American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Season 1: Week 8 Open Empty Season 1: Week 8 Open

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Season 1: Week 8

Enjoy some Five Finger Death Punch for no reason other than they're awesome.  You're welcome.

Looks like EA servers reared their ugly heads again causing a horrible disconnect in the Panthers-Packers game, in OT of course.  Opting for the sim, the Panthers came out on top 31-28. Ugh, sorry Plusch.  The CPU continues to be more than tough, even putting up a tie against itself 24-24 in the Seahawks-Rams game.

Matchups

User games                CPU games                   Bye week

Texans vs Titans         Bears vs Patriots           49ers
Packers vs Saints        Lions vs Falcons
                                 Vikings vs Buccs
                                 Panthers vs Seahawks
                                 Chiefs vs Rams
                                 Raiders vs Browns
                                 Chargers vs Broncos
                                 Colts vs Steelers
                                 Jaguars vs Dolphins

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]      Game of the Week     

5-2 Texans at the 4-3 Titans.  Divisional matchup.  Game on.

Question of the Week

Switching gears from EDJ's usual questions, what is your favorite sports memory involving a game you've played in personally?

In middle school I hit a half court shot to win a bball game, prompting me to run around the court like a mad man / idiot while my teammates chased me around.  Had no significant meaning other than a game winner, but still makes me have my Uncle Rico moment every now and then.

Last edited by GoingCommandoAZ on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Season 1: Week 8 Open Empty Re: Season 1: Week 8 Open

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:58 pm
Dammit, of course I lost the sim by 3. Ugh that hurts
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:00 am
I was playing my game and the ea servers lost connections which for some reason they kept disconnecting and nothing I did counted.. If you want u can sim my game or if so when I get home tomorrow could I play it again please let me know
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationMississippi

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:44 am
I got my game done this morning.. Its archived as well.. Finally got that to work.. The broadcast got stopped twice so the game is in 3 parts.. I figured since we have 3 days no point in waiting to be simulated
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yawwwwwn. Stretch. Scratch beer gut. G'morning gents.
After a "fun" hangover fueled embarrassment at a KC-area BDubs watching the Bears/Packers game surrounded by a strangely large group of GB and DET fans (no Chiefs fans there? Seriously?!) and the long drive home, I passed out hard at 5 pm last night and slept until about 12 today. Glorious. And sad how much it sucks to get older.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

THANK YOU Commando by going above and beyond just advancing the week and giving a full-fledged post. Great job.

In regards to the server issues. It may not be EA's fault here. The "hacker group" known as Lizard Squad is claiming they're the ones attacking game servers. Activision/Destiny, and EA/FIFA/Madden have been targeted twice now in the past couple of months. No reason why, but I'm guessing the acne-riddled, hormonal teens are upset they got turned down for homecoming, and are crying because they can't figure out why their palms are hairy.

QotW: One memory I have is the first football game of Senior year. I played in an 8 man class of high school football, starting at Nose Tackle and Center.  On the first snap of the game I absolutely destroyed the QB, and might've had a pick six if I'd turned around to see the ball just floating in mid air for the taking. We were playing a "spread" team that liked to use 4 WR and 3 OLine. So we'd have calls where I'd drop back to play safety (Base D was a 3-3-2 look). Sound defensive strategy right? Let's drop back the fat ass to patrol the middle of the field. It kinda worked. We lost the game by multiple possessions I think. But they only threw my way once and I annihilated the guy running a post across the middle. Either he got scared, or the coaches learned a lesson. Wink It was fun to play out of position like that in a unique way.
Jjjumpman23
Jjjumpman23
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 147
Swagger : 1
LocationNew Orleans La
Fave NFL Team : Saints

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:22 pm
Hey guys I was in this league last year and ended up wining the super bowl at the very end when everyone had left lol. I was wondering if it was possible for me to join again. You guys are on ps4 right?
Zydecajun
Zydecajun
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 69
Swagger : 2
LocationLouisiana

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:10 pm
Plusch24 If you see me on tonight, message me. I also will be on pretty much all day tomorrow. Message my PSN whenever. I have the Playstation App.
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationMississippi

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:53 pm
Yeah it was annoying but I got it done today plus I got my twitch archives to work so I'm good now
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:10 pm
The Bears take down the Patriots, much to the chagrin of GoingCommandoAZ. It was a battle as both QBs could do nothing with the pass. With Tom Brady out, as well as 100 other Patriots players, Jimmy Garoppolo yielded 5 sacks, and a pivotal sack/strip/scoop/score combo to Cornelius Washington and Willie Young. Rumors abound that a voice from the sky shouted "Finish Him" in a dark, satanic voice.

Jared Allen had no choice but to show up and make a play to keep his roster spot from being taken by Washington. Allen recorded a key sack deep in the red zone to prevent a Patriots TD.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 pm
Saints destroy Packers, 34-7. Brees lost for 3 weeks & Rodgers out for 5. I hate this game.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum