American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. We are a community of fun, fair, and respectful games who want both teams to have a good game whether winning or losing. Cheap, lobby-style tactics will not be tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: DemonX3136

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

FYI for running and defending the option

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FYI for running and defending the option

Post by Steel Pitt on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Wassup fellas. I wanted to post this before but it kept slipping my mind. The third patch fixed the no huddle but one of the things it didn't fix was the defensive freezing on the option plays. If you haven't seen this, what happens is the LB and CB to the side the option is being run will sometimes get locked in sort of a back pedal animation and not even react to the QB running towards them. I've seen it on both sides. I've had the CPU pick up good yardage on an option because I stayed controlling the DL in pursuit while my CB just drifted out of bounds. I've also seen this happen to the CPU while I was running the option (it was just a regular play now game but I felt cheap taking the yardage, lol).

From what I've read this only happens when you're in zone. I don't know if this will be addressed in Patch 4 and there's nothing we can really do about it but I wanted to just give you the heads up. If you are playing against a team that likes to run the option just be weary of calling zone coverage and be prepared to switch to the LB or CB to the playside or else you'll be at risk of watching the CPU QB run right by your back pedalling CB and LB, lol.

Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ

Yards: 3261
Swagger: 55
Location New York
Fave NFL Team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Back to top Go down

Re: FYI for running and defending the option

Post by Cougars79 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Oh - that explains it. The "Beavers" (love it) ran this against me 8 times yesterday and that is how they got their 56 points.

Yeah right - I just suck lol.

Cougars79
Redshirt
Redshirt

Yards: 358
Swagger: 1
Fave NFL Team: New York Giants

Back to top Go down

Re: FYI for running and defending the option

Post by SquirrelHunter on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:05 pm

lol @ oregon state running the option

SquirrelHunter