. Alshon Jeffery is immediately hurt on the 2nd drive. Yep, out forever. Fuck you Madden gods. And fuck you EA servers.

And for your info, I turned league sliders for injuries and fatigue both down. Sorry Ken for the loss of Rivers.  At least my guys come back miraculously.  Thanks steroids. SMH.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 am
the_EDJ wrote:
Sorry Ken for the loss of Rivers.  

The one time he actually plays Rivers? I'm not even sure if Ken will miss him, he might prefer it this way
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:34 am
In one of those games where you're playing against the Madden Gods and the CPU, the Vikings mount a 17 point 4th quarter to come back and win it blocking what would be the game tying 44 yd FG (all user Cool) with 18 seconds left seeing Sendejo scoop it up and run it back for the TD.

Crazy.  Ass.  Game.

Also, Diggs out 4 weeks with a shoulder tear.  Time to turn injuries off?  Twisted Evil
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum