American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

AALoA NHL Commish: the_EDJ

View previous topicGo downView next topic
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 7205
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

SteelPitt16 -- Philadelphia Eagles

on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:21 pm
Watch live video from steelpitt16 on www.twitch.tv
Post any scouting reports below. You don't have to write an essay, just a few notes go a long way. Of course, the more you share, the better. When posting a scouting report, please include: 

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

(Good Scouting Report Examples)

Last edited by the_EDJ on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA CommishPSN: the_EDJtwitch: the_EDJMadden League: Chicago BearsDestiny: Warlock Lvl 40 400 Light
Destiny: Hunter Lvl 40 400 Light
Destiny: Titan Lvl 40 400 Light
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Re: SteelPitt16 -- Philadelphia Eagles

on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:30 pm
Madden 17 -- Philadelphia Eagles
Madden 16 -- Pittsburgh Steelers
Madden 15 
Madden 25 -- Pittsburgh Steelers:

GoingCommandoAZ wrote:OFFENSE
Very balanced.  Will run it up the middle down your throat leading to effective drives down the field.  Don't recall too many PA passes, mostly short to mid-range throws.  Mixes up runs and passes very well.  Mixed runs between Bell and Jones, spread the ball around pretty even between receivers.

DEFENSE
I hate giving scouting reports because everyone always goes balls out to stop AP, lol.  Was able to catch him off guard with a few draws and counters.  AP was able to run for some big gains and get loose.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Smart with the returns, ran kick off's out from a few yards deep in the endzone.  Covered kicks pretty well.  Neither of us were able to do much in the return game.
sick_wid_it12 wrote:Offence:
Balanced kinda guy the whole game likes to get brown the ball as often as possible. uses his spell back in situations and great runner and passer. great competition always a close good game.

Defence:
Struggles to stop the run (given i am a pretty good runner) but clamped my passing down our first game he held me to a minimum passing game i only had one quarter to make it up. our second game i threw more pics than yards. Turnover happy defence you have to read at the line of scrimmage.

Special Teams:
A great punt returner always a threat to take it to the house. an average kick returner and hits any field goal attempt ive seen him attempt. 

Side Note: I am happy that i play this guy two times a year it was my favorite two games during season one. great competition we are now 1-1 all time!
Madden 13 -- Pittsburgh Steelers:

SwitchBladeKilla wrote:Offense:
was very good at mixing up his plays. Ran the ball very well towards the outside boundaries not as good running up the middle. Likes to throw the ball to Heath Miller a lot Up the middle and outside. 

Defense:
good at stopping the run played a lot of man coverage. Played a lot of deep coverage, a lot of the under routes were open.

Kicking:
nothing to note
Madden 12 -- Pittsburgh Steelers:

YtBalla wrote:Offense
He spread the ball around pretty well and had a nice mix between running and passing. Had a strong run game, but it got a little too predictable at the end, so I was able to key in on his running back. He didn't have any long passing plays, so his drives would last forever, and because of that his team was prone to mistakes. He forced the ball into coverage a few times resulting in interceptions (I'm sure the rain didn't help).

Defense
As you probably guessed, very strong defensively. Running to the outside almost never worked for me because either his linebackers would beat my linemen or one of his safeties would fly in to make the tackle. I had a lot more success up the middle, since it seemed most of his blitzes would come from the outside giving me more of an opening in the center. I think I had a lot of success against his blitzes on passing downs. His DB's didn't seem good enough to handle being on an island.

Special Teams
He killed me in this area. Took his first to kicks back for touchdowns. I don't know if it was poor coverage on my part or great returning, but those were the first two kick returns I have seen go the distance in this game.
illmatic717 wrote:Offense:
Not a lot of yardage in my game. Ran up the middle for 3-4 yard runs, got stuffed behind the line when he tried to bounce it outside. Most offense came from the passing game. Threw over the linebackers well on corner routes and posts in front of the safety. Has a lot of speed at WR so it's hard to play man coverage. Didn't really look for his TE or RB much, mainly just WRs over the linebackers. 

Defense
Steelers have a great defense obviously. Stuffed the run well for the most part. I ran mostly out of 4 WR sets to try and force him to get his LBs off the field because they are so good. Everyone is a big hitter and he'll try to jar the ball loose on passes, so hold R1 and pray lol. Mixed in a good amount of blitzes and left the middle of the field open a few times for slants and posts. I don't think he ever moved his line or LBs pre-snap. 

ST
Has Brown at returned who is really fast. good blocking and finds holes, most returns were near the 30. Must be an amazing kicker, Lloyd hit a clutch 61 yarder!!! It was crazy, I couldnt believe he went for the kick and then nailed it. That was impressive. Neither of us really ever punted so nothing to report there.
bignasty2992 wrote:Offense:
Good mix of run and pass plays. Didn't really have a favorite target (I think Heath had the most catches with 4). Ran all over me, created some gapping holes for mendenhall to run through (ended up with 2 tds). Didn't go deep too often, but had a good short and midrange passing attack.

Defense
Stopped my run game almost completely (obviously expected). Good mix of calls/coverages. Hard to do much against a tough defense.

Special Teams
Nothing Noteworthy.

gg
Gridiron Savages wrote:Season 2 - Week 4

Offense:
Couldn't get much of a run game established but will run 3 or 4 play actions. Didn't do any draws or tosses that I remember and usually runs strong side. Spreads the ball around to everyone but likes the post routes with Heap and corner routes with Wallace.

Defense:
Very rarely makes any shifts with his linebackers on linemen so it is very difficult to run weak side with Woodley and Harrison creeping around the ends every time. Mixed man and zone pretty well I think. I hurt him the most with misdirections up the middle and curl routes.

Special Teams:
Punts to the short side of the field every time, so return left/right will work.

Overall plays mostly like the real Steelers. Most likely will be low scoring and he's a talented player - have to hold him to field goals and can't turn it over or you'll lose.
Madden 11 -- Pittsburgh Steelers

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA CommishPSN: the_EDJtwitch: the_EDJMadden League: Chicago BearsDestiny: Warlock Lvl 40 400 Light
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Re: SteelPitt16 -- Philadelphia Eagles

on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:02 pm
Madden 17 - Philadelphia Eagles

Offense:
Was able to exploit the matchups my defense left open with ease. Really capitalized on the risks I took.  Jordan Matthews seemed to be the top target.  Have to keep his TE in mind on the corner route though. So deadly.  Not too many deep balls. A lot of intermediate to shallow routes.

Defense:
Really challenged me to throw the ball, stacking the box with 8 to 10 players at a time.  Jeffery was able to attack it. But the run game was in turn getting completely stuffed.  Incredible use of MLB Stephen Tulloch. Had two manual user picks and often took away more than two reads at once. No switching needed.  Very tough to face.

Special Teams:
Was quick to get to the 25 yard line on Kick Returns. Didn't dance around or give up space.  Punt Returns focused on bouncing it to the opposite sideline to maximize yards.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum