American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

AALoA NHL Commish: the_EDJ

View previous topicGo downView next topic
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 7309
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Discord

on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:52 pm
Old gibberish:

In the past I've been a staunch opponent to requiring phone numbers for text messaging or another messaging platform for league communication.  I was always a believer in using the tools everyone has.  But those tools are starting to fail.

The PS Messenger app should have been the solution to sooth any issues in getting in contact with your opponent. But no matter how many times I asked, not everyone would download it, then complain when they didn't hear back from their opponent because they weren't around their console.  Like most Sony-developed software though, the app is junk. It worked fine at the beginning, but anymore, it crashes, and refuses to send messages over wi-fi or cellular sometimes.  Sitting with the PS4 on, messages sometimes arrive 15 minutes apart.  It's frustrating.

The AALoA forum we all use has a mobile version, and it's gotten a facelift in terms of looks. However, Forumotion seems to be getting more aggressive in displaying ads to the point that I can't sign in sometimes if I don't use a good pop-up blocker.  The forum is not going anywhere.

ChatWing to the right is ok, but there's a lot to be desired, and I don't want to pay for those missing features.

So all those words lead to this. I detest GroupMe. Being forced to use it at work, I just don't enjoy the app.  Others have used slack, whatsapp, etc.  The one I intend to start using is Discord.  It's a slack clone in a sense, but intended for game integration. It can link up to twitch/YouTube, and you can develop bots to automate/interact with things.  It's completely free.

Features:
> Tag Users: Tagging a username in a post sends a notification. Tagging the "@commissioner" role will notify myself, Pitt, or Commando all at once.
> Platforms: Full Windows/Mac desktop program, a web-based version for when at work, and mobile versions for iOS and Android.  PS4's web browser supports the web version.
> Direct Messages: Talk trades or anything directly with a user outside of the text chat. Allows group DM's.
> Voice Chat: PS Party chat works fine. But if we can have more than 8 people at once, the Draft could go much smoother via discord.  In the instance where people are sharing a console, they don't have to leave party chat.
> GIF Support: Not a big deal, but fun.

The intent is Discord replaces the scheduling thread and the chat box.
Discord disabled embedding of a text channel earlier this year, but hopefully it comes back so we can host it on the forum as well.

DOWNLOAD / OPEN DISCORD[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
AALoA Server Invite[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My username/4 digit code to add as a friend: the_EDJ#4563

Last edited by the_EDJ on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA Commish  |  PSN: the_EDJ  |  twitch[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Madden League: Chicago Bears  |  Destiny 2: Warlock Lvl 20, 305 Light; Hunter Lvl 20, 305 Light; Titan Lvl 1, 303 Light
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Re: Discord

on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:02 pm
If you have any input at all on the implementation of discord, let me know. I think it can only help.

Let us know what your username is when you've joined so we can all add each other to test it out.
I'd strongly recommend you use your PSN name for ease of use.

Adnalffejadnalffej#1464
BigSteve187
capeman
Gobucks614
GoingCommandoAZgoingcommandoaz#2580
hhayes96beachlife81#8309
illmatic717
jacquito69
Kenllxcoolxk#8502
King_Hippo72king_hippo72#3986
MeanMrMustard
nickoftime780
nourshake11
Plusch24Plusch24#5354
PocketPass
PoskyPosky13#2527
Steel Pitt
the_EDJthe_EDJ#4563
v-Apoc-v
vTRUv
x--Nike
YtBallaYtBalla#2115

Last edited by the_EDJ on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA Commish  |  PSN: the_EDJ  |  twitch[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Madden League: Chicago Bears  |  Destiny 2: Warlock Lvl 20, 305 Light; Hunter Lvl 20, 305 Light; Titan Lvl 1, 303 Light
YtBalla
Madden 11, 12, 13, 16, 17 SB Champ
Madden 11, 12, 13, 16, 17 SB Champ
Yards : 537
Swagger : 6
Fave NFL Team : Indianapolis Colts

on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:22 pm
Ytballa #2115
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 568
Swagger : 33
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:44 am
Plusch24 #5354
hhayes96
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 68
Swagger : 3
LocationFlorida
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : LSU Tigers

on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:31 pm
beachlife81 #8309
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:56 pm
Illmatic717 #1840
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:25 am
Llxcoolxk #8502
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:45 pm
Plusch, Ill, and Ken, your logins didn't seem to work.  Not sure if you've verified your ID via email or what. But I couldn't send requests/messages to those usernames.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum