American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Need a New Game ... Any suggestions? Empty Need a New Game ... Any suggestions?

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:55 am
Wassup fellas.  I'm looking for a new game to play (and take my attention away from how much I suck at Madden, lol).  In terms of what I'm looking for or characteristics of games I've enjoyed in the past:

- 3rd Person RPG
- Open World (not a deal breaker)
- Good story
- Interesting side missions (something I can log on and do for 10-15 minutes without the need to invest an hour to finish a mission)

Just to give you an example of the games I have enjoyed and beat (inFamous, GTA, Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us)

I don't want another sports game and I don't like first person shooter games.

I was just doing a quick google search on some of the top PS4 games for 2016 and came across the following:

Fallout 4 (I know Hippo had some kind words for this game.  I may have to re-think it despite the time constraints if its good enough)
Mafia 3
Far Cry
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Division

Any thoughts on the games mentioned?  Have you guys played these?  Good, bad, indifferent?  Any other suggestions that may be of interest?

Thanks
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 663
Swagger : 11
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Need a New Game ... Any suggestions? Empty Re: Need a New Game ... Any suggestions?

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:56 am
I think fallout and witcher would wind up taking alot of time, you can lose hours to those games in a blink, maybe far cry? Lots of side missions in those games but it can get repetitive, Far Cry Primal looked cool, no idea what ratings it got, but you play as a caveman I think, so you fashion your own weapons, etc.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Need a New Game ... Any suggestions? Empty Re: Need a New Game ... Any suggestions?

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:25 pm
King_Hippo72 wrote:I think fallout and witcher would wind up taking alot of time, you can lose hours to those games in a blink, maybe far cry? Lots of side missions in those games but it can get repetitive, Far Cry Primal looked cool, no idea what ratings it got, but you play as a caveman I think, so you fashion your own weapons, etc.

Thanks, I'm looking into Fallout and Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.  As I thought about it more, I'm not so concerned with the time.  When I mentioned it last time, I did so knowing I don't have a lot of time for multiple games and Uncharted 4 was coming out in a month or two (and I knew that would be a day 1 purchase or me).  With no other games on my plate and Madden only taking up 1-2 games per week I have time for a new game.  more importantly I don't have a need to rush through it.

At this point I'd rather buy the better game regardless of time consumption.  I think I'll look into those two more.  Thanks.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:13 pm
Everything stated above is valid in my opinion.

The Division may still be broken. With as much hype as it got, a lot of disappointments followed with its execution. Plus it's very multiplayer centric if you don't have a squad to roll with it.

Watch Dogs 2 is coming out very soon. If you haven't touched Watch Dogs before, you can pick it up cheap to see if it suits you.  It's a Ubisoft open world game in the vein of Far Cry or Assassin's Creed.

Rise of the Tomb Raider was an XBox exclusive for the last year and just dropped on PS4. The original reboot from two years ago was really solid.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:28 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Everything stated above is valid in my opinion.

The Division may still be broken. With as much hype as it got, a lot of disappointments followed with its execution. Plus it's very multiplayer centric if you don't have a squad to roll with it.

Watch Dogs 2 is coming out very soon. If you haven't touched Watch Dogs before, you can pick it up cheap to see if it suits you.  It's a Ubisoft open world game in the vein of Far Cry or Assassin's Creed.

Rise of the Tomb Raider was an XBox exclusive for the last year and just dropped on PS4. The original reboot from two years ago was really solid.

Cool.  Yeah, I actually bought Watch Dogs but the kids and I didn't really like it.  I'll see if I can find any previews of Tomb Raider.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:31 pm
I just read that Red Dead Redemption 2 is set for Fall 2017 release.  With that said, any game I do pick up I'll have to be able to finish by then, lol.
v-Apoc-v
v-Apoc-v
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 51
Swagger : 5
LocationIA
Fave NFL Team : Pitttsburgh Steelers
Fave NCAA Team : Iowa Hawkeyes

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:04 pm
ELDER SCROLLS ONILINE
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:34 pm
I'm excited for Watch Dogs 2.  I was one of the few who liked the first one, I like the tech side of it and thought the trailer for the 2nd one looks amazing.

Just Cause 3 was tons of fun, I got sucked into that one for a long time and my son and I played it almost to 100% completion even past the main story.  Lots of crazy things you can do, has a GTA open world, do whatever you want feel to it.  You can get it pretty cheap now too.

I got a copy of the base Destiny game and I'm liking it a lot too.  One of the better shooters I've ever played.  Very good story, missions, side quests and exploring.  I'm probably going to end up buying all of the expansions after I make my way through the base game.

If you're willing to commit the time to it, Fallout is the game I'd recommend above the others.  I haven't gone back to it in a while, mostly because I'm afraid of how much sleep I'll lose staying up until 2 am playing it again, lol.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum