American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

AALoA NHL Commish: the_EDJ

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Less than 24 Hours

on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:00 pm
What are everyone's plans for Madden Holiday?  Who's getting it at midnight (or has pre-ordered the downloadable version to be played at midnight)?  Who's off from work tomorrow?  What's your first move when you get the game started ... hit practice mode, jump right into an online user game, hit up a play now with your favorite team?

I have my copy pre-ordered (download) so I'll be on as the clock strikes midnight.  Usually, when I get the game I go right to the roster page to check the Steelers ratings, etc.  Its somewhat habitual because I already know what the ratings are since they get released in advance of the actual game's release (see EDJ's Madden Ratings post) lol.  Then I usually just go straight to play now and use the Steelers against another AFC North foe (usually the Browns).  I know the Ravens have really become our main rival and most hated foe over the last 10-15 years and the Bengals are getting there, but those teams are also good and I don't want to see my Steelers losing the first time I pick up the game so I like to beat up on the Browns to get things rolling, lol.  As for Madden Holiday, unfortunately I have to be in the office on Tuesday so I won't be able to get any real time on the sticks until Tuesday night.

What about you guys?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA Co-Commish  |  PSN: SteelPitt16  |  twitch: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NCAA Dynasty
BCS National Champions
NCAA14 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
NCAA13 (Virginia Cavaliers)
NCAA11 (Syracuse Orange)
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Re: Less than 24 Hours

on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:31 pm
My disc reader broke like two years ago so I always get the digital copy. I pretty much only play Madden and The Show, so this year I preordered the game and I have tomorrow off as usual so I know what my plans entail.
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 7309
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:22 pm
Checklist:
Mountain Dew
Beer
Oreos
Day off work
Easy meals to maximize efficiency.

Check, check, check, check, check.

I immediately play a Bears vs Packers matchup.
Posky is already bugging me for a midnight game, so I'll probably play him. Then I'll check out MUT and start simming franchise files to test progression settings and whatnot.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA Commish  |  PSN: the_EDJ  |  twitch[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Madden League: Chicago Bears  |  Destiny 2: Warlock Lvl 20, 305 Light; Hunter Lvl 20, 305 Light; Titan Lvl 1, 303 Light
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:49 am
the_EDJ wrote:... and start simming franchise files to test progression settings and whatnot.

Nice, let me know how awesome Wentz becomes for the Eagles. haha

AALoA Co-Commish  |  PSN: SteelPitt16  |  twitch: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NCAA Dynasty
BCS National Champions
NCAA14 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
NCAA11 (Syracuse Orange)
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:50 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
... and start simming franchise files to test progression settings and whatnot.

Have you (or anyone for that matter) messed around with simming through seasons in Franchise Mode?  Anything note-worthy regarding progression/regression, draft classes, off-season tasks, etc?

NCAA Dynasty
BCS National Champions
NCAA14 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
NCAA11 (Syracuse Orange)
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:28 pm
Just read that CFM has incorporated Practice Squad to the roster (up to 10 players).  Interesting.

NCAA Dynasty
BCS National Champions
NCAA14 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
NCAA11 (Syracuse Orange)
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum