American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Possible Change: Coach vs Owner Empty Possible Change: Coach vs Owner

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:24 pm
As interest starts to ramp up and vets start arriving, I was tossing around the idea of not doing owner mode for our franchise, and instead focus on coach mode.  Everyone starts on a blank slate of skills as far as player development, or free agent building or contract resigning.

With no Coordinator positions in game, if you don't keep your current coach, the free agent pool of coaches is pretty week. Being your coach eliminates that aspect of the game to help balance the field of competition.

Any pros/cons we need to sort out?  I think very few members ever monitored their ticket prices or profit margins, and that may have hurt their funds to sign key free agents. That was a good thing for those of us that did monitor things, but there's two sides to every coin.

I'll list factors as Pro change to coaches, vs con, don't change to coaches.

Pro: Balanced field for coach skills (Scouting, resigning, gameplanning, etc)
Pro: Less week to week tasks to follow for your team.

Con: Leveling up skills might take too long to be effective. We'll be able to adjust XP for players, not sure if that works on coaches.
Con: No building of new stadiums.
Con: No relocation if a second team jumps to LA, or if Oakland hits Vegas.
Con: Smaller market teams may not be able to maximize profits/funds.

Gimme more thoughts on the subject.  I typically get few responses due to apathy on franchise change subjects, but the more input the better.  I can go either direction. I put in the time to review owner mode prices to maximize funds to be able to afford signing bonuses.  I've listed a few above, let me know if you agree/disagree, or have other ideas.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Possible Change: Coach vs Owner Empty Re: Possible Change: Coach vs Owner

Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:13 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'll be honest, I'm not completely sure what the differences are and what is featured in the Coach Mode.  From what I've quickly googled the only real differences of joining as a Coach instead of an Owner are:

- You won't be responsible for managing team finances (tickets, merchandise, etc).
- All the Users will start at the same Experience Level/Skills for the Head Coach.
- You can get fired.
- You can't build or relocate stadiums.

Does that sound just about right?  If so, I could honestly go either way.  I actually did manage the finances but I know many look at that as an unnecessary or boring chore.  As I am probably going to use the Steelers, I have no plans to relocate or build a new stadium but there is the possibility that we could get news of a second team moving to LA or the Raiders to Vegas, as you stated, during our franchise run for Madden 17 so for realism purposes that would be cool.

Sorry to be so wishy-washy but like I said, it doesn't really effect me either way.  I'm good with either option.
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
My other leagues always run coach mode. I think it works better for a large league. Not having to worry about money for signing bonuses. Last year, you could level your coach up pretty quick if you played well
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:27 am
XP for a coach was a sticking point for me. But if it advances enough that you can actually unlock perks, it might be worthwhile.

I didn't want any coaches to get fired if they had a rough year, but that can be turned off it appears.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:31 am
the_EDJ wrote:XP for a coach was a sticking point for me. But if it advances enough that you can actually unlock perks, it might be worthwhile.

I didn't want any coaches to get fired if they had a rough year, but that can be turned off it appears.

Somewhat on topic, but that is a nice feature that NCAA had that would be nice to see in Madden.  Having the ability to hire/fire coordinators as well as earn/allocated XPs in order to build the coaching staff's skills so to speak.  Maybe in Madden 18.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:25 am
Raiders File Trademark For Las Vegas Raiders

Could the Raiders be on the move to Las Vegas for real?  How will this effect our league and the decision we make to go Coach vs Owner mode considering EDJ mentioned that you can't relocate a team in Coach Mode.  It says the Raiders only have a one year lease in Oakland so the could potentially move as early as next season to another location even if its not Las Vegas immediately.

Thoughts?
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:53 pm
I think I'm Pro-coach because although I like the in depth experience madden can bring, being an owner does entail a ton of off the field stuff that will likely become tedious and annoying for most after we've been playing for months and months. 

I'd prefer to keep it a bit simpler and the cons don't seem super terrible to me as I read them. Just my two cents.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:47 pm
I'd vote coach, but I don't feel all that strongly about it.

I just don't really care for setting ticket and concession prices and stuff. Usually find it pretty tedious, but it's not a huge deal if other people are into it.
nickoftime780
nickoftime780
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 133
Swagger : 0
LocationEdmonton

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:25 pm
With owner moder since we are playing all the games coaches will get more exp for completing weekly goals, I always do owner mode solo but I can go either way
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:18 am
Id be down for coach mode myself... I paid attention to my weekly stuff and concessions and roster signings but it can get tedious...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum