American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Which streaming service works best for you?

2 - 67%
1 - 33%

Total Votes: 3

the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

League Discussion: Twitch vs YouTube Streaming Empty League Discussion: Twitch vs YouTube Streaming

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:07 pm
Sony is set to release Playstation firmware 3.0 for the PS4 in the near future. Included with the update will be several improvements, including grouping up friends in Communities! Also, there will be a new streaming option, being YouTube. Google (now a subsidiary of Alphabet) will be unleashing YouTube Gaming this summer.

Part of the league requirements is streaming of games, for entertainment purposes, as well as for archiving games if complaints are registered and proof is needed. Last year, twitch was the lone option (because fuck uStream). Soon there will be a choice.  I wanted to get feedback from the league to see if there's a preference. I think it would be best for the league to utilize a single streaming option.

Twitch
+ Already established. Each user has an account setup.
-  Focuses on live streams, with limited replay features.
+ Auto-archive keeps raw footage for 14 days.
-  Auto-archive keeps raw footage for 14 days.
+ Manual highlights last indefinitely.
-  Manual highlights must be cut via the website, from a computer.
+ Usernames still allow for some sort of anonymity. Already a dedicated gaming site.
-  Amateurish. Unreliable, and crudely built.

YouTube
-  Likely requires a new account be set up as Google just unlocked Google+ Integration requirements, and most users would want a separate gaming account from a personal account.
-  Will take learning a new system.
+ Early testers are raving about YouTube Gaming's quality.
-  Unknown capacity, archive, editing features.
+ Can only be better than twitch.
+ Focuses on both live streaming, and archived content.

I expect there will be growing pains, but when YouTube Gaming launches to the general public, we jump on board. Twitch seems to be limited, and I expect YouTube will offer better community features overall, like editors being able to share their content to the AALoA page.

Anything I'm missing, or you'd like to point out? Would love some feedback.
Posky
Posky
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 439
Swagger : 3
LocationMichigan
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Ok Okst UofM

League Discussion: Twitch vs YouTube Streaming Empty Re: League Discussion: Twitch vs YouTube Streaming

Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:38 pm
I say stick with what we know....maybe try youtube next year,lol.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

League Discussion: Twitch vs YouTube Streaming Empty Re: League Discussion: Twitch vs YouTube Streaming

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:31 pm
If they're both free then I guess I'll just rock with whatever the league favors.  I'd love to give an opinion but I'm still new to the PS4 platform and streaming.  I haven't used either so they'll both be new to me.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:44 am
I'd be up for guinea pigging Youtube for the first season or so to see how it goes.  My only semi-complaints with Twitch are the archiving time without having to upgrade to the Twitch pro and the video quality.  If Youtube is an improvement on both, I'd be down for giving that a shot.

(Welcome back Steel!)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum