American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 3 Simming Discussion

+6
Plusch24
SquirrelHunter
GoingCommandoAZ
Ken
MoneyNades
the_EDJ
10 posters
Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 3 Simming Discussion Empty Season 3 Simming Discussion

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:45 pm
I offered up the idea of simming season 3. Mainly to grow rookies further, as well as to realistically mix up rosters so that users running teams that aren't their favorite teams have a better chance to mold their rosters.

This presents benefits and challenges though.  Mission asked about doing gameplanning each week with players, which I hadn't thought about, I was initially anticipating just skipping the entire season. I'd like feedback on how to accomplish this task as smoothly as possible. Also feel free to share any concerns you may have.

I think it might work best to spread out the offseason stages and advance stages to allow for people to handle their rosters in some capacity rather than all or nothing. I still feel bad how a few teams missed out on both free agency and the draft.

So I figure to do free agent stage 1 over a 12 hour period, then stage 2 up until the draft, similar to the past. Finally maybe an hour or two before the draft close free agency, then roll through the draft. Then comes simming the season.

Do we just rip through the season like a bandage and advance to the next season?
Or should we manually go through each week to manually hand player development?

++ Going all at once, players will still earn XP and develop.
++ Players with expiring contracts shouldn't lock you out until you make an offer or choose not to.

- - But you don't choose who develops their XP or confidence.

++ Going the manual route one week at a time will be time intensive, and not everyone will be able to join in as is.

- - Going 5 minutes per game week would take a little bit more than playing one game, running about 90 minutes. This would be another instance where people who aren't free at the time of advances would be at the whims of the sim gods and at a potential development disadvantage.

Either way, with simming the season, players should have a much more realistic chance to reach their goals (especially for receivers, and Tackles goals for defenders), so XP should roll in. Since simming the season is a pure GM mode, injuries will be on to factor in who has the best roster depth.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Season 3 Simming Discussion Empty Re: Season 3 Simming Discussion

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:31 pm
I'm not a big fan of going week for week, people will forget to do the gameplan one day and make us late, If we skip the entire year the players will gain more XP imo which is not a bad thing at all. The only issue that I see is if your team has a bad season your confidence will suck for most of your players.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 am
To clarify a couple things, each week of the season would be simmed every 5 minutes. So we'd get through the season in one night.  XP wouldn't be boosted by skipping the whole season. Every game simmed would still offer the same chances at XP.

You do raise a good point about confidence being at risk.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:01 am
Doesn't matter to me none.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:16 am
I'd be ok with it, my roster is young enough. Wink

My worry is confidence though.  That's what I've been boosting the most and have around 7-10 maxed out at 99.  If the sim season is shitty for the Vikings that would kinda suck to have to rebuild that.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:41 pm
would anyone want to play the playoffs? the standings would basically be arbitrary, but it could be fun just to have a mini tournament essentially between all the playoff teams. just make it a one day thing and do the draft the same or next day so you could keep it contained to a weekend.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:57 pm
I'm probably the only one against it but what the heck lets do it as long as it takes less than 2 days. Maybe an hour-long stopping point to make any progressions or changes, I dont know. 
I would like to play the playoffs as Squirrel mentioned.
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:15 pm
As said before I'm fully for it.. The playoffs would be a fun idea but they also may be a waste of time so we could get to season 4 sooner then later imo
Zydecajun
Zydecajun
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 69
Swagger : 2
LocationLouisiana

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:49 pm
Doesn't bother me.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:47 am
I'm fully for it, I think it's a cool idea. I don't care one way or another with progression and whether we stop to do that or not. I think the weekly thing would just get tedious so I'd be cool with zipping through the entire thing.
THE_GHOST_1NSIDE
THE_GHOST_1NSIDE
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 179
Swagger : 6
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:22 am
Sounds good to me. Either way, I'm fine with whatever we do, but I do admit the simming idea is interesting.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 pm
The Season 2 Super Bowl is scheduled to be played by Friday, January 9th. That's a tight window to get Free Agency and the draft in one day again, then sim the season that night, then free agency and draft the following Sunday.

Ideally the SB get's played early in the week if the Playoff teams can get their schedule straightened out quickly to play each game right away. Then start FA that week, so we can draft right away on a Saturday, then again on Sunday. Whether that's the 10th/11th or 17th/18th.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum