American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

AALoA NHL Commish: the_EDJ

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4166
Swagger : 82
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Season 2 - Week 1 Open

on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:19 pm
Week 1 is now open.  I will advance the week on Monday (10/27).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
PSN ID: SteelPitt16                Twitch ID: SteelPitt16

Madden17 Franchise
Philadelphia Eagles
2016: 9-6 (2-3 NFC East)

NCAA Dynasty
BCS National Champions
NCAA14 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
NCAA13 (Virginia Cavaliers)
NCAA11 (Syracuse Orange)
Steel Pitt
Yards : 4166
Swagger : 82
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Re: Season 2 - Week 1 Open

on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:24 pm
I'll try to get around to a better write up later if I have time but the Week 1 schedule for the AALoA looks like this:

#1 Florida State vs #7 Arizona State (Cowboys Kickoff Classic)
#2 Alabama at West Virginia
Miami (OH) vs Marshall

Florida Atlantic has a bye.

Scheduling Notes

- With only four active users I was able to arrange the schedule so that the four of us all play each other.
- Nike, you are the only one that only has 8 conference games so I was able to change a fourth game for you and added Truth to your schedule.  If he's still not around that will obviously be a CPU game for you.
- Speaking of Truth, I hope everything is ok considering we haven't heard from him in awhile.  In any case, if he does return he will find that he only has one user game as I didn't make an effort to get him user games considering his absence.
- Nike, I tried to avoid giving you a Week 1 bye but the only way to do that was to give you back to back byes later on in the season and I figured you wouldn't want that.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
PSN ID: SteelPitt16                Twitch ID: SteelPitt16

Madden17 Franchise
Philadelphia Eagles
2016: 9-6 (2-3 NFC East)

NCAA Dynasty
BCS National Champions
NCAA14 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
NCAA13 (Virginia Cavaliers)
NCAA11 (Syracuse Orange)
x--Nike
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 967
Swagger : 21
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:I'll try to get around to a better write up later if I have time but the Week 1 schedule for the AALoA looks like this:

#1 Florida State vs #7 Arizona State (Cowboys Kickoff Classic)
#2 Alabama at West Virginia
Miami (OH) vs Marshall

Florida Atlantic has a bye.

Scheduling Notes

- With only four active users I was able to arrange the schedule so that the four of us all play each other.
- Nike, you are the only one that only has 8 conference games so I was able to change a fourth game for you and added Truth to your schedule.  If he's still not around that will obviously be a CPU game for you.
- Speaking of Truth, I hope everything is ok considering we haven't heard from him in awhile.  In any case, if he does return he will find that he only has one user game as I didn't make an effort to get him user games considering his absence.
- Nike, I tried to avoid giving you a Week 1 bye but the only way to do that was to give you back to back byes later on in the season and I figured you wouldn't want that.
No problem pitt, appreciate everything you do.
x--Nike
Yards : 967
Swagger : 21
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:22 pm
Week 1 Story line:
The FAU Owls after a 12-2 season are looking to gain Nation wide recognition but have a VERY tough schedule ahead of them with games against reigning Nation Champs #1 FSU under new OC Coach Pitt, #2 Alabama under OC Coach Mustard, and #7 Arizona State under Headcoach Dre. These three coaches had a combined 4 losses last year, with very stacked teams, yes very tough schedule. 

Preseason ALL-AMERICANS:
ALL-NCAA 2nd Team
LE Robinson Eugene: Lead the nation in sacks last year with 12, while also adding in 23 tackles for loss, four pass deflections and one forced fumble.

ALL-C-USA 1st Team:
QB Jaquez Johnson: Finished the year with 3100 yards passing and 790 yards rushing with a 72 completion percentage and passing 29 TDs while adding 9 rushing TDs.

WR Jenson Stoshak: Finished last year leading the team with 44 catches and 12 TDs while also adding in two rushing TDs, Coach Nike is relying heavily on him to take over the #1 Wide Receiver position. 

LG Isaac Edwards: Had a respectable season as Sophomore last year with 14 pancake blocks while allowing 6 sacks.

LE Robinson Eugene: Like stated above Eugene was a force last year and is hoping to replicate his season.

FS Marquese Dudley-Gordon: Coach Nike is very proud of Marquese as he started last year as a TRUE freshmen and will only get better as time goes on. He had a very respectable year with 36 Tackles, two Interceptions, five Pass Deflections and two Forced Fumbles.

Returner RB Henry Bussey: True Freshmen Henry Henry was/is the offensive weapon of the team having almost 1000 yards on Kick Returns and one TD while adding another 230 on Punt Returns. He also took over for injured RB Jay Warren and added in 650 Rushing Yards with 5TDs while also having 200 yards Receiving and 4TDs.

ALL-C-USA 2nd Team: 
HB Jay Warren: Another Freshmen who started for Coach Nike who had 945 yards before getting hurt in game 11 of the season. He was on pace for over a 1000 yards rushing and 10+TDs but ended up finishing the season with 945 Yards and 6TDs.
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:47 am
Alabama has signed its first recruit, and it's a good one.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Brandon Martinez (77 OVR, #5 SS)

Look for Coach Saban to tinker with moving him to CB, because at safety, the Tide were already stacked for years to come. Behind starters Landon Collins (97, SS) and Geno Smith (86, SS), the Crimson Tide have sophomore FS Laurence Jones (84), sophomore SS Ronnie Clark (83), freshman SS Brent Thomas (81), and freshman FS Jonathan Palmer (78).
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:49 pm
Alabama dispatches West Virginia with ease, 31-10.

The Bama offense racked up 463 yards, and were in a position to put up two more scores, if it weren't for a goalline fumble by T.J. Yeldon and a red zone INT.

Still, it wasn't all smooth sailing for the Crimson Tide. Yeldon left the game in the first half with a back strain. His backup, Derrick Henry left the game in the third with an undisclosed injury. WR Cam Sims got banged up as well and had to come out.

None is expected to miss significant time.

On another note, after just one game playing with the Alabama playbook, Mustard announced he will be installing the Run and Shoot offense that brought him so much success at SMU.

Asked how his players would manage to learn an entire new playbook before next week's game against No. 7 Arizona State, Mustard only shrugged.

"We'd better get to work, then, huh?"

--

Player of the Game
TE O.J. Howard — 9 catches for 120 yards, 1 TD
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:35 pm

What a way to start out the season! We had a great game by new starting QB Mike Bercovici and we found a way to beat the reigning national champs despite Jalen Strong only have 2 receptions. DJ Foster is as good as advertised and he helped to pick up the slack with 161 YDs receiving out of the backfield. 

Coach Pitt has a tremendous offense, especially on the ground and we had to work hard to slow that down in order to force him into passing situations. Our DB's really showed up and showed out this game by holding FSU to under 230 yards passing, picking the ball off twice, and having many pass deflections in key situations. 

We need to work with Bercovici on his decision making. Sometimes it's better to take a sack or throw a ball away than try to make a play. Also we need to work on some mechanics issues as he over threw a WIDE OPEN Jalen Strong twice in the game, with one of those passing missing out on an easy touchdown. 

We will take 24 hours to bask in this win, but then it's back to work. Things don't get any easier for us as we have a road game in Tuscaloosa vs. the Crimson Tide. Bryant-Denny is where dreams go to die, but we're going to do our best to reverse that trend. 

Next Up: @ #2 Alabama
Player of the Game
Offense: Mike Bercovici, QB, 21-29, 484 Yds, 5 Car, 74 Yds, 7 Total TDs
Defense: Ezekiel Bishop, 6 Tkls, TFL, Int
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum