American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

AALoA NHL Commish: the_EDJ

View previous topicGo downView next topic
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 7302
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2016 Season - Week 1 Open

on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:56 pm
2016 Season - Week 1

Welcome to Season 2 fellas. Thank you for your ability to adapt quickly with the off-season. It was an abrupt shift at the last second, but I wasn't going to extend the off-season for an entire week.

Congrats to Nike for making the Browns of all teams Super Bowl champions.

For Season 2, we are capped at signing a maximum of 2 players in free agency to let those unfortunate few that had life intervene with the offseason catch up their roster and have a chance at some players.

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Chargers vs ColtsSteelers vs CPU
Lions vs VikingsCowboys vs CPU
Jaguars vs TitansBuccaneers vs CPU
Eagles vs RedskinsTexans vs CPU
Panthers vs BearsFalcons vs CPU
Ravens vs BrownsSeahawks vs CPU
Dolphins vs CPU
Raiders vs CPU
What an opening week! Chargers/Colts and Ravens vs Browns are my favorite matchups. For the first time in AALoA history, I get to face off with d-stylez260.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VS

A banner raising ceremony that pits division rivals against each other? Yes, please. The Ravens have to be motivated to play spoiler. Will Money Manziel be ready to take control of the offense again? The league's best offensive line will probably make sure he's comfortable.  What about Breshad Perriman? Is his follow-up up to last year's record setting output turning into a sophomore slump, or a continuation of a potential all-pro career?

Week 2 opens Tuesday night.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA Commish  |  PSN: the_EDJ  |  twitch[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Madden League: Chicago Bears  |  Destiny 2: Warlock Lvl 20, 305 Light; Hunter Lvl 20, 305 Light; Titan Lvl 1, 303 Light
nickoftime780
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 133
Swagger : 0
LocationEdmonton

Re: 2016 Season - Week 1 Open

on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:20 am
Raiders pull out a nail biter after being down 17 at one point the defence scored a touchdown on a kickoff following a score, next possession the Raiders rookie FS Woodson came up with an interception which lead to a 4 point lead the Raiders wouldn't relinquish. McKinnon shined in his first game with the Raiders after playing in Adrian Peterson shadow with 22 Carries for 160 yds and a touchdown. The rookie qb looked a little shaky with 3 turnovers but rookie wr Clarence Blake had 7 reception for 105 yds.
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 568
Swagger : 33
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:47 am
Dolphins open with a strong road win in Buffalo carried by Lamar Miller's 3 TDs & 130+ yards. The offseason's main goal of revamping the defense failed miserably as this defense will likely be a pushover in user games. The unexpected retirements of Cameron Wake & Brent Grimes and inability to replace them could prove costly. 

Also, does anyone know if there's any issues this year in CFM if you build a new stadium? I know there were some last year so I was hesitant but my current stadium is a POS.
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:48 am
The Steelers open the season 1-0 after a 38-14 victory over the Patriots.  The Steelers used a very balanced attack to move the ball, almost at will, versus the Patriots (only punting once).  Le'Veon Bell ran for 84 yards and a score, while Roethlisberger connected for at least 3 passes to Bell, Bryant, Brown and Fleener on his way to 280 yards passing and a TD.  The Patriots tied the score at 14 midway thru the second quarter but Dri Archer returned the ensuing kickoff 89 yards for a TD and the Steelers would rattle off 24 unanswered points to end the game.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA Co-Commish  |  PSN: SteelPitt16  |  twitch: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NCAA Dynasty
BCS National Champions
NCAA14 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
NCAA13 (Virginia Cavaliers)
NCAA11 (Syracuse Orange)
Steel Pitt
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:51 am
New Slider Settings - After one game

A couple of things after only one game (vs the CPU) under the new slider settings.

1. There were a decent amount of penalties between the two teams (5 for the Patriots and 3 for the Steelers), however they were all False Start or Defensive Offsides.  I don't know if its the sliders of the fact that Brady is a veteran QB but he tried to draw me offsides at least once every four downs (or at least it felt that way). 

2. The pass rush seemed more ferocious (on the CPU's end anyway) in the first half.  I threw a little quicker in the second half and kept them off balance with the run but they were getting in fairly easy on blitzes in the first half for like a two drive stretch.

3. I also noticed that the kick arc was still on.  I know you mentioned you were going to remove it so just a heads up for Week 2.

AALoA Co-Commish  |  PSN: SteelPitt16  |  twitch: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NCAA Dynasty
BCS National Champions
NCAA14 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
NCAA13 (Virginia Cavaliers)
NCAA11 (Syracuse Orange)
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 967
Swagger : 21
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:48 pm
Browns open up the season with a 33-10 win over the Ravens, Gg Thusk. 
New comers Tamba Hali(1 sacks, 1int) and Percy Harvin(8 rec 233yards 1 TD 1rush 32yards 1TD) had great opening days to help Manziel open up the new campaign. 

Next week: Brings a rematch of last years AFC Championship game. Phins vs Browns.
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:52 pm
Tracked down Capeman. chargers vs colts scheduled for tomorrow at 8:30 pm Pst.
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

on Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:23 pm
Skins win 31-9 thanks to the revamped defense. Rookie QB McGhee had some ups and downs but showed promise throwing 3 tds but 2 really bad ints. GG apoc
the_EDJ
Yards : 7302
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:12 pm
Remaining Games:
Chargers vs Colts -- Scheduled for 11:30 pm EST
Jaguars vs Titans -- Some communication on hammering out availability. Both look to be victims of the Fallout 4 release. haha
Panthers vs Bears -- No word from d-stylez.

Late advance tonight as I'll give Chargers/Colts a chance to get played.

AALoA Commish  |  PSN: the_EDJ  |  twitch[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Madden League: Chicago Bears  |  Destiny 2: Warlock Lvl 20, 305 Light; Hunter Lvl 20, 305 Light; Titan Lvl 1, 303 Light
mission8
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:19 pm
From experience,  its easier to text dstylez
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:18 pm
Chargers fall to Colts 38-24. Chargers actually led 10-0 at one point but then Ty Hilton blew the game wide open.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum