American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 2: Week 7 Open Empty Season 2: Week 7 Open

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:23 pm
Season 2: Week 7

An early-ish advance! You're welcome. But really you should thank Nike for being out of town with family for the holidays, and illmatic for being somewhere with no contact since last Tuesday. But hey, it counts, right?

Highlight(s) of the Week
Click to Reveal the Goodness:
Create your best highlights via Twitch, YouTube, or Share Factory and let me know where the video is so we can share them.

User Games
   CPU Games
Packers vs LionsJets vs Eagles
Texans vs SaintsChiefs vs Patriots
Buccaneers vs TitansBengals vs 49ers
Bears vs ChargersDolphins vs Jaguars
Panthers vs Colts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Game of the Week
   VS      
Entering the season 7 weeks ago, who woulda thunk it that we'd be having a QB duel between Blaine fricking Gabbert and Drew Brees? Both playoff teams a year ago, it will be interesting to see how either owner managed salary cap restraints, retirements, and that ugly player regression. Also, the injury bug has bit the Texans. Hard. Again. The Saints voodoo has kept them injury free, but at what cost?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Season 2: Week 7 Open Empty Re: Season 2: Week 7 Open

Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:53 pm
Game of the Week should've been the Bears vs Chargers. What a fucking battle Ken and myself just went through.  The San Diego Powder Puff Chargers are on an absolute roller coaster these last three weeks. And they're doing it with Christian Ponder at QB?!

In week 5 they were they super hero Powder Puff Girls after slaying the Oakland Raiders with a ridiculous last minute drive, forcing the owner to sell the team and go do something else. Then week 6 came and the Chargers resembled the little fairy looking Powder Puff girls without superpowers and got put over big papa mission's lap and spanked with a belt (not Adrian Peterson's switch, a mostly nice, non-shitty reversible, non-skin blistering belt) 41-0. Either they're on drugs (just look at those big, anime eyes), the Bears underestimated them, or embarrassment is a great motivating tool down in San Diego.

Chicago had confidently took a 16-13 lead in the final 2 minutes thanks to a terrible punt by the Chargers that didn't cross the 50 and set the Bears up nicely. Or maybe that was a Belichekian "strategy" by Ken? You cheater! 

Facing a stiff 13 mph wind, the Chargers moved right down the field and got stopped right on the brink of their kicker's field goal range in the given wind conditions on first down. Chicago had played for the tie, and they were gonna get their overtime.  Yet the Chargers had other ideas. On second down they throw a quick strike. And in the blink of a no huddle eye they're inside the 5 thanks to some comically bad whiffs by Bears defenders being clueless to the ball. The Bears make the necessary stop on 1st and Goal, or so they think. On 2nd down, Ponder finds Keenan Allen wide open in the end zone despite max zone by the Bears. How?!

With 5 seconds left, the Bears offense was too far away for a Hail Mary and tried a quick slant to move closer, but the refs refused to blow the play dead preventing Chicago from using their time outs. Such a deflating loss in a defensive battle.

GG Ken.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:05 pm
Yea great game. 

Believe it or not, I hit the full power on the punt, but it just didn't go anywhere. I was actually going to complain about the punting sliders, but I won so whatever Razz

I've been having more success offensively after moving Keenan Allen to the slot and just focusing on the run game more. Obviously didn't work against mission, but nothing ever works against him. 

I started the season with 6 straight human games. Time for some CPU games to get back to .500 (hopefully).
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 pm
Remaining games:
Packers vs Lions -- Scheduled for tonight.
Texans vs Saints -- No word from illmatic.
Buccaneers vs Titans -- No word from yoscotty_.
Chiefs vs CPU --
I plan to set AP games for Saints and Buccs at noon tomorrow if no response from their opponents.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:52 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Packers fall in Detroit in OT, 27-21. Back and forth game w/ a crazy final 4 mins of the 4th Q that saw a Packer TD & 2 pt conversion to take a 21-14 lead w/ 1:59 left but too much time for Detroit to march down the field and tie it with 30 secs left. Detroit would control the ball for 6 mins in OT, including 2 successful 4th down tries, and ended the game on a 4th & Goal dive from Reggie Bush. Detroit seemed to dominate the time of possession clock and kept GB off the field.
Posky
Posky
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 439
Swagger : 3
LocationMichigan
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Ok Okst UofM

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:33 pm
Great game again plusch...... First game calvin stayed under 100 yards..... Looking forward to the match up in green Bay..... I was waiting for reggie to cough one up he's good for that
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:19 pm
Posky wrote:Great game again plusch...... First game calvin stayed under 100 yards..... Looking forward to the match up in green Bay..... I was waiting for reggie to cough one up he's good for that
I was counting on another gift from Stafford but my DBs dropped easy picks on the final 2 drives. I'm sure the rematch will be just as good.
Posky
Posky
Yards : 439
Swagger : 3
LocationMichigan
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Ok Okst UofM

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:32 pm
Yea, he's pretty good for a few lost passes, one was definitely me forcing the other was just bad, lol.... He got focused at the end or something
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:22 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Jaguars finally win a game seven weeks into the season. Playoff hopes are pretty much lost at this point. The team will carry on with what little dignity they have and look to a new horizon with their new found confidence. Merr
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum